If the Season Is Canceled, What Will the 2021 Draft Look Like?

Gugny

On 6/21/2020 at 10:56 AM, BringBackFergy said:

I believe others suggested “They will use last year’s draft order”. Please tell me where we picked in the first round of last year’s draft?  The answer is NADA. 

That's disingenuous. We had a pick and traded it. We would pick 22 in this scenario. Come on, you know that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

That's disingenuous. We had a pick and traded it. We would pick 22 in this scenario. Come on, you know that.

You can’t have your cake and eat it too IMO. Beane skipped the first round last year. I just hope he understands the ramifications as he should have anticipated this type of thing from happening. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/20/2020 at 6:46 AM, BringBackFergy said:

Oh great. So we lose another first round pick. If we use last year’s draft order, Minnesota gets our pick at 23 and we don’t pick until the second round. I’m not in favor of this at all. 

That makes no sense. Its an easy concept, why make it difficult?

On 6/18/2020 at 7:20 PM, DJB said:

My suggestion would be to take the avg draft position for each team over the past 3 years to determine the order. 

I like this if necessary 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I don’t process info as quick as you (obviously) but if you look at draft order from last year it’s clearly a problem Beane should have thought about. Why defer pick until Round 2 when it may come back to bite you the next year? He never even considered the possibility of this type of thing from happening. Call it growing pains if you want...the jury is out. 

53 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I like this if necessary 

Because its not right.  If you land one of top 5 picks you should have to give up future compensation. 

On 6/22/2020 at 7:04 PM, JaCrispy said:

Straight up lottery for all 32 teams, baby (except the teams that traded them away, of course)...

Give every team an equal shot at #1...

Id hate that so much and that’s honestly probably what they would do. 

I feel like it’s fine from 6-32, but teams should have to give up future draft capital to get into top 5 in that format. 

10 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

Id hate that so much and that’s honestly probably what they would do. 

I feel like it’s fine from 6-32, but teams should have to give up future draft capital to get into top 5 in that format. 

I agree, but that said I really think New England is tanking for Trevor. If anyone could be more blatant about it (other than Tim Murray) it's Bill. This would be a great chance to foil that. 

On 6/22/2020 at 12:36 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Thank you.

He said 2021. We traded a 2020 first round pick. See the difference?

On 6/22/2020 at 6:11 PM, BringBackFergy said:

I don’t process info as quick as you (obviously) but if you look at draft order from last year it’s clearly a problem Beane should have thought about. Why defer pick until Round 2 when it may come back to bite you the next year? He never even considered the possibility of this type of thing from happening. Call it growing pains if you want...the jury is out. 

You are reaching, big time. 

On 6/22/2020 at 6:11 PM, BringBackFergy said:

giphy.gif 

On 6/22/2020 at 5:11 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Agreed. 100%.

• Thank you (+1) 1