What Trade Was Better?

What was the better trade of these 2 choices?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Better Trade?

• Sheppard/Hughes Trade
    • Alonso/McCoy Trade

Maybe the 2 best trades in franchise history, here they are:

Kelvin Sheppard for Jerry Hughes 

or 

Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

Personally I think the McCoy trade was a little better because we was at the time the best running back in the league and he had some very productive years including helping break the playoff drought and he was pretty much the whole offense. But the Hughes trade has been great too, He also gets credit for breaking the playoff drought and he has been very productive and is still on the team. 

What are your guys thoughts? 

I think it's McCoy for Alonso.  Alonso sucked as a Bill and he has sucked in Miami.  Plus he's a dirty piece of *****.

I'll also add getting a 3rd round pick for Tyrod Taylor.  That was absolutely beautiful.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think it's McCoy for Alonso.  Alonso sucked as a Bill and he has sucked in Miami.  Plus he's a dirty piece of *****.

I'll also add getting a 3rd round pick for Tyrod Taylor.  That was absolutely beautiful.

Alonso was a folk hero quickly. Plus McCoy had the huge contract. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm going Hughes simply because Sheppard was a nobody. 

Sheppard i would say.  We traded a LB for one of the worst defenses in the league for an underperforming DE who ended up being a piece here for a long time.

The shady alonso trade was good too - I give the hughes trade the win because of A- the $$$ extension we had to give to shady, and B- Alonso was a damn LEGEND here ?

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm glad we got rid of Alonso as well, cuz he became a nobody with every other team he's been on.  But you can't be serious that he sucked as a Bill.  He was extremely productive and was a rapid rising star his rookie campaign.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ProcessYaDigg said:

I'm glad we got rid of Alonso as well, cuz he became a nobody with every other team he's been on.  But you can't be serious that he sucked as a Bill.  He was extremely productive and was a rapid rising star his rookie campaign.

I thought he fell off his 2nd year but no he had that injury. He never got a 2nd year in Buffalo. Yeah, Alonso was a big star here at the time.

• Like (+1) 1

Hughes for Sheppard was one of the all-time fleece jobs...Whaley's crown jewel.

Getting a 3rd for Tyrod was brilliant.

McCoy for Alonso was important, but not an "all-timer."

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Alonso was a folk hero quickly. Plus McCoy had the huge contract. 

Alonso had two good games and many Bills fans wanted him fitted for the gold jacket.  I never understood it.  McCoy was well worth his contract.  At the time, he was easily a top 5 back in the league; maybe even top 3.

I voted McCoy as he was so impactful while here, other teams just had to adjust to keep us from gashing them.  Hughes has been a great trade and a steal and especially when he had Mario pre Wrex, was a nightmare for O lines, but he’s had injuries like others.  He also made some of the most bonehead personal fouls that killed stops to opposing teams.  I still love JERRY, but if a forced ranking McCoy is my vote.  They were both awesome though.

I went with the Hughes trade for the purposes of this poll but the best Bills trade that I remember was the 3-way trade between the Bills-Colts-Rams where the Bills got Bennett. That was a real game changer.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I went with the Hughes trade for the purposes of this poll but the best Bills trade that I remember was the 3-way trade between the Bills-Colts-Rams where the Bills got Bennett. That was a real game changer.

Great trade but pretty fair. 2 1st round picks.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Definitely up there in team history.  But, hopefully within the next couple of years, we'll be saying that trading for Diggs was the greatest in team history.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Ehh a 3rd for a starting NFL QB even Tyrod is pretty reasonable.  How did we get a 5th for Zay Jones?