Botts Canned!

22 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

WTF Kevyn Adams? Can someone who knows him better make me feel ok about that?

Might just be interim, but he would be another first time GM right?

WNY native, long time NHL player..business admin side of Sabres now.

BTW, won a Cup with the HUrricanes in 06, so maybe this is the Sabres cosmic offering to the hockey gods that finally gets this franchise back to that spot

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

Adams played hockey and lives in Buffalo.  Took a few college courses and worked at Harbor Center.  Most importantly, Kim Pegula is comfortable challenging him with ideas.  Perfect GM for this team.  

and , maybe the heat from the @john wawrow interview dies down a bit now...placate the masses

15 minutes ago, ALF said:

What the heck happened , I thought Botts was just given a vote of confidence.

The proverbial kiss of death!

I think the reaction from the press after Kim's support finally opened up the owners' eyes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Kevyn Adams has never been a GM and was working on the business side of things prior to this.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but Adams seems like a dumpster fire waiting to happen. Russ Brandon without the baggage.

FFY

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

This actually makes me more ill.

Id take Botterill/Sexton/Greeley over Adams/Kruger.  

I would not go that far...Botterill i know is bad...Adams i have no clue...but can he really take the Sabres lower in the standings than Botts did?

13 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

WNY native, long time NHL player..business admin side of Sabres now.

BTW, won a Cup with the HUrricanes in 06, so maybe this is the Sabres cosmic offering to the hockey gods that finally gets this franchise back to that spot

Played at my alma mater also! 

• Like (+1) 1

just shocked.  I'm a Pens fan, and he was supposed to take over for Rutherford.  Then, suddenly, the Pens were okay with Rutherford sticking around and Botterill going to the Sabers.  

For any Sabers fans here, what was the issue?  Bad trades?  He always got a lot of credit for the Pens good trades, but it does seem the trades/scouting here got even better once he left.  

26 minutes ago, Purplebulldog said:

Let go this AM- Kevyn Adams new GM

is Kervyn an interim GM? 

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Adams assistant GM hire(s) are going to be extremely important. I’m really hoping they can find someone with lots of experience. 

Would anyone even recognize experience in the assistant GM role?  I know I couldn't tell you anyone in that role anywhere along the league.  Hell, I don't even know if we had anyone in that position prior to the current group.  I only know of Greeley because I used to watch him play back in his college days.

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

just shocked.  I'm a Pens fan, and he was supposed to take over for Rutherford.  Then, suddenly, the Pens were okay with Rutherford sticking around and Botterill going to the Sabers.  

For any Sabers fans here, what was the issue?  Bad trades?  He always got a lot of credit for the Pens good trades, but it does seem the trades/scouting here got even better once he left.  

is Kervyn an interim GM? 

Horrible scouting program and no idea how to build a roster/allocate resources.  At least Tim Murray could evaluate talent - he just pissed everyone off who worked with him and squandered draft picks too freely.  Botterill couldn't even evaluate talent.  He torched the roster and set the team back another 5 years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

There it is.

1 minute ago, shrader said:

Would anyone even recognize experience in the assistant GM role?  I know I couldn't tell you anyone in that role anywhere along the league.  Hell, I don't even know if we had anyone in that position prior to the current group.  I only know of Greeley because I used to watch him play back in his college days.

I am thinking along the lines of Lafontaine hiring Craig Patrick. Or Ron Hextall bringing in Dean Lombardi. Or even Botterill hiring Randy Sexton, who had experience as a GM (though I’m hoping for better than Sexton...).

It doesn’t necessarily have to be in an asst. GM role. I just want him to hire someone experienced to help him. I have to imagine he will.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Horrible scouting program and no idea how to build a roster/allocate resources.  At least Tim Murray could evaluate talent - he just pissed everyone off who worked with him and squandered draft picks too freely.  Botterill couldn't even evaluate talent.  He torched the roster and set the team back another 5 years.

perhaps the Pens were fine with him leaving for that reason and saw it ahead of time.  Wish he went to team besides the Sabers if he was that bad.  Like the Capitals.