Sean McDermott meets with media 6/17

Time time time..., is on my side, yes it is.... 

guess what band, 

• Haha (+1) 1

"There are certainly some challenges out there...the protocol is the protocol, we do have time on our side...our approach on the Bills is to find a way and do the right thing...our team here is working long hours to make sure we can meet protocol and function"

"I expect 110% from every guy out there".

"these guys love each other more than any other guys have naturally loved other guys" 

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

McDermott is on his second OC and STC going into his fourth season.  In addition, most of the position coaches have turned over.  Further, McD himself is still learning how to be a HC.  Is he really the best person to determine who will be a good coach?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Happy said:

McDermott is on his second OC and STC going into his fourth season.  In addition, most of the position coaches have turned over.  Further, McD himself is still learning how to be a HC.  Is he really the best person to determine who will be a good coach?

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Happy said:

He made the playoffs 2 out of three years.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 5

McDermott is one impressive guy.  

He works every day to be the best he can be in everything he does, and tomorrow he expects himself to be better than today. Then he creates an environment for everyone around him to live with and thrive under those expectations. 

I'd love to be inside that building to see it in action every day, but I think the process would chew me up and spit me out in days, if not hours. 

The determination combined with immense good will is special. 

• Like (+1) 13

Someone asked about leadership, and who is stepping up (other than Josh) to replace Eric Wood then Kyle then Alexander. 

After the usual stuff about what great leaders they were, McDermott was willing to name names.  Jon Felicano, Reid Ferguson, Mario Addison, Jordan Poyer.  

Really interesting. He said leadership is about having the personal makeup to be a leader and then working at being a leader. He admitted that you wouldn't normally expect your long snapper to be a team leader, but he suggest Ferguson without reservation. He sounded almost a bit surprised to be getting it from Poyer. He implied that you don't normally expect to get it from a guy new to the team when he named Addison.

13 minutes ago, Happy said:

What's your point? That McDermott isn't permitted to have an opinion? That we're all here to discuss future NFL coaches, so we should only be hearing from experts on the subject? What's the point?

McDermott likes that characteristic that he sees in Webb. He likes it. That's all. 

And, by the way, if a guy is learning how to be a head coach, which you admit, shouldn't we expect turnover with his coordinators and assistants as he learns?  

You seem to have only one point to make here, which is that for some reason you don't like or don't have confidence in McDermott. Perfectly fine opinion to have, but an innocent  comment about Davis Webb's future is totally irrelevant to anything going here, or even a negative opinion of McDermott. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2