Baccari Rambo Arrested for Rape

53 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You've deduced quite a bit from this article.  So I guess he's guilty, right?

I didn't see one of those.  My post was more of a, "let's get some facts before putting this guy in the electric chair," kind of post.  But I can see why you would already find him guilty.

Quite a deduction yourself. You implied something was off. I simply gave a top-of-mind explanation to connect the dots. You're insisting my position on his guilt. Supposedly you're behaving impartially. So am I. I'm just defaulting toward the victim with the benefit of the doubt, and yours is going the other way. But we're both, of course, being 'objective.' 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Quite a deduction yourself. You implied something was off. I simply gave a top-of-mind explanation to connect the dots. You're insisting my position on his guilt. Supposedly you're behaving impartially. So am I. I'm just defaulting toward the victim with the benefit of the doubt, and yours is going the other way. But we're both, of course, being 'objective.' 

Fair enough.  I apologize for the misunderstanding.  I'm actually not leaning either way, but I can certainly see how that what I said could be perceived that way.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

Fair enough.  I apologize for the misunderstanding.  I'm actually not leaning either way, but I can certainly see how that what I said could be perceived that way.  

All good. Thanks for the apology. Cheers. I hope he is innocent, but I hope also she is not lying. It's a lose-lose situation. I mostly wish it never happened at all. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

was waiting to see how long it would take for the blame the girl post.  jesus christ man.

I mean, he’s a black guy charged with rape, he must be guilty, right?

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

Local media account

https://www.onlineathens.com/sports/20200616/former-uga-all-american-bacarri-rambo-arrested-on-rape-charge

6 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

See this is where things get interesting. How do we have sidelines with players like this, kneeling and telling me about moral highgrounds/values?

I was waiting for this one too. 

One former player accused of a crime, who never knelt or protested while on an NFL team, casts doubt on the values and morals of all players to you and their right to protest what they see as injustice, amIright?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Local media account

https://www.onlineathens.com/sports/20200616/former-uga-all-american-bacarri-rambo-arrested-on-rape-charge

One former player accused of a crime, who never knelt or protested while on an NFL team, casts doubt on the values and morals of all players to you and their right to protest what they see as injustice, amIright?

I for one would love to see Chiefs players kneel to protest their teammate beating his girlfriend. Eh, whatever, who care about that amiright?????

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Something is weird .... the call to the police came from his apartment, but the rape occurred at a different location?

That's pretty ambiguous from the op and totally ambiguous from the link I posted from a local paper. 

"Former Georgia All-American safety Bacarri Rambo was arrested late Monday night on a charge of rape.

Athens-Clarke County Police responded to a rape call on Saturday at 1:17 a.m. The incident took place at the Georgia Heights apartments in downtown Athens. Rambo’s address is listed in that complex.  The victim is listed as a 21-year old female. Police said that the female is a University of Georgia student, according a press release it issued Tuesday."

"No further details about the case were immediately available.  “The police department does not release the details of sexual assaults unless there are specific details that may provide safety information to the general public,” a police spokesperson said via email “The department is not inclined to release further information on this case.”

Sounds as though the incident may have taken place in the apartment complex where he's listed as living, but in a different apartment.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Try harder

Elaborate or move on.

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Local media account

First of all, the fact that you were "waiting for this one" is a level of pathetic I can't wrap my head around. If you sit around on a message board waiting, you genuinely need a life.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/freebeacon.com/issues/nfl-players-protested-national-anthem-sunday-arrest-records/amp/

And here, more than one more, all who knelt with criminal background.

Now please, go find a ***** hobby.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Elaborate or move on.

The majority of players are not bad people. You implied since one guy who has been out of the league for several years was accused of a crime, no player should be allowed to protest or ask for change. You posted a straw man argument. Try harder

Here is an arrest record from 2018. https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/2018/all/all/

34 arrests out of 1,696 players (53 man rosters). That is 2%

34 arrests out of 2,880 players (90 man rosters)  That is 1.1%

Try harder

Edited by Captain Hindsight

5 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

The majority of players are not bad people. You implied since one guy who has been out of the league for several years was accused of a crime, no player should be allowed to protest or ask for change. You posted a straw man argument. Try harder

Here is an arrest record from 2018. https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/2018/all/all/

34 arrests out of 1,696 players (53 man rosters). That is 2%

34 arrests out of 2,880 players (90 man rosters)  That is 1.1%

Try harder

I implied no one should be allowed to protest? Or I pointed out we have criminals on sidelines trying to act like they deserve a moral high ground.

Where did i say no one should be allowed to protest? You are trying to push something onto me based on the illusion of what YOU THOUGHT my post meant and what was actually asked.

Also, if cops were only killing 1% of unarmed black men, would you be fine with it, since the percentage is so low?

Moreover, on a message board, your response is to try harder? For who? Who am I here to impress?

• Thank you (+1) 1