Too-early prediction - Last Place in AFC East ???

CSBill

I keep hearing the schedule is going to be an issue.  But I'm not sure I really buy that narrative.

First of all... If our first goal is to win the AFC East, then all of the teams in our division will be playing roughly the same opponents.  Everyone gets the NFC and AFC West.  Everyone has to play the Chiefs, 49ers and Seahawks.  Not just the Bills.

Second... Our first path to playoffs goes through the Patriots, Dolphins and Jets.  Up until this season, we were pretty much counting on a Wild Card, because the Pats were a beast too big to overcome.  Well this year, they are likely going into the season with Jarrett Stidham (0 NFL starts to his name).  The Dolphins are in a rebuilding year.  The Jets do have some talent, but we have better coaching and a better roster.

The only reason the Bills still have doubters, is because they can't get past the last 15-20 years.  Or because they have serious doubts about Josh Allen.

3 hours ago, eball said:

I don’t come to a Bills forum to be lectured by Jets fans...as if you have anything to talk about.  You beat the teams in front of you, and the Bills were 10-5 in meaningful contests last season with one-score losses to the Pats* twice and Ravens in which they had the ball in the red zone at the end of the game.

You don’t understand statistics if you believe the Bills are a “prime candidate for regression.”  They are trending upwards.  But thanks for visiting; bye bye now.

Yeah, what eball said! ?. Just kidding.  I don’t go to Jets boards because I can already assume what they are saying, and to be honest, I don’t care at all.  You have to wonder the motivations of non stop posting on a divisional rival board.  Anyway, what will be funny is the search button when we sweep the Jets this year.  I know the search engine well and can look up this thread.

I haven't read through the thread yet so perdon if this idea has been expressed. My reaction to that headline is a Big Fat MEH.....add that prognostication to the pile and keep it with every other pundits "opinion" .....Its clickbait at worst and at best  he'll have scoreboard to brag about at the end of the season . Opinions are like noses we all have em and sometimes they Blow...Of course I'm a huge homer and hope he's wrong too so there is that.

Edited by Muppy

16 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

In normal years the Bills would be a prime regression candidate due to the challenging schedule.

What I think Costello needs to factor in is that there are multiple paths to the playoffs this year since the division is also up for grabs. 

Again, the schedule is brutal for every team in the AFC East, not just the Bills.

20 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

Am I really trying insite things by stating that Matt Barkley stinks? 

Well.. When was the last time Flacco didn't stink?     He was horrid in Denver and was horrid before arriving in Denver. 

And did you mean instigate? 

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Jets fans have a nice little AFC East poll going on.

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/152520-2020-afc-east-polls/

Understandably, the results reflect some homerism.  But all in all, the results are reasonable. 

At the time of my viewing, the Bills are the most popular pick  for AFCE champs.  Stefon Diggs is the top vote getter for receiving yards.  Epenesa is tied for predicted sacks leader.  

Beat writer #1  in the OP.

Beat writer #2  SI.com 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/06/17/nfl-mailbag-afc-east-buffalo-bills

Mailbag: Who Has the Brightest Future in the AFC East?

Opening up the mailbag to look at the AFC East, Antonio Brown, Drew Lock, the Jets' and 49ers' front offices, how the Eagles replace Brandon Brooks and more.

ALBERT BREER 18 HOURS AGO

From Play Neck (@shipcity207): What team has the brightest future in the AFC East?

Play, I’d say right now, it’s the … Buffalo Bills. And I’ve got a few reasons why.

• The Bills have an off-the-charts 25-and-under core on defense, with defensive tackle Ed Oliver (22), linebackers Tremaine Edmunds (22) and Matt Milano (25), and corner Tre’Davious White (22) in the middle of it. I’m not sure anyone in the NFL can say they’ve got a young defensive nucleus like that to build around.

• You can pick at Josh Allen, but the jury really is still out for every team in the division at the position, with the possibility that all four starters come September have three years of experience or less.

• The Bills’ team-building has been pretty strong over the last three years, whether you’re ......  

14 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Understandably, the results reflect some homerism.  But all in all, the results are reasonable. 

At the time of my viewing, the Bills are the most popular pick  for AFCE champs.  Stefon Diggs is the top vote getter for receiving yards.  Epenesa is tied for predicted sacks leader.  

I thought the same Hondo with almost 40% of Jets fans picking the Bills to win the AFCE.  That will probably be my last visit to a Jets site.  I just don’t care that much what their fans think, but they have every right to their opinion.

On 6/16/2020 at 3:44 PM, CSBill said:

https://nypost.com/2020/06/16/buffalo-bills-outlook-josh-allen-co-have-big-expectations/

A pretty fair analysis up to the point where he drops this bomb at the end--with no real explanation:

"The key to the Bills season is how they handle raised expectations. The Bills are now viewed as the favorites in the AFC East with Tom Brady gone.   I’m not sure how they will handle that. I think they could stumble and have a tough season.

Too-early prediction

Last place in AFC East."

I don't swear, but this challenged my conviction.

The author is obviously a bit....how do you say it?....oh yeah, brain dead.

On 6/16/2020 at 3:51 PM, CA OC Bills Fan said:

I had read the article shortly before you started this thread and my reaction was to shake my head and say the author is an idiot.

either an idiot or Jets fan.  well, same thing.  ?

• Like (+1) 1