Fauci : Football may not happen

Greg S

3 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

not sure , have not thought it thru that much .. but fauci ? do you trust him? wear a face mask ? dont wear a mask mask? tell me .. enlighten me .. who should i listen to about infectious diseases .. do u have inside info? 

ot sure , have not thought it thru that much .. but fauci ? do you trust him? wear a face mask ? dont wear a mask mask? tell me .. enlighten me .. who should i listen to about infectious diseases .. do u have inside info? 

So you don't trust the credentialed medical expert but have no alternative of your own so I'm just supposed to go with your gut?....

Reaction how about no yeah no GIF - Find on GIFER

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, teef said:

I have no idea why people feel they were duped. You prepare for the worst, and if it doesn’t happen...great.  What’s the great conspiracy here?  

Science isn’t linear like so many people are expecting it to be.  

I’ve noticed an uptick in mommy-blogger types on Facebook posting about things like “educational freedom” and refusing to send their kids to school in the fall with any protective measures in place whatsoever, or else they will not pay their school taxes, because fear, and liberties, and reasons, and misspelled words, etc. 

I think all their husbands are posting here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dwight in philly said:

i dont i wear one relunctantly . but its stupid JMHO

That’s ok.  You may not be wrong, but why not error on the side of caution for others sake?   I know it’s a pain.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So you don't trust the credentialed medical expert but have no alternative of your own so I'm just supposed to go with your gut?....

Reaction how about no yeah no GIF - Find on GIFER

when it comes to fauci .. of course

Just now, teef said:

That’s ok.  You may not be wrong, but why not error on the side of caution for others sake?   I know it’s a pain.

i have been informed , rightly or wrongly thast maskes arent anything other than media frenzy.. plus i dont like breathing in my own CO  2

8 minutes ago, teef said:

I’m generic about it.  When in public, I wear a mask. Not on walks or where I’m in an open area, but if I go into a store, I wear a mask.   Why not?   It doesn’t hurt, and it can only help.   I’m not worried about getting sick, but I’m worried about others.  I wear the mask out of consideration.  

The cashiers in the grocery store deserve that minimal effort from me out of pure respect. Period. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's part of what makes the true infection fatality rate so difficult to know - healthy living people who were infected, but didn't realize because no or minor symptoms.

[But your wife should bear in mind that serology - antibody tests - have a false positive and false negative rate.  A good test will be 2-4% false positive in practice.  So if the actual infection rate in a population is within 2x of the false positive rate, false positives become significant!  In a location with 25% positives, not so much of a problem.]

The other part is undercounting deaths.  The "seasonal fatality rate" which measures how the death rate predictably changes from month to month due to seasonal flu, heat waves, etc shows a gap where we see more deaths than expected this spring, and identified covid-19 deaths don't fill the gap.  A study comparing the official covid-19 death toll to the overall deaths and previous seasonal fatality rates in Italy concluded that covid-19 deaths were likely 1.5x higher than the official death toll. 

It's actually rather hard to find that data for the US right now, as some jurisdictions can take up to a year to report deaths to the CDC.   Here's a blog that does a pretty good job at explaining why certainly through mid-April, covid-19 deaths were likely underreported, probably by ~30%.  It has links to the CDC data.

Once she tested positive for the antibody then she had to take a COVID test before going back to work. The first one was inconclusive and then the second one was negative. She also retook the antibody test three weeks later and it was still positive. Nobody else in our family tested positive. 

9 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

There’s a few regulars in PPP that know their stuff, even if I disagree with them ideologically. But whatever, you’re right for the most part it’s a pit and an echo chamber for the right wingers. That’s why it exists, it’s a “containment zone.”

But how contained is it really? The general response in these forums to anything non-football related and tied to any form of social issue, is a flurry of non-surprising, but still eye rolling comments. And I mean WELL BEFORE COVID-19 and the George Floyd murder. Given the demographic that make up a large portion of Bills fans/season ticket holders, I shouldn't be caught off guard when it happens, but often I am. <-- guessing this line wont earn me many fans...

Another poster said something that mirrored my feelings. Lately when these types of threads take the dark turn they often take, more posters have stepped up to be the voice for logic, common sense and decency. I see a glimmer of hope out there...

*puts on flame resistant onesie* <-- didn't like the proper word for obvious reasons...

Edited by Westside Madness
  • Like (+1) 1

I  Will just say this , i dont care about masks .. i got on here to exchange thoughts about my beloved Bills .. and for the most part its not bad.. but the hyper-politcal stuff i have commented on and have found that i :"didnt toe the line" politcally i was shut down.. me.. i like talking about the old bills at war memorial when i was a kid. or offer an opinion about the current state .. but not hat easy  but my 30 day suspension is over 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Just got off a 30 day ban. and im sure i will get banned again  , but fauci is the epitome of a snake oil salesman .. ignore him

31 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Whose opinion do you trust on matters of infectious disease?

Probably a businessman with no science background and six bankruptcies to his name. Whose opinion would YOU trust?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

But how contained is it really? The general response in these forums to anything non-football related and tied to any form of social issue, is a flurry of non-surprising, but still eye rolling comments. And I mean WELL BEFORE COVID-19 and the George Floyd murder. Given the demographic that make up a large portion of Bills fans/season ticket holders, I shouldn't be caught off guard when it happens, but often I am. <-- guessing this line wont earn me many fans...

Another poster said something that mirrored my feelings. Lately when these types of threads take the dark turn they often take, more posters have stepped up to be the voice for logic, common sense and decency. I see a glimmer of hope out there...

*puts on flame resistant onesie* <-- didn't like the proper word for obvious reasons...

It’s supposed to be a containment board. Admin relaxed the rules recently on political talk here because obviously. Ain’t anything wrong with it. Tell them why their wrong. Respectfully

Edited by JoPoy88

My inbox is filling up with reports on this topic for all the political views that have little to nothing to do with the topic -on numerous posts. Rather than swing the mighty sword, the topic dies. 

Please think twice before posting personal political comments -and REFRAIN.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4