Goodell opens door for Kaepernick return. How will this end? Take your bets!

How will this resolve?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen with Kaepernick and the NFL?

• A team will sign him (name the team)
    • He'll join the NFL front office
    • Kaepernick will remain out of the NFL entirely

38 minutes ago, Putin said:

Kaep was a 3rd QB on a depth chart when he decided to LEAVE the 49ers , I can’t even remember the names of the two QB’s that were ahead of him , 

The guy SUCKS if not for the killing of George Floyd we wouldn’t be talking about him 

I mean - the Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly 49ers reigns were really short.  Joe Staley was the only remotely talented offensive lineman, and it seemed like everyone on the offense outside of Boldin was banged up. 

In 2016 his numbers weren't terrible with WRs led by Kerley and (checks notes...) patton...  They couldn't stop anyone.  They were actually undefeated if their opponent scored fewer than 21 points... 

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, nucci said:

He didn't decide to leave. 49ers told him he was going to be released so he opted out. Not sure how well he can play after missing so many years but he didn't suck when he played. Do you really think he's not as good or better than Barkley, Glennon, Hoyer.....

Would he accept the backup role and 3 million a year salary? 
Would he be better for J Allen’s development then Barely? 
I wish someone would give him a shot he makes the team if he does  GREAT , if NOT then it’s time to put this discussion to bed , 

Just like Steven A said  > he doesn’t even want to play if he did he wouldn’t pull that stint that he did by changing the location 
at the last minute during the invite to his workout 

Edited by Putin

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Will Kaepernick agree to “compete” for a job or will he want a job handed to him? That seems to be the question. If he wants to compete for a job, that’s great. I hope he makes a comeback. But a team can’t just sign him based on societal pressure. That weakens his original message. 

That may have been a question four years ago or whenever he last played. A bit of one anyway.

It's not now. He'll have to compete. He'll be aware of that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If the NFL is trying to commit suicide it's going down the right path.

Oh no. Dumb snowflakes who refuse to understand what the protest is about will cry and not watch.  The same snowflakes who have cheered woman beaters, guys who threaten to shoot up a funeral home and beat up their grandma (bring back RI, he’s misunderstood!!!), etc.  

Guess what if you don’t watch?  No one cares.  The NFL will still print money and those people will be losing out because the idea of racial equality bothers them.  Pathetic.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The leagues apologizes are frankly a day late and a dollar short as it were. The owners ganged up on him ended his career, and kicked him while he was down. It was an act of blatant racism. 

If he plays again of his and some teams choice it will be bitter sweet at best, joining the league office may be more likely than playing, I certainly don’t know what he wants as a human being. I think he likely has mixed feelings about a return. 

The NFL botched this not only morally, but as a business.

They proved they couldn't predict a rainstorm in a hurricane. They could have EASILY had the nuts to just get behind Kaep to begin with, do a BLM month like with cancer and all the other causes, and just have a little backbone in standing up to the loud racists, including Trump. 

Did the NFL think the issue would go away? Did the NFL think their blacklisting Kaep and turning him into a martyr was going to make him less influential? 

You know what I mean? Like even separate from the fact that, on a human being level, the NFL behaved monstrously.... just in terms of having confidence in their ability to predict the future or read the market, this was a MASSIVE failure. 

Kaep would be well within his right to tell them to go screw. But I just don't think that's his character.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Oh no. Dumb snowflakes who refuse to understand what the protest is about will cry and not watch.  The same snowflakes who have cheered woman beaters, guys who threaten to shoot up a funeral home and beat up their grandma (bring back RI, he’s misunderstood!!!), etc.  

Guess what if you don’t watch?  No one cares.  The NFL will still print money and those people will be losing out because the idea of racial equality bothers them.  Pathetic.  

yeah, the big act of defiance will be to not watch the preseason games they wouldn't have watched anyway.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Dude lost his job to Blaine Gabbert. 

Who cares.  

So dumb and full of lies.  He completely outplayed Gabbert and had better passing numbers than Josh Allen had last year with his top receiviers being Jeremy Kerley and Quinton Patton. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

How many games did you watch of his last season? He would not have started for at least 25 teams and that includes Buffalo. He is at the same level as those guys you listed but in 2018 wanted more money then them, so he is the odd man out 

I don’t think that your talent evaluation skills are as good as you think they are. I bet you’re one of the guys that always posts how stupid a team is for taking a guy in a certain round when you had the player rated differently on “YOUR BOARD”. 

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

That may have been a question four years ago or whenever he last played. A bit of one anyway.

It's not now. He'll have to compete. He'll be aware of that.

Yeah, it’s really not that hard.  If he plays and he’s not good enough, he won’t make a roster.  But when you have a scrub (nice guy but bad qb) like Matt Barkley as a nfl backup, it’s complete BS to say Kaepernick isn’t a nfl qb. 

11 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I mean - the Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly 49ers reigns were really short.  Joe Staley was the only remotely talented offensive lineman, and it seemed like everyone on the offense outside of Boldin was banged up. 

In 2016 his numbers weren't terrible with WRs led by Kerley and (checks notes...) patton...  They couldn't stop anyone.  They were actually undefeated if their opponent scored fewer than 21 points... 

they were better than Josh Allen’s this year and everyone here thinks he will be a star.  Yet, CK apparently isn’t a nfl qb.  Makes a ton of sense. 

I still can't get over Nate Peterman's career and Colin Kaepernick's, just looking at those two careers in juxtaposition is...  

