"No Negative Financial Situation" to affect ability to extend McBeane

boco357

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

I think Pegula will sell the sabres and focus on the Bills. it was a mistake from the start to buy both teams. 

No it wasn't.  They'll keep both teams in Buffalo for the long haul.  And I think that owning the Sabres got their foot in the door for the Bills.

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If I asked you in 2014 after Ralph passed if you'd take a new Bills owner that would make some bad decisions but would absolutely keep the team here, would you have taken it?

See above.  Yes. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/17/2020 at 1:27 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Unlike the NFL, the NHL values the Sabres in Buffalo. That said, there are interests that want a second NHL team in the Toronto area. Don't give then an opening.

Thats the point im FINE with it because this team is so INEPT whats the loss at this point..to me the loss is ZERO...its not like im going to games, buying merchandise or anything...

as a matter of fact I was at this point with the Bills also....I finally after almost 20 years(at the time I made this decision they were at 15 years no playoffs) I said same thing..im not going to games or buying a damn thing to support this MEDIOCRITY to downright ineptness..they need to WIN ME BACK! and I did just that I said nothing to support this team till they make the playoffs...and they did that they won me back....im back now im not a "diehard" anymore they ruined that..but they could also win that back....im more of a bandwagon fair weather guy now...but at least im buying stuff and going to games again(3 last year).

I have been listening to the Sabres and going to games since 1975 or 76 since I was 5 years old..ive supported them through thick and thin....but they just lost me now as a "diehard" sure I hope they win cheer for them to win but IM DONE no more games, no more merchandise..nothing! till they make the playoffs..I dont think a fan has a voice other than to not give them $$$..and im at that point they are not "entertainment" or "fun" anymore....they are a inept mess...I wont support that...So go ahead and move them if THIS these last lamost 10 years now is what we will keep getting..move them I dont care anymore..

only way they can win me back is winning and playoffs..thats it..

I was a season ticket holder too.  Bailed based on a ridiculous increase this season.  10% on my tickets, mainly because my seniority buying tickets through all these lean years got me closer to center ice in the 300 level.  They carved the arena into 50 price levels and I was penalized for loyalty during historic futility.  I was thinking of cancelling anyways due to no urgency to get this correct and win.  As it was, it cost me $100 between parking and tickets to walk into the building, while I watched people sitting next to me who paid $10 on stubhub.

From about 1985-on, I was a huge Sabres fan, probably missing only a handful of games between like 1988 and 2013.  Some of my personal identity was tied into this team.  Over these Pegula years I have disengaged more and more as it is awful with no hope.  Last year, I watch portions of maybe 3 games on TV and only attended the 4-6 'retro nights' purely for nostalgia.  

This whole thing was the last straw.  I actually dislike the team and will not engage at all.  They diminish their brand every turn of the way.  Not only on the ice, but things like the alumni jerseys, the embarrassing Hasek jersey retirement ceremony, forgetting teams do a Hockey is for Everybody Night, say they werent scheduling it because the retro nights, then pretend they had it scheduled all along 'sometime' in the final 3 games...  I couldnt care less about Hockey is for Everybody night.  But this team is an unorganized mess, and these things fell under this 'genius' Kevyn Adams and Kim Pegula's realm and they were botched.

Hearing the Pegulas again reject having anyone else (who knows what they are doing) making decisions is chilling. They said similar things when they fired Murray.  They do not know what they are doing.  Kim Pegula thinks she could run the Sabres from Florida using an Ipad with this 'flat' management structure.  Its a joke and it will never work unless they get extremely fortunate.  Its tough to get fortunate in the NHL because there are so many aspects to drafting, developing, building a team, etc...

It will catch up to the Bills.  Maybe not this year or next, but their ineptitude will drive Beane and McDermott off and we are going to be stuck with them hiring people they "know" and are "comfortable with".  

