Botts Canned!

5 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

WTF Kevyn Adams? Can someone who knows him better make me feel ok about that?

Might just be interim, but he would be another first time GM right?

They haven't used the interim label on this just yet, but it has to be a transitional thing.  It makes me wonder if they're just playing out that one year left on Botterill's contract.

12 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://wyrk.com/breaking-buffalo-sabres-fire-gm-jason-botterill/

Wonder what this means for Ralph Krueger?

WTF??

I don't think it does anything harmful to Krueger's status. In fact it might make him more influential regarding personnel matters. 

I'm speculating like everyone else with what happened here. My guess is that Botterill was asked about what his strategy was to make this team more relevant in the league. If he said he was staying the course then he gave the owners an answer that they were not satisfied with. 

What I would like to know is if Kevyn Adams is the temporary acting GM or if another GM will be sought? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I don't think it does anything harmful to Krueger's status. In fact it might make him more influential regarding personnel matters. 

I'm speculating like everyone else with what happened here. My guess is that Botterill was asked about what his strategy was to make this team more relevant in the league. If he said he was staying the course then he gave the owners an answer that they were not satisfied with. 

What I would like to know is if Kevyn Adams is the temporary acting GM or if another GM will be sought? 

They named him full time GM. No interim. He and Ralph will be working together, it sounds like.

6 minutes ago, ALF said:

What the heck happened , I thought Botts was just given a vote of confidence.

?‍♂️

Edited by BillsFan4

Just now, JohnC said:

And then there's Greeley who was passed over for Adams.  He was getting interviews over the last couple years and it sounded like he was and up and comer.  Is he going to be out too?

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/sabres-name-kevyn-adams-senior-vice-president-of-business-administration/c-309397640

I didnt know Adams was running the business administration side of the Sabres. I thought he just worked at harborcenter. It makes me feel a bit better that he does at least have some experience in an NHL front office. He also has NHL playing + coaching experience. Maybe he’ll end up being a well rounded candidate.

I knew he was being groomed by the Sabres for years. I didn’t expect him to be named GM yet, though.

Im shocked but I’m sure I’ll find reasons to get excited. I’ll be anxious to hear Adams address the media. On a positive, “it’s a situation where” His press conferences can’t be any worse and less inspiring than Botterill’s were... ?

Edited by BillsFan4

Kevyn Adams has never been a GM and was working on the business side of things prior to this.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but Adams seems like a dumpster fire waiting to happen.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

They named him GM. He and Ralph will be working together, it sounds like.

?‍♂️

If Adams is the GM is it for one year or was he given a contract? 

This is just my quick reading/speculating of the situation is that Krueger and Adams were aligned while Botts had a different approach. My sense is that Krueger will have more influence with Adams than he did with Botts. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, shrader said:

And then there's Greeley who was passed over for Adams.  He was getting interviews over the last couple years and it sounded like he was and up and comer.  Is he going to be out too?

With confidence I can say: I know nothing!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=catch+phrase+sgt+shultz+i+know+nothing&&view=detail&mid=FF75AB3BB69E4CF9B920FF75AB3BB69E4CF9B920&rvsmid=48EF9390F79269AAAF5848EF9390F79269AAAF58&FORM=VDQVAP

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

If Adams is the GM is it for one year or was he given a contract? 

This is just my quick reading/speculating of the situation is that Krueger and Adams were aligned while Botts had a different approach. My sense is that Krueger will have more influence with Adams than he did with Botts. 

I get the same sense. 

I’m always nervous giving a coach more influence over their rosters. But Krueger does have relevant experience. He’s been a team president and He helped put together the Swiss rosters for a decade +. 

Hey, Maybe they’ll end up being the Bills Beane/McDermott combo? 

I can tell I've been a Buffalo sports fan for too long when I’m already finding reasons to get excited about this.... ?

11 minutes ago, shrader said:

Yes, both Greeley and Sexton fired too. 

Bummer about Greeley.