Do Bills fans have the same hatred for Jets as Dolphins and Pats?

24 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Speaking of the Jets it looks like Jamal Adams and the Jets could be headed for a divorce. If not I hope he holds out and misses week 1 assuming the season starts on time. He is one of their better players.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/18/jamal-adams-maybe-its-time-to-move-on-from-jets/

Jamal is a great player, but the Jets have all the leverage. Plus nobody is going trade for him knowing his contract demands. 

Would you give up a first round pick (plus whatever else the Jets are asking) for the right to pay a safety 17-18MM per?

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Seriously, Jets fans are the most meat-headed group out of the 3.

Bills fans also don't hate the Jets as much because the Bills have done well against the Jets, dominated them for long stretches and beat them in the only playoff matchup.   In fact I'm trying to think of the last time the Bills had an important loss against the Jets -- and I'm not coming up with one.

Maybe 1998 (Doug Flutie if I recall). The Jets beat the Bills on the road in an important December game in a year both teams were good. 

I actually hate the Jets more than the Patriots and Dolphins for some reason. I never like being worst then the Jets.  And over the course of the drought they were better than us more years than i would have liked. It's kind of like, "if you can't even beat the Jets..." 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

22 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Maybe 1998 (Doug Flutie if I recall). The Jets beat the Bills on the road in an important December game in a year both teams were good. 

Eh....Bills got a WC either way.

I think the Jets/Bills rivalry will do nothing but heat up and keep heating up. Both teams with their respective QBs from the same draft, both fans believing their QB will be the first to win a lombardi. Tua or no Tua, I won't annoint Miami anything because of Tua's potential.

7 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I think the Jets/Bills rivalry will do nothing but heat up and keep heating up. Both teams with their respective QBs from the same draft, both fans believing their QB will be the first to win a lombardi. Tua or no Tua, I won't annoint Miami anything because of Tua's potential.

I didnt realize Jets fans thought that much of Sam... 

34 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Bills fans also don't hate the Jets as much because the Bills have done well against the Jets, dominated them for long stretches and beat them in the only playoff matchup.   In fact I'm trying to think of the last time the Bills had an important loss against the Jets -- and I'm not coming up with one.

The only thing I can come up with is that what I consider to be "the most embarrassing Bills moment" came against the Jets.

When tin-man Chad Pennington juked Eddie Robinson out of his jock. That memory, and the disgust in that moment, is seared into my brain. That's all I got.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s dynamic. Pats were harmless and irrelevant in the late 80s and early 90s.  

also worth noting the colts were in the Bills division, but never produced much of a rivalry. Thank goodness they moved out so it wasn’t Peyton x2 and Brady x2 for almost two decades. 

Dolphins were bills enemy #1 imo, during that time.Those pricks even signed Thurman... the whole Marino Kelly thing... B Cox etc. 

Jets may have been 2 during that time, but the bills usually got by them As well. 

then came 2000 and Pats have been the Bain of Bills existence for a long painful time. 

Prior to the late 80s TE bills were so bad the only rivalry was for draft stays.

So I think it moves over time. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 hour ago, JetsFan20 said:

I actually view the Raiders as more of a hated rival for the Jets than the Bills. 

Its crazy, but despite being in the same division and both in the AFL there just isn’t much of a history between both teams. The only playoff meeting was in 1981.

Im old enough to remember OJ Simpson running a muck through the Jets, but given the Jets were a joke in the 70s I didn’t really care. Same deal with the Kelly/Levy era. It seems like when the Jets are up the Bills are down and vice versa with a lot of instances of both teams being bad sprinkled in.

Jets most hated rivals:

1) Dolphins

2) Pats

3) Raiders

4) Colts

5) Giants 

My rank in order of AFCE is: 

1 - Pats

2 - Jets - I don't hate the team so much, just the fans drive me crazy, even out here in CA

3 - Dolphins - Never really hated them nearly as much, maybe its because they have sucked nearly as long as we did once Marino was gone and the Dolphin fans I know are pretty chill and don't ever run into a bunch of nutty Fins fans anywhere.  

My overall hate in the NFL is:

1 - Pats

2 - Radiers - I actually like Gruden, but just hate the fans...I live in CA, they are the worst

3 - Cowboys

4 - Jets

5 - Giants

1 hour ago, JetsFan20 said:

I actually view the Raiders as more of a hated rival for the Jets than the Bills. 

Its crazy, but despite being in the same division and both in the AFL there just isn’t much of a history between both teams. The only playoff meeting was in 1981.

Im old enough to remember OJ Simpson running a muck through the Jets, but given the Jets were a joke in the 70s I didn’t really care. Same deal with the Kelly/Levy era. It seems like when the Jets are up the Bills are down and vice versa with a lot of instances of both teams being bad sprinkled in.

Jets most hated rivals:

1) Dolphins

2) Pats

3) Raiders

4) Colts

5) Giants 

buffalo historically hates miami; more recently new england for obvious reasons. Personally I’m starting to hate the Jets more and more for some reason... 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

buffalo historically hates miami; more recently new england for obvious reasons. Personally I’m starting to hate the Jets more and more for some reason... 

don’t! They have an idiot coach, overpaid for a older high mileage diva running back and have a eroding locker room. I love the current Jets! 

• Haha (+1) 2

based on my personal experience it depends on if the Bills fans live in the metropolitan NY area or not. Those Bills fans that do I have been told find the jets fans insufferable and obnoxious. Overall  though I think the Bills rivalry is much stronger with the fish and Pats even though all 3 are divisional rivals.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

No, just their fans. ?

But seriously, no. Pats and Dolphins are most hated, Jets just because of the division. I'd be totally fine with the Bills and Jets (Allen vs Darnold) battling it out for the division for the next 15 years while the Pats and Phins suck.

By “battling it out”, I mean the Jets coming in second every year. I hate the Cheaters the most, for obvious reasons. Dolphins are next based upon our Oh For the 70’s experience. ALSO, all the games I watched at home in the basement by the fireplace trying to thaw out after being out with my friends until it got dark around 4 PM while the Dolphin fans were prancing around in their Tee shirts and flip flops in the sunshine. That stung! 

Took my sons to a Bills home game when they turned 16. A rite of passage thing. I picked the Jets both times, thinking the Bills had a good shot. We split. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Jets haven’t been that good for most of the past several years.  Therefore losing to the Jets stings.  I can say the same thing about the Dolphins. Not hatred, just very, very annoying. 
In Central NY there are a lot of Bills fans, a few Jets fans, and many Giants fans. The idea that someone in Central NY would root for a New York City area AFC team rather than the Bills always seems strange to me.