The other day is how I felt when the Bills announced Russ Brandon as the GM.  At least then, I knew Ralph Wilson was late in life and things would change either way before too long.  This, there is no end in sight.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, CBennett said:

Thats the point im FINE with it because this team is so INEPT whats the loss at this point..to me the loss is ZERO...its not like im going to games, buying merchandise or anything...

as a matter of fact I was at this point with the Bills also....I finally after almost 20 years(at the time I made this decision they were at 15 years no playoffs) I said same thing..im not going to games or buying a damn thing to support this MEDIOCRITY to downright ineptness..they need to WIN ME BACK! and I did just that I said nothing to support this team till they make the playoffs...and they did that they won me back....im back now im not a "diehard" anymore they ruined that..but they could also win that back....im more of a bandwagon fair weather guy now...but at least im buying stuff and going to games again(3 last year).

I have been listening to the Sabres and going to games since 1975 or 76 since I was 5 years old..ive supported them through thick and thin....but they just lost me now as a "diehard" sure I hope they win cheer for them to win but IM DONE no more games, no more merchandise..nothing! till they make the playoffs..I dont think a fan has a voice other than to not give them $$$..and im at that point they are not "entertainment" or "fun" anymore....they are a inept mess...I wont support that...So go ahead and move them if THIS these last lamost 10 years now is what we will keep getting..move them I dont care anymore..

only way they can win me back is winning and playoffs..thats it..

Well that's your opinion. Mine, I want to hang on to these franchises because no one will replace them ever.

56 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well that's your opinion. Mine, I want to hang on to these franchises because no one will replace them ever.

Any opinion that includes "move the team, I don't care" is, well, you know...

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/19/2020 at 4:23 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Thats fine. I also do get where youre coming from but once you go into that spin like the Bills did and Sabres are now..that teams more or less a non factor to me anymore anyway..I mean we were season ticket holders in the endzone where the concrete is on the tunnel i mean right against the concrete you could stand up and look back into the tunnel from our seats from 1982-1992  then we went with a big upgrade and got the paul Maguire box seats from 93-2000 then when we knew they had killed the team in 2000 when all the good players left and Rob Johnson was QB we gave up the seasons all together...we went to the home opener and then 3-4 other games during the year.....then we finally said you know what this isnt fun nor worth our $$ anymore...my last bills game(till last year) was the game after Dick Jauron was canned it was Vs Miami and Bills won. that was the last game..I said ..well we all said nope not another game till they make the playoffs NOTHING!

And i think that was what 2009?? so from 2009-2019 we didnt go to a single game, and I did 1 year break down and get a Bills hat for Christmas as my old one was just  too nasty to wear anymore...but from 2009- till when they finally made the playoffs they were more or less dead to me...sure i listened on the radio or on a interwebz feed but I really didnt have any passion anymore I knew they would lose and expected them to lose.. Now that they are out of that funk they won me back ..but the BILLS made me go from diehard to a casual fan to what I am now..maybe a Fairweather fan... I guess.....

Same deal with the Sabes..thats why I just dont care what they do right at this point because if its another 10 years of the typical Bufflao INEPTLY RUN SPORTS BS....its not like im paying any attention anyways...im not going to games, buying stuff..till they make the playoffs....so while I still hope the win// in UNinvested in them till PLAYOFFS anything else is unacceptable.

On 6/17/2020 at 2:32 PM, Doc said:

Given the choice between the two, I’d have no problem with them selling the Sabres. With the caveat that the new owner(s) keep the team in Buffalo. But will anyone honor that? I know that Pegulas will.

Better to have and suck then not have at all.

• Like (+1) 2

Just going off the sabres because it is the same ownership albeit a worse revenue stream, will they continue to fund the FO in the same way? And if not, do we run into a similar Botterill situation where the Pegula’s say we need to cut costs, GM says no, and everybody goes their separate ways? 

I think that’s a larger concern than actually offering a contract. 

40 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Hockey is currently not a sustainable business without fans. He is warning us, no fans next year = sale of team and if his oil business doesn’t improve, this will trickle down to the Bills.  This is warning #1. Buffalo as a city has a huge opportunity to improve their standing post corona

How do you figure?