Bills wrap up draft pics. Signed sealed and delivered. Moss has officially signed.

2 hours ago, eball said:

If you’re really interested in the answer, it’s because 3rd round picks have more flexibility than the picks in any other rounds.  It’s strange, but that’s why there was a delay; there is actual negotiating that goes on for the 3rd rounders while everything else is pretty much slotted.

Thanks eball.  I didn’t realize there was much wiggle room in the 3rd and appreciate the info.  Point taken.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

@Ridgewaycynic2013has been crunching the numbers and should be able to chime in momentarily ;). My guess is NE will somehow benefit though! 

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Ridgewaycynic2013's Magic 8 Ball broke!  ?

In light of my unacceptable prognosticatory performance, the league has awarded the New England Patriots an additional compensatory draft pick.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Bangarang said:

That's the entire draft class signed right?

Yes.  Around the league signing draft picks has been slower this year than last, and a number of teams still are not done.  Yay Buffalo!

I have a good buddy who knows this contract stuff in and out. These are quotes from him re: Mosses' contract #Bumbles247. the second quote is regarding why it took so long. 

His $914,000 signing bonus is guaranteed. And his salary for this year ($610,000), though not guaranteed if he's cut, will still be guaranteed for this season plus a percentage of next season's salary (most likely half, or, another $400,000) if an injury this year keeps him out next year. That's all part of the CBA and adds up to around $1.92 mil if he gets injured, or $.914 mil if we cut him. I don't think that's too bad for a later 3rd round pick.

But they have to argue about how much of that they get as a signing bonus and how much of it will be totally guaranteed, or guaranteed against injury but not for skill, or guaranteed with offset language that will be refunded if he's cut but then signs elsewhere, etc.

Still it's not a big deal, except to say we're one of only two teams with all their picks signed. In fact half the teams don't have any of their picks signed yet.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Muppy said:

I have a good buddy who knows this contract stuff in and out. These are quotes from him re: Mosses' contract #Bumbles247. the second quote is regarding why it took so long. 

Another Muppy sighting!

Good to see you 'round these parts. :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Another Muppy sighting!

Good to see you 'round these parts. :)

Thanks Logic theres a few of we expats from the bbmb still kicking around great to read YOU as always 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Muppy said:

Thanks Logic theres a few of we expats from the bbmb still kicking around great to read YOU as always 

Muppy - is Bumbles posting anywhere?  Is he here but just not posting?  I miss having him lop my head off every once in a while. 

7 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Muppy - is Bumbles posting anywhere?  Is he here but just not posting?  I miss having him lop my head off every once in a while. 

hey Shaw he surfaces from time to time at billievers chat. Guys is the best capologist  I know. Good to read YOU here too btw. I dont think Bumbles posts often but I'll pass on your regards and invite him to 2BD

18 hours ago, Rubes said:

Bills only the second team to sign all draft picks this year (the Pats**** are the other).

Half of all teams haven't even signed a single draft pick yet.

Cool.  Like they really have a choice up in cap strapped NE**

Est. Cap Space (Top 51):$1,853,479.00 

:lol:

18 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Wax on wax off...

Ying and Yang.  

One Good, one Bad 

:lol:

#bumbles247

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-...ck-moss-47681/

Current Contract

Zack Moss signed a 4 year, $4,612,316 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $914,417 signing bonus, $914,417 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,153,079. In 2020, Moss will earn a base salary of $610,000 and a signing bonus of $914,417, while carrying a cap hit of $838,604 and a dead cap value of $914,416.

CONTRACT TERMS:
4 yr(s) / $4,612,316
SIGNING BONUS
$914,417
AVERAGE SALARY
$1,153,079
GTD AT SIGN:
$914,417
TOTAL GTD:
$914,417
FREE AGENT:
2024 / UFA
  BONUS BREAKDOWN CAP DETAILS CASH DETAILS  
YEAR   AGE BASE SALARY SIGNING CAP HIT DEAD CAP YEARLY CASH  
2021 buffalo.png 23 $819,650 $228,604 $1,048,254 $685,812 $819,650($2,344,067)
2022 buffalo.png 24 $1,029,300 $228,604 $1,257,904 $457,208 $1,029,300($3,373,367)
2023 buffalo.png 25 $1,238,950 $228,604 $1,467,554 $228,604 $1,238,950($4,612,317)

[/COLOR]
The extra million - which is around $250,000 per year extra - I assume is because of the new CBA that raised minimum salaries accross the board for young players. Most of this year's 3rd rounders aren't signed yet, but the 87th pick, Anfernee Jennings, also got about a million more than last year's 87th pick ($3.631 mil/$4.596 mil). And looking at the others who are signed that seems to be the way it is all the way through-

2019 player #90 - $3.618 mil/ 2020 player #90 - $4.484 mil
2020 player #91 - #3.607 mil/ 2020 player #91 - $4.582 mil

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

No...it’s actually refreshing to hear news that doesn’t have to do with covid or rioting or police shootings...?

Seems like a stretch.. but if the inevitable signing of a 3rd round pick brings you some joy, then great I guess.

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Why would it be sarcasm? 

Because it was inevitable, and honestly I'd consider this more of a team update than 'news'... consider the magnitude of the two things being compared I guess.

22 hours ago, Rubes said:

Bills only the second team to sign all draft picks this year (the Pats**** are the other).

Half of all teams haven't even signed a single draft pick yet.

WOW. I wasnt aware of that. I never for one second was worried about Moss, but man those people who were, I bet, would feel quite silly if they knew that stat.