Do Bills fans have the same hatred for Jets as Dolphins and Pats?

The saddest thing about the Pats dynasty to me is that I no longer hate the other division rivals, at all.  I almost feel like we're brothers that have gone through the same hazing.

And I used to hate, hate, hate the Phins.  But that's gone - I have pulled for them against the Pats so many times and celebrated when they won...the hate I had was basically erased.

It brings me down a little when I think about it...

The Dolphins owned the Bills throughout the 70s, therefore my hatred for them is strong.

The Patriots* owned the Bills (and virtually everyone else) for the past two decades, therefore my hatred for them is off the charts.

The Jets have owned nobody, therefore they're simply a division rival.

3 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

I just don’t see how Buffalos history against the Jets comes close to the Raiders. 

Probably because jets/raiders hasn’t been relevant in forever.

do you not want to talk about bills/jets all time? I think i can guess why.

This probably shows my age, but I couldn’t care less about the Jets or Dolphins. I don’t love either team, but I don’t feel a legitimate rivalry. On the other hand, I can’t stand the Pats. It’s hard to worry much about the Jets and Fish when they never win anything. 

Edited by SirAndrew

15 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Probably because jets/raiders hasn’t been relevant in forever.

do you not want to talk about bills/jets all time? I think i can guess why.

I’m not going to argue that the Bills have the overall better history, but the Jets (along with KC) were the two franchises that get credit for the merger

1 hour ago, Success said:

The saddest thing about the Pats dynasty to me is that I no longer hate the other division rivals, at all.  I almost feel like we're brothers that have gone through the same hazing.

And I used to hate, hate, hate the Phins.  But that's gone - I have pulled for them against the Pats so many times and celebrated when they won...the hate I had was basically erased.

It brings me down a little when I think about it...

any time I begin to rate my animosity towards our AFC East competition  it goes like this....because I've been an NFL fan since 1973 it began with the fish and then as time has gone by its gotten more heated in regards to the Pats..its their smug arrogance and I cannot simply stand belichick. The fish yeah theyre more pitiful than worthy of angst at this point in time. If their own fansbase doesnt care enough to attend games at home why should I care much about them either. I pity them more than dislike at this point. Talk about a dumpster fire franchise.  

4 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

I actually view the Raiders as more of a hated rival for the Jets than the Bills. 

Its crazy, but despite being in the same division and both in the AFL there just isn’t much of a history between both teams. The only playoff meeting was in 1981.

Im old enough to remember OJ Simpson running a muck through the Jets, but given the Jets were a joke in the 70s I didn’t really care. Same deal with the Kelly/Levy era. It seems like when the Jets are up the Bills are down and vice versa with a lot of instances of both teams being bad sprinkled in.

Jets most hated rivals:

1) Dolphins

2) Pats

3) Raiders

4) Colts

5) Giants 

I was not watching much football during the last high water mark for the Jets which was the Sack Exchange days so not much energy for me in terms of the Jets.  Modern rivalries it would be the Pats and Steelers.  Back in the old days probably the Oilers who were one time division rivals that we typically did poorly against along with the Chargers.  Then there is the Shula-Marino Dolphins.  

First of all thanks for the responses 

My main takeaway is that there have been very few really memorable Jets/Bills games over the years which is hard to fathom. 

I will say the 2015 week 17 game was among the worst regular season Jets losses I can remember.  That team had some talent would have been dangerous in the postseason. 

I do get the sense that Bills fans are pretty indifferent about that game, because they want to forget about the Rex era. 

Edited by JetsFan20

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

I don't think any AFC East team cracks NE's top 5 rivalry. Early on during the Pats dynasty it was probably the Colts and Ravens. Later on it became the Steelers and Broncos. NE always seem to play these teams in big regular season games as well as playoff games over the past 20 years. I would add the Giants just because of the 2 Super Bowls and they did ruin NE's bid for a perfect season.

thiis!

• Like (+1) 1

With Brady gone I don't feel the same hatred towards NE.

Bc they've won absolutely nothing in 50 years and yet their fans continue to act like insufferable Steelers fans it's the Jets for me. 

I actually like Flores.  Not really hating the Dolphins like I did in the early 90s is weird

For me rn:

1. Jets

2. Steelers

3. Pats 

4. Dolphins 

5. Everyone else 

6 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

I actually view the Raiders as more of a hated rival for the Jets than the Bills. 

Its crazy, but despite being in the same division and both in the AFL there just isn’t much of a history between both teams. The only playoff meeting was in 1981.

Im old enough to remember OJ Simpson running a muck through the Jets, but given the Jets were a joke in the 70s I didn’t really care. Same deal with the Kelly/Levy era. It seems like when the Jets are up the Bills are down and vice versa with a lot of instances of both teams being bad sprinkled in.

Jets most hated rivals:

1) Dolphins

2) Pats

3) Raiders

4) Colts

5) Giants 

I think many fans here don't like 'em, but me, I hate the Fins and Pats, Pittsburgh and the Cowboys. The Jets are way below those four. People here often talk about tiers ... and it makes sense here. For me those are the top tier, and the Jets are on a second tier with a bunch of other teams. 

4 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

This probably shows my age, but I couldn’t care less about the Jets or Dolphins. I don’t love either team, but I don’t feel a legitimate rivalry. On the other hand, I can’t stand the Pats. It’s hard to worry much about the Jets and Fish when they never win anything. 

I'm guessing you're about 25?

I hate the Jets far more than the Dolphins. I don't even mind seeing the Dolphins do well sometimes, and the fact they gave the Pats a few losses over the past few years is good in my book (I'm young and didn't experience the 70's or even the 90's rivalries between the Bills and Dolphins).

Nothing would bring me more pleasure than seeing the Jets suck for the rest of eternity, personally. I think it was the Rex Ryan years that really started the hate. They were just a classless team. And now with Adam Gase? Just seals the deal. Definitely isn't a rivalry thing, though. The Jets just aren't likable, like the Browns. And their fans are often just hilariously dense.

BTW, did you know that the Jets are the only NFL team that does not have a plurality of fans in any single county in the nation?

http://m.thepostgame.com/blog/daily-take/201409/facebook-fandom-map-2014-new-york-jets-dallas-cowboys-seattle-seahawks-nfl

I hate the Pats most, though...