“Cancel” / Knee-Jerk Culture of 2020 and beyond

37 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

LOL - wouldn’t that be something.

But seriously, there’s been calls for them to rename themselves for like 20 years now.  It wouldn’t surprise me that much.  

But then it begs the question, “what’s next?”. Where do we draw the line between what’s offensive and what’s not?  Should huge, ‘evil’ corporations withdrawing their support be the tipping point?

The Braves. We can't be the land of the brave anymore...

BTW - That's and indian under my hooves and arrows in my hide (avatar)

Edited by Uncle Joe

30 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump was talking about history last night. He’s proved time and again he doesn’t understand history 

Where was he wrong? I'm a history buff and didn't hear anything that was off the truth.

34 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump was talking about history last night. He’s proved time and again he doesn’t understand history 

You are aware that Presidents typically have a team of people who write such speeches for them, right? I’m guessing you believe that NONE of them understand history? So says the World According to Tibs.

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What did he say that was right? 

You’re the one that came in here saying he was wrong. It’s not on bilzfancy’s shoulders to prove your case.

I wonder if SI will be forced to burn all copies of this magazine?

1910DF36-2DE9-4C7A-ACC2-53C252FC8217.jpeg

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Beast said:

You’re the one that came in here saying he was wrong. It’s not on bilzfancy’s shoulders to prove your case.

I wonder if SI will be forced to burn all copies of this magazine?

1910DF36-2DE9-4C7A-ACC2-53C252FC8217.jpeg

No, Trump has mangled history so many times, why would anyone trust that dunce to get history right? 

45 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, Trump has mangled history so many times, why would anyone trust that dunce to get history right? 

Now

that's

some

weak

weaker

weakestshit

right

there.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Now

that's

some

weak

weaker

weakestshit

right

there.

...what exactly would be your expectations?....go easy....he'll tip over his hi-chair in protest...............

...wonder if the racist suit in a deck of 52 will need to be renamed?.....just askin'...............

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...what exactly would be your expectations?....go easy....he'll tip over his hi-chair in protest...............

...wonder if the racist suit in a deck of 52 will need to be renamed?.....just askin'...............

Who knows in this day and age. Colonel Sanders has to be on the chopping block.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Doesn't get more Fascist then this.  Communist.  Whatever.  Same DNA.  

That douchebag just lost for the second time in the special election, and he's going to lose again in November.

• Like (+1) 1

Ten reasons why Trump’s
‘National Garden of American Heroes’
is such a brilliant move

by Thomas Lifson

Original Article

Once again, President Trump has outwitted his opponents and forced them to fight on a playing field tilted toward his goal. His executive order establishing a “National Garden of American Heroes” and his speech during the July 4th Salute to America that revealed his first set of names for honoring as heroes has left the radical revolutionaries and their media and institutional allies sputtering in futile rage, making arguments that only reinforce Trump’s point.

(snip)

10. The open ended nature of the process encourages Americans to participate by nominating people or responding with arguments in favor of their choices

29 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Kids at Jimmy John's get cancelled. No indication of racism, but we'll call it racist anyway, because progress.

They deserved to be fired. That's unsanitary.

• Thank you (+1) 1