20 years from now, somebody is going to write a book about Black Lives Matter and the Civil Rights riots of the 2010-20s, and use them as a case study for like... everything. Their careers need to be looked at by the Supreme Court or something. I'm just saying. There's a lot of material there in looking at how the NFL treated these two players over the same amount of time.

There's at LEAST a 30 for 30 there.

Edited by GregPersons
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

I still can't get over Nate Peterman's career and Colin Kaepernick's, just looking at those two careers in juxtaposition is...  

20 years from now, somebody is going to write a book about Black Lives Matter and the Civil Rights riots of the 2010-20s, and use them as a case study for like... everything. Their careers need to be looked at by the Supreme Court or something. I'm just saying. There's a lot of material there in looking at how the NFL treated these two players over the same amount of time.

There's at LEAST a 30 for 30 there.

Peterman loves Jesus.  That’s what matters. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, it’s really not that hard.  If he plays and he’s not good enough, he won’t make a roster.  But when you have a scrub (nice guy but bad qb) like Matt Barkley as a nfl backup, it’s complete BS to say Kaepernick isn’t a nfl qb. 

Backup QBs are there for 2 purposes though.  They're a mentor/extra voice in the QB room.  I don't see Kaepernick bringing that level of value.  You bring him in as a 2, but also as competition no matter what.  

Teams that could use a backup plan - Carolina, Chicago, Washington (wouldn't that be hilarious?), Denver, Jax, zona, Cincy.  Several teams relying on 2nd year guys to make a big jump with no real fall back option.  Then you have the teams with Foles/Bridgewater where I'm not sure what the plan really is. 

I'd say his best landing spot would be arizona.  If Murray were to go down, he'd have hopkins/drake and a younger coach who might skew the gameplan a bit towards his strengths.  

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So dumb and full of lies.  He completely outplayed Gabbert and had better passing numbers than Josh Allen had last year with his top receiviers being Jeremy Kerley and Quinton Patton. 

Cool.   Pretend he’s still good lmao ??

Let’s rewrite history.   He didn’t get benched for Blaine wink wink ? 

Edited by Teddy KGB

1 hour ago, GregPersons said:

Momentum is building toward Kaepernick returning to the NFL.  Roger Goodell has officially encouraged NFL teams to sign Kaep, and also offered him an open-ended invitation to join the NFL league's office to fight racial injustice.

What an opportunity to test our TSW prognosticators. Here's a story that's headed toward some type of ending and new beginning. What do you think will happen? Or what should happen? 

Here's what I think should happen. Kaepernick would be a perfect fit for the LA Chargers.

Why? 

—Chargers need a reason for people to care about them. They are easily Los Angeles most forgettable team.

—LA is a very pro-Kaepernick city, as opposed to say, Nashville or Buffalo or Jacksonville

—The new stadium in Inglewood would absolutely sell more tickets with Kaepernick playing, just on principle he would receive support, even if they go 0-16

—For as much as the Spanos family are garbage, they owe the NFL for helping them get such a prime relocation after failing to get a new San Diego stadium... they would owe it to the NFL to take "the risk" of signing Kaep. 

Despite a certain moderator with a Christmas Story avatar mocking this suggestion in the "Kaep to NE" thread, apparently I'm not the only one to think the Chargers make sense for Kaep -- https://boltbeat.com/2020/06/15/la-chargers-colin-kaepernick-flier/

Anyway. What do you think will happen? 

I voted 1 (yes) an agree with your take on LAChargers! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Peterman loves Jesus.  That’s what matters. 

He definitely let Jesus take the wheel on all of his passes. I'm not sure he made a single attempt with his eyes open. 

Just now, LabattBlue said:

He jerked scouts around last year by moving his “workout” to another site cross town.  Any bridges he hadn’t burned before that, were pretty much blown up. 

Nah dude you gotta look into that story again, it was the other way around on who was doing the jerking.

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

He jerked scouts around last year by moving his “workout” to another site cross town.  Any bridges he hadn’t burned before that, were pretty much blown up. 

actually the league changed the parameters last minute

2 minutes ago, BuffaLoko said:

I voted 1 (yes) an agree with your take on LAChargers! 

I honestly see it as a no-lose situation for the Chargers...  I live in the region, commutable distance from the new stadium. I honestly can't imagine ever wanting to see a Chargers game, maybe a Rams game but the Chargers? Unless the Bills were playing them, or the tickets were free... 

BUT honestly with Kaepernick, that storyline is just way too good. I would immediately be more interested in the Chargers over the Rams as my "number two" team... because, with someone big like Kaep, combined with a lot of the ex-Bills -- Lynn, Tyrod -- also the Chargers GM is from Buffalo. 

It just seems like a no brainer, imo. It's also his best chance at a starting job. AFC West is a tough division but wildcard would certainly be possible for Chargers, if they can get good QB play. 

And as I've said before, Tyrod is on my good list forever. Same with Fitzy. They did no wrong to me, imo. They weren't perfect but that's fine, they played their hearts out and they earned the love. That's what I like seeing from Bills fans isn't pettiness but more of like a pan-Buffalo love, lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Cool.   Pretend he’s still good lmao ??

Let’s rewrite history.   He didn’t get benched for Blaine wink wink ? 

So if he isn’t good (and I’m not really even arguing how good he is but rather he is a nfl qb), what do you call a guy with worse passing numbers with better weapons than him?