Goodell opens door for Kaepernick return. How will this end? Take your bets!

How will this resolve?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen with Kaepernick and the NFL?

• A team will sign him (name the team)
    • He'll join the NFL front office
    • Kaepernick will remain out of the NFL entirely

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So if he isn’t good (and I’m not really even arguing how good he is but rather he is a nfl qb), what do you call a guy with worse passing numbers with better weapons than him?

1-10 kap > 10-6 playoff Josh.   

I can dig it.    Where can I find the blinders to block out the part where he was benched for Gabbert because he was straight trash after his strong early career performances ? 

dudes 11 and 24 his last 3 seasons.    Get er dun !!!       

Richie incognito and stuff ! 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

1-12 kap > 10-6 playoff Josh.   

I can dig it.    Where can I find the blinders to block out the part where he was benched for Gabbert because he was straight trash after his strong early career performances. 

God, this is dumb.  Please tell me this is an act and you don’t really think like this.  Drew Brees (hero!!!) went 7-9 2 straight seasons.  Those playoff Josh > Drew Brees.  This is right by this dumb logic.

I never had an issue with him taking a knee.  Some of the things he says are just ignorant or just don't make any sense.  It's too bad he didn't get some smart minds behind what he was trying to achieve when he had the platform.  I don't see him being very impact moving forward.

• Like (+1) 2

I think that we are looking at this with extremes. Is Kaep better than some current QBs? Of course!! Nathan Peterman has a job. Every single person in the world, including Peterman, know that Kaep is better.

The other side is Kaep worth the attention that follows? It’s like Tebow or Manziel in some ways. Where is the point where the juice is worth the squeeze? I argued 2 years ago that he belonged. At this point I think that his stance is way less controversial but am not sure that a guy out of the league that long is the same player? I think that he will get looks but just don’t think that someone will sign him. 

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If the NFL is trying to commit suicide it's going down the right path.

Looks to me like the scheming NFL wants Kaepernick to join as a NFL front office adviser so they can give him a forum for his cause. More importantly with a new forum he could stop the players from kneeling for the anthem since he would then be NFL management. Any new battle for disgusted fans who a few years ago left the NFL ticket purchasing, NFL game watching, and NFL merchandise boycotting don't go through the same protest. The NFL pissed off millions of patriotic fans and it cost them millions of dollars. Shrewd move.

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

God, this is dumb.  Please tell me this is an act and you don’t really think like this.  Drew Brees (hero!!!) went 7-9 2 straight seasons.  Those playoff Josh > Drew Brees.  This is right by this dumb logic.

Which other 11 win 24 loss qbs should we sign ? 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I don’t think that your talent evaluation skills are as good as you think they are. I bet you’re one of the guys that always posts how stupid a team is for taking a guy in a certain round when you had the player rated differently on “YOUR BOARD”. 

Where do you think CK should have been ranked based on 2016? BTW  I have never discussed a player being over or under drafted, though it is interesting you assume other people do as you do.

18 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Here is the list of marginal QBs who took 3 years off and came back to be a successful starter:

JJ, now that was funny.  Thanks for injecting common sense and I’ll add his last two years, 3-16.  11-24 if you add the year before.  Kaep don’t go away mad, just go away.  Now that doesn’t mean I’m happy he’s speaking out and peacefully protesting social injustices.  It has nothing at all to do with it.  He just sucks as a QB, and yes, I’ll take Barkley or Fromm over him, and I don’t even know how good Fromm can be once he works on his lower body mechanics.  Not wanting Kaep has nothing to do other than bad football play.

6 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Which other 11 win 24 loss qbs should we sign ? 

Phil Rivers, who has lost 11,12, and 11 games and just signed to be a starter.  It’s almost like football is the ultimate team game!

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

JJ, now that was funny.  Thanks for injecting common sense and I’ll add his last two years, 3-16.  11-24 if you add the year before.  Kaep don’t go away mad, just go away.  Now that doesn’t mean I’m happy he’s speaking out and peacefully protesting social injustices.  It has nothing at all to do with it.  He just sucks as a QB, and yes, I’ll take Barkley or Fromm over him, and I don’t even know how good Fromm can be once he works on his lower body mechanics.  Not wanting Kaep has nothing to do other than bad football play.

Yeah, this is stupid.  Facts not feelings!!!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarkMa00.htm

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Oh no. Dumb snowflakes who refuse to understand what the protest is about will cry and not watch.  The same snowflakes who have cheered woman beaters, guys who threaten to shoot up a funeral home and beat up their grandma (bring back RI, he’s misunderstood!!!), etc.  

