Do Bills fans have the same hatred for Jets as Dolphins and Pats?

I actually view the Raiders as more of a hated rival for the Jets than the Bills. 

Its crazy, but despite being in the same division and both in the AFL there just isn’t much of a history between both teams. The only playoff meeting was in 1981.

Im old enough to remember OJ Simpson running a muck through the Jets, but given the Jets were a joke in the 70s I didn’t really care. Same deal with the Kelly/Levy era. It seems like when the Jets are up the Bills are down and vice versa with a lot of instances of both teams being bad sprinkled in.

Jets most hated rivals:

1) Dolphins

2) Pats

3) Raiders

4) Colts

5) Giants 

Edited by JetsFan20

No, just their fans. ?

But seriously, no. Pats and Dolphins are most hated, Jets just because of the division. I'd be totally fine with the Bills and Jets (Allen vs Darnold) battling it out for the division for the next 15 years while the Pats and Phins suck.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

No, just their fans. ?

But seriously, no. Pats and Dolphins are most hated, Jets just because of the division. I'd be totally fine with the Bills and Jets (Allen vs Darnold) battling it out for the division for the next 15 years while the Pats and Phins suck.

I actually have always liked Bills fans in my interactions when I was a Jets season ticket holder. How can you hate someone from Buffalo?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

I actually view the Raiders as more of a hated rival for the Jets than the Bills. 

Its crazy, but despite being in the same division and both in the AFL there just isn’t much of a history between both teams. The only playoff meeting was in 1981.

Im old enough to remember OJ Simpson running a muck through the Jets, but given the Jets were a joke in the 70s I didn’t really care. Same deal with the Kelly/Levy era. It seems like when the Jets are up the Bills are down and vice versa with a lot of instances of both teams being bad sprinkled in.

Jets most hated rivals:

1) Dolphins

2) Pats

3) Raiders

4) Colts

5) Giants 

https://clutchpoints.com/5-greatest-rivals-in-new-york-jets-franchise-history/

Dolphins were the only Bill's rival until Brady and Belichick showed up. The Patriots are not a long standing rival and wont be any longer very soon. 

In both cases the rivalry was born out of futility and a decade of losses more than anything else. 

Interestingly one would think Pittsburgh and Cleveland would be the rivalry but they just never played enough games against each other.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Dolphins were the only Bill's rival until Brady and Belichick showed up. The Patriots are not a long standing rival and wont be any longer very soon. 

In both cases the rivalry was born out of futility and a decade of losses more than anything else. 

Interestingly one would think Pittsburgh and Cleveland would be the rivalry but they just never played enough games against each other.

Its a little different for the Jets given the BB/Parcells history and also Mangini. 

The Jets also played NE twice in playoffs during Brady era and beat them once. I would think the Pats may view Jets as number one. 

1 minute ago, JetsFan20 said:

I just don’t see how Buffalos history against the Jets comes close to the Raiders. 

The Jets really only have 4 rivals. Pats, Bills, Dolphins, and Giants. The Colts used to be a rival but that died when they left the division. The Raiders have their own rivalries going on with the Chiefs, Broncos, and Chargers. I don't think the Raiders or Jets consider themselves rivals. Even though I am a Bills fan I also happen to be a Jets season ticket holder ( I live in NJ) and their always seem to be a lot of fights between Bills and Jets fans at least in NJ. These fanbases don't like each other at all from what I see.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Its a little different for the Jets given the BB/Parcells history and also Mangini. 

The Jets also played NE twice in playoffs during Brady era and beat them once. I would think the Pats may view Jets as number one. 

I don't think any AFC East team cracks NE's top 5 rivalry. Early on during the Pats dynasty it was probably the Colts and Ravens. Later on it became the Steelers and Broncos. NE always seem to play these teams in big regular season games as well as playoff games over the past 20 years. I would add the Giants just because of the 2 Super Bowls and they did ruin NE's bid for a perfect season.

1 minute ago, eball said:

I hate the Jets.  Don't really know or care about anyone else's rooting interests.

I'm surprised the Jets rise to the level of hatred. They have been an afterthought ever since Namath left. I don't think any team in the NFL would list them as a rival. Certainly not the Giants as they have Washington, Philadelphia, and Dallas.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Jets really only have 4 rivals. Pats, Bills, Dolphins, and Giants. The Colts used to be a rival but that died when they left the division. The Raiders have their own rivalries going on with the Chiefs, Broncos, and Chargers. I don't think the Raiders or Jets consider themselves rivals. Even though I am a Bills fan I also happen to be a Jets season ticket holder ( I live in NJ) and their always seem to be a lot of fights between Bills and Jets fans at least in NJ. These fanbases don't like each other at all from what I see.

The Jets and Raiders were certainly rivals in the AFL days and have matched up a bunch in the modern NFL as well. 

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

I don't think any AFC East team cracks NE's top 5 rivalry. Early on during the Pats dynasty it was probably the Colts and Ravens. Later on it became the Steelers and Broncos. NE always seem to play these teams in big regular season games as well as playoff games over the past 20 years. I would add the Giants just because of the 2 Super Bowls and they did ruin NE's bid for a perfect season.

It goes beyond the field with the Jets/Pats rivalry. BB absolutely despises the Jets and proceeds to embarrass them any chance he gets. 

Keep in mind that Spygate was set off by the Jets and deflate gate by the Colts. I think those two are tops for them. 

I don't hate the Jets, in fact at one time they might've been my 2nd favorite team.  I still hate the Dolphins due to the whole 0 for the 70s thing.  The hatred for the Pats* likewise is (partly) due to their recent dominance.  That & the whole cheating & being so easy to hate & all.

The Jets, much like the Bills have most of the time sucked, so there's little satisfaction in kicking a dog when it's down.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

No, just their fans. ?

Seriously, Jets fans are the most meat-headed group out of the 3.

Bills fans also don't hate the Jets as much because the Bills have done well against the Jets, dominated them for long stretches and beat them in the only playoff matchup.   In fact I'm trying to think of the last time the Bills had an important loss against the Jets -- and I'm not coming up with one.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Greg S said:

That's correct.

The hammer does not consider the nail a rival. Unfortunately for us, we've been the nail for a long time.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Seriously, Jets fans are the most meat-headed group out of the 3.

Bills fans also don't hate the Jets as much because the Bills have done well against the Jets, dominated them for long stretches and beat them in the only playoff matchup.   In fact I'm trying to think of the last time the Bills had an important loss against the Jets -- and I'm not coming up with one.

I'll take Jimmy Spags over any Bahston fan, tho.

• Like (+1) 2