Too-early prediction - Last Place in AFC East ???

CSBill

Last place is ridiculous.

I could definitely see us not winning the division, or potentially missing the playoffs if Allen either gets injured or regresses significantly.  But last place seems like quite a stretch.

• Like (+1) 1

I honestly don’t have any problem with him picking the Bills last. I don’t think it’s likely but everyone is entitled to their opinion. It’s just odd. He talks about how good they are in all of these areas and then picks them last. It’s just kind of strange.

@JetsFan20 come get your boy...

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I just saw this myself 

Jets beat reporter predicts last place finish for Bills in AFC East

The Post-StandardJune 16, 2020, 3:21 PM EDT

Not everyone is buying the Buffalo Bills as a contender in the AFC in 2020. In fact, Brian Costello, New York Jets beat reporter for the New York Post, sees the Bills having a disastrous 2020 campaign. In his Bills outlook article for 2020, Costello paints a picture of a team that will crumble under the pressure of being the favorites in the AFC East for the first time since the 1990s. Just how bad does he see things going for the Bills this season? 

What a buffoon 

It amazes me why fans care about their stuff. If you want to read about the greatness of Josh Allen and the Bills there are plenty of outlets to do so. 

Costello makes some good points, but it’s just an op-ed. This is the NFL-there are so many examples of teams that you thought would be good that end up stinking. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I honestly don’t have any problem with him picking the Bills last. I don’t think it’s likely but everyone is entitled to their opinion. It’s just odd. He talks about how good they are in all of these areas and then picks them last. It’s just kind of strange.

@JetsFan20 come get your boy...

Well you have to admit that the Bills have far and away the worst backup QB situation in the division. If Allen goes down, good luck with Barkley and Fromm. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Why would you let some random article challenge your convictions?

Just now, JetsFan20 said:

Well you have to admit that the Bills have far and away the worst backup QB situation in the division. If Allen goes down, good luck with Barkley and Fromm. 

If any starting QB in the league goes down, outside just a couple of teams, they are screwed. Many of them are screwed even with their starters (Jets come to mind).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why would you let some random article challenge your convictions?

If any starting QB in the league goes down, outside just a couple of teams, they are screwed. Many of them are screwed even with their starters (Jets come to mind).

You hope the backup QB doesn’t play, but if he does he becomes very important. 

I feel much better about Joe Flacco than Matt Barkley. 

8 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Fair point.

But on the other hand, if the only clear section you can point to on the Bills roster and call them inferior is BACKUP QB, well...ya know...they must have a pretty good roster.

The Jets, by comparison, are lacking in edge rushing threats, cornerbacks, and have a completely new offensive line that needs to prove its worth. THAT seems more important to determining game outcomes than the backup quarterback situation.

I do agree with your overall point that fans get too worked up about opposing viewpoints. Like...a Jets writer predicted the Bills will do poorly? Oh nooooo! Unacceptable! Let's spam him with hateful comments! ?

9 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

I’ll agree with that (although Fromm is a wild card). As we sit today the Bills should feel worse about their number 2 than anyone in the division. Brian never suggests though that Allen goes out (which would be an odd thing to predict). Just saying, it’s a tough argument to put the Bills last in the division. They are +650 to finish 4th (and that’s way low imo). If someone offered me 30:1 that the Bills would finish 4th in the division I wouldn’t touch it. 

The article is extremely odd.  It is very complimentary about the Bills before doing a complete reversal of field and predicting that the Bills will finish last at the end of the article.  Even if a non-Bills fan were to read this article, they would likely be left scratching their head.  That said, the guy can write what he wants and is entitled to his opinion.  It doesn't really bother me at all.

From what I read in the first few posts I’m glad I didn’t bother with it.

Go Bills!!!

13 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Doesn't matter. You'll win 7 or 8 games with Darnold and maybe 5 or 6 with Flacco? If that?

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ll agree with that (although Fromm is a wild card). As we sit today the Bills should feel worse about their number 2 than anyone in the division. Brian never suggests though that Allen goes out (which would be an odd thing to predict). Just saying, it’s a tough argument to put the Bills last in the division. They are +650 to finish 4th (and that’s way low imo). If someone offered me 30:1 that the Bills would finish 4th in the division I wouldn’t touch it. 

Id say there is a 10-15 percent the Bills/Pats finish last and a 35-40 percent chance the Jets/Dolphins finish last. 

10 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

The feelings about Barkley are pretty skewed by the 4th quarter vs. the Pats and the week 17 game vs. the Jets.  As with Frank Reich, he could very well look much better with a full week of prep and the best of the rest of the offensive roster on the field with him.   That's the best scenario we could hope for should he be the #2 and have to play for a few games.

1 minute ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

The feelings about Barkley are pretty skewed by the 4th quarter vs. the Pats and the week 17 game vs. the Jets.  As with Frank Reich, he could very well look much better with a full week of prep and the best of the rest of the offensive roster on the field with him.   That's the best scenario we could hope for should he be the #2 and have to play for a few games.

He is baaaaaddddd.

Just now, JetsFan20 said:

And how many wins does Barkley lead the Bills to against that schedule? 

Probably 5 or 6. Or it could be Fromm. Or someone completely different. Lots of off-season left and teams will ramp up their roster churn in training camp and preseason.

The Bills defense will keep them in most games regardless of the QB. And I seem to remember Barkley spanking the Jets a couple years ago...