Happy Birthday, Bruuuuuuuuuuuce!

eball

Busy day...

Not only is it #78's birthday today, it is also birthday #78 for former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney as well as the 83rd birthday for former AFL and Buffalo Bill player Wray Carlton. 

? ? ? 

Wray Carlton (30) of the AFL's Buffalo Bills. | Nfl buffalo bills ...

Sure wish we had a time machine...

happy birthday!!!

I went to the game the day Bruce went up on the WOF. I was so drunk that day I don’t even remember who the Bills played. Happy B-Day Bruce Smith, greatest defensive player ever. I remember Ralph saying something like “You know him as the greatest DE in Bills history but we know him as Bruce.......... Smith..........”.

Cool Bruce story. I was on my driving range on the Wednesday or Thursday after week 2 back in 2018. We just got hammered by the Ravens and Chargers back to back. Two guys in a cart approached me. The passenger leaned out and asked "he man, do you know where 10 tee is?".....I felt my jaw drop and was thinking "holy $&()#, Bruce Smith is asking me where 10 tee is". I manged to get out, I'll take you to it Mr. Smith IF you come back and play for my Bills again this year, they could use you really bad". He chuckled and replied "this dog don't hunt no more". To his credit, he said he really liked the "culture" McDermott and Bean were establishing and that the young qb (josh) has a chance to be special....It didn't take long to be proven right as the Bills went into the Vikings stadium and upset them that week. Even though I was close to 40 at the time and don't ask grown men for there autograph (unless I'm closing business) I had to get his since I had his poster on my wall as a child. See proof below. FYI, he's buddy was Dale Curry (S. Curry's dad) and he was really cool as well. 

Bruce.thumb.jpg.24eaa667a43613044e17c3a143258863.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

And remember, he played the peak of his career in a 3-4 defense and did not have a dominant NT to take away double teams from him.

So there is no telling how many sacks he could have gotten and if the Bills win SB’s with a dominant presence in the middle.