Fauci : Football may not happen

Greg S

Just now, 17islongenough said:

This guy has been wrong a lot.  

I hope he is wrong about this. It sucked having the NHL playoffs get cancelled. It sucks that baseball hasn't started but football is on a different level for me. It's my favorite sport. If this gets cancelled it will be really depressing.

• Like (+1) 5

Given this up tick in the virus due to what ever you want to put the blame on there could be a chance that it will be much harder for the NFL to pull off the season .

I drive entertainer coach for a living and all our concert tours have been cancelled until 2021 so anything is possible when it comes to the NFL not being able to play due to this stuff ...

• Like (+1) 2

How this would surprise anyone would be a surprise. It has been the Damocles sword hanging over the season from the get go. 

Fauci is one of the brightest medical minds in our nation, he is smart enough and honest enough to go with the best information available concerning Covid-19, he doesn’t lie, and has been a breath of fresh air on the national front unlike others. 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 17
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

This guy has been wrong a lot.  

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

I hope he is wrong about this. It sucked having the NHL playoffs get cancelled. It sucks that baseball hasn't started but football is on a different level for me. It's my favorite sport. If this gets cancelled it will be really depressing.

Did you guys read the article? He's using words like "may," and "could." These are cautionary statements he's making. It's not really even about whether he's right or wrong. It's really about how serious the risks become, and whether the NFL can deal with those risks, both for the player's safety, and the safety of the communities they play in. Whether football happens, or not-- he's not wrong.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Has he? I think he's been more right than the people wanting to open everything up.

Like most health officials over the past few months, his predictions were based on flawed modeling, and politicized science. 

Fauci has no authority to postpone anything. He merely offers advice and counsel to the people that direct public health policy. All of them have been wrong from the beginning. 

Comparing him to “people who want to open everything up” is just a way to divide people from the facts of what we have faced as a nation since March. He’s been right and he’s been wrong, and he’s changed his opinions as frequently as everyone else. His job is to take the science and give advice to those with less knowledge. If he thinks it’s a bad idea to open up football, that’s his opinion, and he can offer it to whoever asks for it. Right or wrong. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

No I don’t. What is your point?

Political expediency is something that is done to advance something politically. Fauci's role is not political. The narratives being pushed about an epidemiologist trying to do his job, on the other hand, are the very definition of political expediency. That's my point.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1