Guess what if you don’t watch?  No one cares.  The NFL will still print money and those people will be losing out because the idea of racial equality bothers them.  Pathetic.  

the other day you told me that the words, "woke" and "snowflake" were over used and dumb.  i think you've used the term, "snowflake" multiple times since then.  figure it out bro.

edit:  this was the exact quote from you...

"and dude, when are people going to grow and stop using corny terms like “woke” (it’s woke to want people to have equal rights apparently.  What’s the opposite of that called) or snowflakes (people who use that term are the biggest snowflakes). "

so...are you the biggest snowflake?  

•  
Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If the NFL is trying to commit suicide it's going down the right path.

I think you’re confused, the league by siding with the national sentiment on this issue has already told the racist fans to go pound sand. Demographics show that the real money is with the near seventy percent of Americans that they have sided with. Although late in coming the league is now on the right side of history, and has done the right thing. 

8 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Why does Goodell have to open the door. If he was putting up Patrick Mahomes numbers he would be on a team right now even with all the kneeling stuff.

He put better passing numbers with absolute garbage than Josh Allen did.  I do find it interesting what the reaction if Mahomes did this.  Honestly, it would be similar.  All these “patriots” got fired up by a creature that did everything he could to get out of serving the country.   

the funniest thing is he did this for a couple of games before it became a deal.  Then he talked to a marine (you know a real patriot) and went to a knee because it was more respectful.  CK has contributed a lot more to this country in charity work than a lot of the “patriots” who criticize him who best life accomplishment is they happen to be born in America instead of another country.  

CK is far from perfect but if the NFL handled this right in the first place, this issue would probably be over.  And save the garbage that he isn’t good enough when you got scrubs like Barkley, Peterman, Drew Stanton, Jeff drieskel, etc on nfl rosters.  

11 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I think you’re confused, the league by siding with the national sentiment on this issue has already told the racist fans to go pound sand. Demographics show that the real money is with the near seventy percent of Americans that they have sided with. Although late in coming the league is now on the right side of history, and has done the right thing. 

Oh no!!! The NFL will lose it’s racist fanbase!!!

31 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Actually Brees had 3 straight 7 win seasons.  During that period, he averaged over 5000 yards, and 34 TDs.   Prior to that stretch, he had another 7-9 season where he put up 5177 yards and 43 TDs.  And had already won a SB.

Not sure what your logic was trying to achieve comparing Kaepernick's sputtering career to Brees's team's record while he was tearing up the NFL.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He put better passing numbers with absolute garbage than Josh Allen did.  I do find it interesting what the reaction if Mahomes did this.  Honestly, it would be similar.  All these “patriots” got fired up by a creature that did everything he could to get out of serving the country.   

the funniest thing is he did this for a couple of games before it became a deal.  Then he talked to a marine (you know a real patriot) and went to a knee because it was more respectful.  CK has contributed a lot more to this country in charity work than a lot of the “patriots” who criticize him who best life accomplishment is they happen to be born in America instead of another country.  

CK is far from perfect but if the NFL handled this right in the first place, this issue would probably be over.  And save the garbage that he isn’t good enough when you got scrubs like Barkley, Peterman, Drew Stanton, Jeff drieskel, etc on nfl rosters.  

Oh no!!! The NFL will lose it’s racist fanbase!!!

Such a shame right... 

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Actually, he would just sit on the bench and didn't kneel at all.

25 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

So is QB the only way to win games?  That 2-14 team under chip had the worst defense in the NFL.  Should that lay only on him?  

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Actually Brees had 3 straight 7 win seasons.  During that period, he averaged over 5000 yards, and 34 TDs.   Prior to that stretch, he had another 7-9 season where he put up 5177 yards and 43 TDs.  And had already won a SB.

Not sure what your logic was trying to achieve comparing Kaepernick's sputtering career to Brees's team's record while he was tearing up the NFL.

I think the logic is that, its hard to win games with the worst defense in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Will Kaepernick agree to “compete” for a job or will he want a job handed to him? That seems to be the question. If he wants to compete for a job, that’s great. I hope he makes a comeback. But a team can’t just sign him based on societal pressure. That weakens his original message. 

I agree 100%.

I also think that Kaepernick can be most effective in the front office, which is what I hope he ends up doing.