Too-early prediction - Last Place in AFC East ???

CSBill

1 hour ago, Jaraxxus said:

If they finish last in the division, it'll require a massive catastrophe.

They're simply more talented than every other team in the division, New England included.

eh, not especially. Not with so much uncertainty about the season. A forced shortened season or rash of infections will derail most teams expectations. I get the the Browns ‘19 season comparison, but they were paper thin, power struggle in moment and many new faces last year. Those aren’t our ‘00 issues. But nothing can really be anticipated.

9 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Id say there is a 10-15 percent the Bills/Pats finish last and a 35-40 percent chance the Jets/Dolphins finish last. 

Without sounding overly homerish I’d have it less than 5%. That would be only an Allen injury followed by completely inept play from the backup. With that being said if Allen misses an extended period of time I’d expect the Bills to take a run at Cam. This team is built to win now and they aren’t going to just punt on the season.

That’s why I think it’s virtually impossible for them to finish last in the division. They are incredibly deep (as deep as any team in the NFL). That should insulate them some. While they have some guys that can’t get injured (White, Edmunds, Dawkins, Oliver, Allen) they can withstand it better than most. At a minimum they win 3 division games. If they end up finding 3 more wins that probably keeps them out of last imo. I just don’t see anyway that this happens with this roster and coaching staff. They just don’t have those things that HAVE to go right or else. They’re incredibly balanced.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Probably 5 or 6. Or it could be Fromm. Or someone completely different. Lots of off-season left and teams will ramp up their roster churn in training camp and preseason.

The Bills defense will keep them in most games regardless of the QB. And I seem to remember Barkley spanking the Jets a couple years ago...

Came in cold off the street and with a week of practice and with the first team offense on the field with him, the offense played well.  I remember telling my brother that the pass catchers look much better catching his throws.  It's likely a side benefit of lacking arm strength.  He anticipates more because he has to, receivers adjust to the ball better because they have more time to do it and they hang on to it easier because his throws lack the power of Josh's throws.  That is the first and only time we have seen him with the first team offense and a full week to prepare with a game plan.  

The NY media are hopeless homers. Its always especially sweet to beat the Jets as I love the NY media crying.  Didn't Rex used to love the NY Post?  Oh well, beating the Jets a couple of time will even up things for me.....for the insult.  This article will play in NYC btw, as it plays to the jets fans....ya gotta sell papers you know to pay the bills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This article is so ridiculously shallow it is not worth discussing seriously.   It could have been written by a 12 year old Jets fan.  

43 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

You hope the backup QB doesn’t play, but if he does he becomes very important. 

I feel much better about Joe Flacco than Matt Barkley. 

Flacco will not even be ready to play by season start.  He is beyond his last legs.  He may have once been better than Barkley, but is no more.  

Edited by FLFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

And how many wins does Barkley lead the Bills to against that schedule? 

JF 2020, I thought let’s give the guy the benefit of the doubt, maybe he likes both teams.  Unlikely, but ok.  Then I kept listening.  You’re just trying to insight things, and if you were even a little neutral, ok.  It’s very obvious you’re not.

Do what you think is best, and enjoy you’re friends on you’re Jets website.  Here, it is very apparent you’re not here to be even fair minded.  That’s too bad.  I really did give you a chance to be fair minded.  You’ve done a great job in that I’m one old time poster who won’t respond to you’re originating threads again.  I’d say to my friends, consider because if there is no audience the poster leaves.  They want a response which is why he’s here in the first place.

its not like ice bowl.  2020, you wouldn’t know as you don’t care he is a GB guy who respects Bills fans and we are incredibly respectful of each other.  These are great teams and fans.

There's been a couple of times where the Bills pulled up on Brady. Sam Adam's return TD. George Wilson in 2011.

Don't do that please against a first year QB. Houston took that extra hit to Allen's elbow. Hardin and Jackson lit him up last year in Buffalo. A lot of payback to dish out.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I honestly don’t have any problem with him picking the Bills last. I don’t think it’s likely but everyone is entitled to their opinion. It’s just odd. He talks about how good they are in all of these areas and then picks them last. It’s just kind of strange.

@JetsFan20 come get your boy...

exactly. It’s fine if you make that prediction, but when you write an article with that at the prediction, you’d think you’d offer something to support your prediction. Ha. 

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

https://nypost.com/2020/06/16/buffalo-bills-outlook-josh-allen-co-have-big-expectations/

A pretty fair analysis up to the point where he drops this bomb at the end--with no real explanation:

"The key to the Bills season is how they handle raised expectations. The Bills are now viewed as the favorites in the AFC East with Tom Brady gone.   I’m not sure how they will handle that. I think they could stumble and have a tough season.

Too-early prediction

Last place in AFC East."

I don't swear, but this challenged my conviction.

He going by the fact the Bills have much tougher schedule

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

JF 2020, I thought let’s give the guy the benefit of the doubt, maybe he likes both teams.  Unlikely, but ok.  Then I kept listening.  You’re just trying to insight things, and if you were even a little neutral, ok.  It’s very obvious you’re not.

Do what you think is best, and enjoy you’re friends on you’re Jets website.  Here, it is very apparent you’re not here to be even fair minded.  That’s too bad.  I really did give you a chance to be fair minded.  You’ve done a great job in that I’m one old time poster who won’t respond to you’re originating threads again.  I’d say to my friends, consider because if there is no audience the poster leaves.  They want a response which is why he’s here in the first place.

its not like ice bowl.  2020, you wouldn’t know as you don’t care he is a GB guy who respects Bills fans and we are incredibly respectful of each other.  These are great teams and fans.

Am I really trying insite things by stating that Matt Barkley stinks? 

24 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

He going by the fact the Bills have much tougher schedule

The entire AFC East has some of the hardest schedules in the NFL.  Win the division, you make the playoffs.

Edited by Doc

I'm nervous because what comes with expectations is a big boy schedule. Last year we struggled to beat a lot of bad football teams. This years roster is better and Josh gained valuable experience, but the Bills are still a prove it team in my opinion. We'll wait and see, but I said before that the team could be better but have a worse record this season. Possibly 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

You hope the backup QB doesn’t play, but if he does he becomes very important. 

I feel much better about Joe Flacco than Matt Barkley. 

Me too. Flacco is MUCH better than Barkley.

Therefore the Jets are MUCH better than the Bills.

Seems logical. :doh:

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

34 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Am I really trying insite things by stating that Matt Barkley stinks? 

Insight - nope, but i hear you.

Insite - nope, stop while you're ahead.

Inhindcite, I wish I hadn't responded.

• Haha (+1) 1

Even if you can’t stand the buffalo Bills...they are the favorite.  

Even if you just think they are lucky...they have made the playoffs twice in three years with different teams and added more talent this year.

Even if you write for a newspaper...doesn’t mean you can’t be moron.

...sometimes it’s a prerequisite.

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not sure Brian understands how odds work. He says that “the odds are against Buffalo making it to the playoffs this year.” The Bills are -105 to win the division right now. Not only do the odds favor them to make the playoffs, the odds favor them to win the division.

As a long time NY Post reader when I lived back east, I always found Costello to be little more than an instantly forgettable, paint-by-numbers columnist.

The 'odds are against Buffalo' conclusion based on the last time they appeared in the playoffs in consecutive seasons is just the worse kind of nonsensical crap.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 1