Too-early prediction - Last Place in AFC East ???

CSBill

https://nypost.com/2020/06/16/buffalo-bills-outlook-josh-allen-co-have-big-expectations/

A pretty fair analysis up to the point where he drops this bomb at the end--with no real explanation:

"The key to the Bills season is how they handle raised expectations. The Bills are now viewed as the favorites in the AFC East with Tom Brady gone.   I’m not sure how they will handle that. I think they could stumble and have a tough season.

Too-early prediction

Last place in AFC East."

I don't swear, but this challenged my conviction.

• Like (+1) 2

I’m not sure Brian understands how odds work. He says that “the odds are against Buffalo making it to the playoffs this year.” The Bills are -105 to win the division right now. Not only do the odds favor them to make the playoffs, the odds favor them to win the division.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't like talking about it, and I'm usually the type to furiously argue the positive side of things. That said, I don't have a hard time imagining us falling apart this year.  We barely beat some bad teams last year. The opposition is much stronger this year. The Jets and Dolphins will not be the same pushovers they were last year. The Pats will still be good--not just because of BB, but because their defense was so good last year and still above average this year.  There are a bunch of good and strong arguments why everything I just said could be flipped upside down. I'm just saying its not crazy to think that things fall apart next year. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not sure Brian understands how odds work. He says that “the odds are against Buffalo making it to the playoffs this year.” The Bills are -105 to win the division right now. Not only do the odds favor them to make the playoffs, the odds favor them to win the division.

He seems to think that because they have not made the playoffs 2 years in a row since the nineties,  that affects their odds to make the playoffs this year because they already made them last year. Pretty stupid.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

Same as all above. Hilarious article. 

here’s the summary - the bills have a strong D, made the playoffs 2 of last three years, added Diggs, Singletary is good, and Allen has shown a lot of promise. Prediction: last place in AFC. Reason: NY Post. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, dubs said:

Same as all above. Hilarious article. 

here’s the summary - the bills have a strong D, made the playoffs 2 of last three years, added Diggs, Singletary is good, and Allen has shown a lot of promise. Prediction: last place in AFC. Reason: NY Post. 

Brian Costello also covers the Jets for the Post. He is a cheerleader for the green and white.

3 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

He seems to think that because they have not made the playoffs 2 years in a row since the nineties,  that affects their odds to make the playoffs this year because they already made them last year. Pretty stupid.

They are actually -215 to make the playoffs according to Bovada. Basically, the guy just made some stuff up.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Time to relax, Mcd isn’t going lose this team or let this team fall apart. We have serious talent all over the board, I think the difference between us and other teams with expectations is that 1) Mcd keeps the roster humbled and hungry, 2) we clearly don’t have players who play as individuals, this roster has bought into the culture of family.

there is not one team we can’t play or keep up with. Time to take the attitude that other teams need to worry about us.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Advanced analytics.

• Haha (+1) 2