If the Season Is Canceled, What Will the 2021 Draft Look Like?

Gugny

On 6/15/2020 at 5:55 PM, Gugny said:

I haven't seen anything written on this topic since April.  It's a real possibility that there may not be a season ... in the NFL or in College.

Lots of variables.  What's the draft order?  Do college seniors get another year of eligibility?

From what I've researched, this situation has not been accounted for (not faulting anyone).  Just wondering if anyone has any intel on how this will work.

My guess: it will be a lottery and the Pats will choose first overall and select Trevor Lawrence who will have a hall of fame career.

On 6/15/2020 at 8:03 PM, Muppy said:

wow this is a relevant topic to be discussing my head hurts no offense to the OP but ......BOOOOOOOOOOOO........just voicing my frustration and bummed out feeling that we may not have football this  year...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :-(((((((((((((

Thank you for that mature stream of consciousness, Muffy.

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Thank you for that mature stream of consciousness, Muffy.

MUFFY???? lol :slappy: th?id=OIP.PzEIY6WvDBj7vuJE_QVhOAAAAA&pid........oh well the world is going batchitt crazy and Im burned for Booing on a message board...I never got the memo its the 100% serious 100% of the time message board shame on me Jauronimoooooooo lol @-@

in so serious fashion YOURE WELCOME ..TCK.

Edited by Muppy

2 hours ago, major said:

Have you heard of any training camps opening up? I haven’t. I know they start in July but I’ve heard little to nothing from most teams. But I also don’t watch the news as much anymore 

No NFL training camps are open yet. Summer workouts not working so well at the college level.

BB0vzOK.jpg

1 hour ago, QCity said:

No NFL training camps are open yet. Summer workouts not working so well at the college level.

BB0vzOK.jpg

Ain’t no way college football was happening before this. I think nfl will try to play, but college is a no go

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

The difference is those countries got the virus under control. We have pockets of control here but we are seeing spikes all over the country. We may not have a second wave if the first doesnt end

Fair. But reputationally I doubt the NFL looks at those other sports leagues playing and accepts not playing itself.

Lottery system for all 32 teams and then a snake draft format would be the most fair way to do it.  Every team goes into next year's offseason with around 15 to 20 drafted rookies over a two year stretch would just be crazy.  We need to have a season.

On 6/15/2020 at 6:55 PM, Gugny said:

I haven't seen anything written on this topic since April.  It's a real possibility that there may not be a season ... in the NFL or in College.

Lots of variables.  What's the draft order?  Do college seniors get another year of eligibility?

From what I've researched, this situation has not been accounted for (not faulting anyone).  Just wondering if anyone has any intel on how this will work.

Yer a Gotdam Rabble Rouser! I HATE Rabble Rousers! Summuma..!

BD15673B-C2F2-4D61-B5FC-97C39D2F4DD8.jpeg

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yer a Gotdam Rabble Rouser! I HATE Rabble Rousers! Summuma..!

Every day that goes by, it looks like not having a season is becoming more of a possibility.

I never thought of this...I always assumed there would be a season almost for sure.

First of all, I still think there will be a season. Even if they have to shorten it AND push it back.  Shorten the season to 10 games, and play the Superbowl in March if you have to...that would give them a lot more time to work things out.

As far as the draft, I would personally want a weighted lottery, with some restrictions to keep it fair in my mind.  Slightly weighted (Cincy has a 10% chance at top pick)...but no team can move more than 12 spots up or down. Worst case scenario for Cincy is they pick 12th...best case for KS is they pick 21st.  Buffalo would be able to pick anywhere from 10th to 32nd in this case.

Interesting topic. I am going to guess there would have to be a raffle and the Patriots would be in there 32 times while everyone else is in their once. On a serious note, I would guess a raffle. Its the only fair thing to do in the NFL. College players would be given the option to go in the draft or stay another year.