Rams & Chargers Sharing Hard Knocks

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It's an interesting idea... I wonder if it will actually happen given the COVID stuff... More bodies in buildings for that purpose seems hypocritical? 

Could it be done with all remote cams? Seems like a lot of the show already is. Set em and forget em.

I work in the motion picture industry in Los Angeles, and productions are just starting to crawl back to life-- but very slowly. Some of the commercial work-- small productions, with minimal crews-- started up last week. And, the first TV show started up the other day-- The Bold, and the Beautiful. I think there are also some very low-budget movies starting to be being made, taking advantage of the rock-bottom prices of equipment that would otherwise be collecting dust on shelves. But, the word is, at the moment, that the bulk of movie, and television production isn't starting up soon-- possibly not until the end of the year, or until a vaccine comes out. 

With all that in mind, Hard Knocks reality TV in Los Angeles is kind of a no-brainer. Crews are going to be far away from the cast. The cast will be in close proximity to one another, regardless of the TV crews. They will have the best production infrastructure, at the lowest cost that they have ever had. And the protocols for safe TV production in LA have already been written, and approved, and the personnel are lining up for the jobs. 

Bottom line: HBO will have two teams worth of drama, with more production value than they have ever had, for less money than they have ever spent.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, 416BillsFan said:

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but does anyone else think it was going to be the Chargers alone, then Kronke stepped in as to not have his new stadium associated with LAC?

https://deadline.com/2020/06/hbo-hard-knocks-nfl-los-angeles-rams-chargers-coronavirus-1202961954/

With one stadium and 2 teams using the facilities - at the same time? - the film crew just rolls extra film.