“Cancel” / Knee-Jerk Culture of 2020 and beyond

57 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

That's the thing that REALLY irks me about this "movement."

They call themselves tolerant when they're anything but. They're illiberal, illogical and anti-American.

...in all honesty Joe, it ranks right up there with my "morning movement".....at least that's "substantive"..............

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

They call themselves tolerant when they're anything but. They're illiberal, illogical and anti-American.

What's predictably stupid about it is the boycott is strictly and exclusively because the guy likes Trump.

That's it.

That a mop bucket like AOC would call for the boycott of an Hispanic-owned company for this reason is no surprise because she carries the collective intellect of a Penfield/Kemp love child. But I see lot of other, smarter people jumping in, and it's just embarrassing that people can be so ridiculously intolerant for such a childish reason.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

What's predictably stupid about it is the boycott is strictly and exclusively because the guy likes Trump.

That's it.

That a mop bucket like AOC would call for the boycott of an Hispanic-owned company for this reason is no surprise because she carries the collective intellect of a Penfield/Kemp love child. But I see lot of other, smarter people jumping in, and it's just embarrassing that people can be so ridiculously intolerant for such a childish reason.

Well, they're not REALLY Hispanic, don't you know? Kind of like Terry Crews isn't REALLY black.

:lol:

• Like (+1) 2

That disgusting hideous "Squad" need to be canceled.

Nothing but a bunch of white-hating racists in that group.

There have to be normal voters in their districts to get them the hell out of office, aren't there?

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

That's it.

All the people you mentioned have a combined IQ that is less than the fingers you hold up in your right hand at any point.

Edited by njbuff

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

She represents Queens.

Anyone ask this imbecile about the Covid deaths in her district the way they do Rubio or Cruz or Gaetz?

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

That's it.

The economics honor graduate helped kick Amazon out of Queens, and is now advocating boycotting another NY area company.  

People are stupid.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, GG said:

The economics honor graduate helped kick Amazon out of Queens, and is now advocating boycotting another NY area company.  

People are stupid.  

There is a group on Grand Island trying to keep Amazon out , just beyond belief. Good jobs and property tax revenue stay away for these idiots like AOC

• Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So, but some Goya products today. 

I was surprised yesterday when someone in one of my Facebook groups started spewing how disappointed she was in their CEO.  Her reasons made no sense whatsoever (and she started with the Trump administration puts Hispanic kids in cages which I quickly linked to lefty snopes to tell her, uh no -lefties listen to snopes so "when even snopes has it..."). By the end of the discussion she was out of the boycott and going to email them how "disappointed" she was (she didn't even know why he was there!)

I swear people get so sucked into this fake-***** on social media, and I have no idea why. Buzzfeed click-bait headlines have infested out entire society, and no one researches or thinks for themselves these days. /rant off, not directed at you at all, Joe ? simply a rant about sheep

Charles Payne pointed out what a terrific company Goya is today:

social media is leading to the downfall of society.  It's so divisive it's hard to see how we can ever have any semblance of unity.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

social media is leading to the downfall of society.  It's so divisive it's hard to see how we can ever have any semblance of unity.

...DAMN RIGHT....it is an explosive, unsubstantiated cesspool of garbage....YEARS ago, when the news industry HAD honor with the likes of Huntley, Brinkley, Murrow, Cronkite et al, fact checking homework was done prior to publication....today?...ANYBODY can post anything with NO substantiation on social media and the scurrilous MSM uses it as fact, UNCHECKED.....look at some of the "factual (COUGH) garbage" used here in alleged dissertations, discussions, etc as "gospel"......then you wonder why PPP is becoming the "new swamp".......sad trajectory...........

• Like (+1) 1

RIDICULOUS: Twitter Mob Tries to Cancel Actress Over RUMOR She’s Dating Trump Fan

One Hollywood actress may find her career in jeopardy over the mere rumor that she is dating a Trump supporter. Imagine that. Just because Killing Eve actress Jodie Comer may be seeing someone who has a different political opinion, it means she deserves abuse from the hateful leftwing mob and perhaps worse.

Screen%20Shot%202020-07-10%20at%201.36.0

At a time when people are being fired from their jobs for “liking” anti-BLM statements on social media, dating a Trump supporter might as well earn someone capital punishment in the eyes of these leftist freaks.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/gabriel-hays/2020/07/10/ridiculous-twitter-mob-tries-cancel-actress-over-rumor-shes

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Erm, I looked and looked... I do not think this is a parody account.  :blink:

Heh, he quite literally locked down his account as I was looking at the comments to his post.

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

There was a 20-something who got fired from a job for wearing a said, We Shoot Racists t-shirt.  He then named the black-owned (his words) company that fired him. It was not going well for him, although he did have a few "SUE!" people in comments.

“Black owned”?  I wonder if he turned the gun on himself?  

ONLY the Left's view is allowed !

"This practice of reading someone's words in an attempt to look for 'dogwhistles' is the opposite of 'charitable interpretation'..."

"... which means 'interpreting a speaker's statements in the most rational way possible and, in the case of any argument, considering its best, strongest possible interpretation.' In contrast, dogwhistle hunting is the practice of interpreting someone's words in the most unreasonable or offensive way imaginable."

• Thank you (+1) 1