Are professional sports sustainable in WNY?

Beast

Wiyh today's numerous Sabres firings and the Pegula's not paying minimum wage employees, and still no news on a Bills potential new stadium, is anyone else wondering this? I mean, if the Pegula's can't cut it here....I think it then becomes a regional problem.

What do you all think?

Firings?  That's a change in direction of the organization; how at this point that alters fan acceptance of the team is a reach.

New stadium?  Do you think the team needs one?  Does continued use of the current or a revamped NEF spell trouble?  Perhaps in Goodell's and your eyes.

Whether or not the employees of PS&E are considered laid off or terminated I imagine depends upon state and federal law.  How the decision of PS&E to deal with these employees impacts little upon the teams' overall viability.  If the fan base does not support the teams by attendance and viewing, that could be a partial consideration in a team's future viability in a location.  

9 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Firings?  That's a change in direction of the organization; how at this point that alters fan acceptance of the team is a reach.

New stadium?  Do you think the team needs one?  Does continued use of the current or a revamped NEF spell trouble?  Perhaps in Goodell's and your eyes.

Whether or not the employees of PS&E are considered laid off or terminated I imagine depends upon state and federal law.  How the decision of PS&E to deal with these employees impacts little upon the teams' overall viability.  If the fan base does not support the teams by attendance and viewing, that could be a partial consideration in a team's future viability in a location.  

Yes, I very much believe the a team that wants to remain competitive in the NFL needs a venue better than the soon to be 50 year old NEF. 100% on that. Heck it was only a little over 20 years ago the Bills were considering moving because of the state of the stadium. The Pegula's have been asked about this and, still, no plan is in place. NEF is an old stadium with dirt cheap tickets. 

Also, did you see the recent comments about "sustainability" made by Kim Pegula regarding the Sabres? I think you should look it up.

The days of "if I need money I'll dig another well" are distant memories.

Only those that aren't truely paying attention are not a little worried about this.

Edited by Beast