Fauci : Football may not happen

Greg S

5 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Like most health officials over the past few months, his predictions were based on flawed modeling, and politicized science. 

Fauci has no authority to postpone anything. He merely offers advice and counsel to the people that direct public health policy. All of them have been wrong from the beginning. 

Comparing him to “people who want to open everything up” is just a way to divide people from the facts of what we have faced as a nation since March. He’s been right and he’s been wrong, and he’s changed his opinions as frequently as everyone else. His job is to take the science and give advice to those with less knowledge. If he thinks it’s a bad idea to open up football, that’s his opinion, and he can offer it to whoever asks for it. Right or wrong. 

Mods should end this thread on this excellent post before too many others make fools of themselves.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

Political expediency is something that is done to advance something politically. Fauci's role is not political. The narratives being pushed about an epidemiologist trying to do his job, on the other hand, are the very definition of political expediency. That's my point.

Keeping his job is political. He is a member of the Task Force, which is a political appointment.

Saying, or in this case, not saying something truthful in order to keep his position fulfills the definition of political expediency.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Fauci has proven he will remain silent when it is politically expedient to do so. Don’t believe a word this clown says.

#CancelFauci

"All obstructions to the execution of the laws, all combinations and associations, under whatever plausible character, with the real design to direct, control, counteract, or awe the regular deliberation and action of the constituted authorities, are destructive of this fundamental principle, and of fatal tendency. They serve to organize faction, to give it an artificial and extraordinary force; to put, in the place of the delegated will of the nation the will of a party, often a small but artful and enterprising minority of the community; and, according to the alternate triumphs of different parties, to make the public administration the mirror of the ill-concerted and incongruous projects of faction, rather than the organ of consistent and wholesome plans digested by common counsels and modified by mutual interests.

However combinations or associations of the above description may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely, in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion."  George Washington.

I truly feel sorry for people who base all their perceptions on political party allegiance.  This "clown" has literally saved thousands of lives with his work.  Stop being a puppet.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, eball said:

Fauci's job is to be the overly cautious, conservative voice.  If you pay attention to what he said he's not ruling it out, he's simply expressing the risks.

Its almost like he's a Dr. and swore to do no harm or something? Maybe that's why hes more concerned with preventing illness and death than the economy and football???  MAybe thats the difference between a Dr. and an elected official???? Idk, just spitballing here.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Its almost like he's a Dr. and swore to do no harm or something? Maybe that's why hes more concerned with preventing illness and death than the economy and football???  MAybe thats the difference between a Dr. and an elected official???? Idk, just spitballing here.

Talking crazy, man...Fauci clearly hates football.  And us.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Keeping his job is political. He is a member of the Task Force, which is a political appointment.

Saying, or in this case, not saying something truthful in order to keep his position fulfills the definition of political expediency.

If he was so motivated by keeping his lofty spot on the task force we would all be injecting our government subsidized bleach rations by now.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

What? He's on the task force but he was already the director of NIAD if the task force ended today he'd still be the director of NIAD.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

If he was so motivated by keeping his lofty spot on the task force we would all be injecting our government subsidized bleach rations by now.

I hope you didn’t buy any masks bro, they don’t work!

Except Fauci admitted that was a lie to the American Public to prevent shortages. 

Do you ever get tired of people lying to you because they know best?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

This statement is exactly the kind of narrative that I'm talking about. There is absolutely no reason to believe that Fauci, a 79-year-old epidemiologist, has, at any point in all of this, been untruthful. The narrative you're pushing, however, has easily recognizable political motives.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

This statement is exactly the kind of narrative that I'm talking about. There is absolutely no reason to believe that Fauci, a 79-year-old epidemiologist, has, at any point in all of this, been untruthful. The narrative you're pushing, however, has easily recognizable political motives.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/fauci-mask-advice-was-because-doctors-shortages-from-the-start-2020-6%3famp

• Thank you (+1) 2

Except Fauci admitted that was a lie to the American Public to prevent shortages. 

Masks don't work except for the specific type which were needed for health care workers and have been in short supply. What they eventually decided was that other masks while not able to protect you from getting it could make you less likely to spread it so using cloth masks was given the go ahead.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

So we went from his political motivations to "he's a liar" in one post.  Where will we go next?

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I would actually like to amend my previous statement. I would say that you shouldn’t trust what Fauci says without rigorous cross examination.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

You're making my point for me. "Fauci said US government held off promoting face masks because it knew shortages were so bad that even doctors couldn't get enough," is not political in any way. It wasn't advancing any political agenda. It was a matter of managing a pandemic for which they weren't prepared.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

So we went from his political motivations to "he's a liar" in one post.  Where will we go next?

Next they'll give him the most dire label yet...  "FLIP FLOPPER!"

How dare someone look at new data and change their opinion based on new data.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

You're making my point for me. "Fauci said US government held off promoting face masks because it knew shortages were so bad that even doctors couldn't get enough," is not political in any way. It wasn't advancing any political agenda. It was a matter of managing a pandemic for which they weren't prepared.

Isn’t that by definition untruthful? Wasn’t that your point?

6 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I see the word untruthful here. Was that not what you just argued wasn’t the case?

• Like (+1) 1

I would actually like to amend my previous statement. I would say that you shouldn’t trust what Fauci says without rigorous cross examination.

Fair enough. I would say that the fact that Fauci often changes, or amends his statements gives me more trust in him. He's a scientist, not a politician. When a politician changes their mind, it's called "flip-flopping." When a scientist changes their mind, it's called the scientific method.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Like most health officials over the past few months, his predictions were based on flawed modeling, and politicized science. 

Fauci has no authority to postpone anything. He merely offers advice and counsel to the people that direct public health policy. All of them have been wrong from the beginning. 

Comparing him to “people who want to open everything up” is just a way to divide people from the facts of what we have faced as a nation since March. He’s been right and he’s been wrong, and he’s changed his opinions as frequently as everyone else. His job is to take the science and give advice to those with less knowledge. If he thinks it’s a bad idea to open up football, that’s his opinion, and he can offer it to whoever asks for it. Right or wrong. 

Yeah that is why the virus is spiking......because of politicized science

Dont be upset the doctors are trying to save lives

• Like (+1) 1