Texans and Cowboys players test positive

Cal

1 hour ago, Cal said:

If a player tests positive before a game as an example. Will they be able to play?

Lot of things I want to know how they deal with...

As you said, what if a team shows up at the stadium, and the morning of the game 4 of the 5 starting OL test positive?

If the Bills play the Jets and the day after the game you find out a bunch of Jets players tested positive, do the Bills or Jets opponents not want to play them?

Players agree to play, but what happens when/if a few players get the virus and they do get really sick? Do some teammates see that and have second thoughts and back out? or pressure the union to make changes?

Lots of coaches and I'm sure trainers aren't as young or in shape as the players, yet they have contact with them everyday. Sure, the players may in general be in good shape, but how about the coaches?

Speaking of the players, these days they all have their diet and overall health monitored. Yet, we know there are some players (OL and DL) that aren't in the best of shape due to their weight. Are they more prone to get it..and if they do get it..is it likely to impact them in a more severe way?

Finally how about the players families?  Sure, they might be in good health, but what about when they go home at the end of the day to visit their wives, kids, maybe parents? If I'm a member of the Bills and playing the Dolphins on Sunday...and I hear the virus just went around the Phins locker room..do I want to take a chance and see if I get it and then come home to my 2 or 3 kids, maybe an infant?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This should be directed at his agent

Agreed. BUT, every facet of our economy is currently one big HIPAA violation. Schools, real estate showings, going back to work, etc. all require workers to answer three or four questions (Have you come in contact with any COVID patient in the last 14 days? Have you felt sick with fever or cough in last 14 days? etc). Zeke might want to see how all of us have our medical histories on the table right now.

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Oh the panic, absolute panic.

SO THEY HAVE IT?  They are world class athletes with world class medical facilities, the NFL wont have any shortage of tests for it, most of them will get the virus and barely feel any symptoms.  Now they have to have at least an 85 IQ not to to visit the in firmed,  old folks and nursing homes while during infectious stages.

Old folks like Andy Reid, Bill Belichick, Bruce Arians, and Pete Caroll?  

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Oh the panic, absolute panic.

SO THEY HAVE IT?  They are world class athletes with world class medical facilities, the NFL wont have any shortage of tests for it, most of them will get the virus and barely feel any symptoms.  Now they have to have at least an 85 IQ not to to visit the in firmed,  old folks and nursing homes while during infectious stages.

Bad response.

As per what I said in a previous post.....

You say "SO THEY HAVE IT?"  like its nothing? what about the families they live with...infant kids...parents or grandparents they may have close contact with?  Not to mention coaches they interact with that aren't currently world class athletes...and the family members of those coaches and staff and trainers?    There is a LOT more to playing the game than simply saying...so what, they are world class athletes.

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

That is what is virus is all about.  It's not a coordinated "conspiracy". but just people taking advantage of a bad situation to get what they want.

just a fun little side benefit!

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Bad response.

You say "SO THEY HAVE IT?"  like its nothing? what about the families they live with...infant kids...parents or grandparents they may have close contact with?  Not to mention coaches they interact with that aren't currently world class athletes...and the family members of those coaches and staff and trainers?    There is a LOT more to playing the game than simply saying...so what, they are world class athletes.

So for a lot of these guys it like "nothing".  As I wROte in my response they have to have aboVe an 85 IQ and be careful who they interact with.  

Thy dont want to adapt and take precautions, they dont want the risk, then dont play this year/

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Pardon my French, but to Hell with your opinion. 

Simply put, Players ARE going to get the virus. Most likely some of us too. They’re young & in great physical condition while being afforded the very best medical capabilities. The vast majority of people who’ve contracted the disease are not only fine within a month, they’re then immune.

”PLAY BALL!”!

I live in a Cave with an ashtray & a widescreen TV so it won't be me...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, 123719bwiqrb said:

It's a Monday, this is the "throw the poop against the wall" phase of the week to see what sticks.

3 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

So, are we back to COVID for our latest outrage outlet?

Its a message forum, ins't discussion like this what it is all about? Especially when this is a topic directly relating to the near future of the very sport this forum is about..

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Bad response.

I honestly am not sure how the NFL will want to handle this. If players are tested positive even if a-symptomatic or not feeling sick they will need to be quarantined so as to not infect others. The risk reward ratio is what the NFL will need to decide and I doubt they will want to take on undue liability. So as is usually the case with the NFL it will become a monetary based decision as to what will allow them suffer the least risk of financial loss due to factors on both sides. That's what I think anyway. They cannot possibly agree to let non quarantined players whom have tested positive on the field. Can they? Would they?

What about the NBA Covid epidemic that was started by Rudy Godert & Donovan Mitchell?   They were fully contagious in February & March when the games were in full swing.

3 minutes ago, Muppy said:

I honestly am not sure how the NFL will want to handle this. If players are tested positive even if a-symptomatic or not feeling sick they will need to be quarantined so as to not infect others. The risk reward ratio is what the NFL will need to decide and I doubt they will want to take on undue liability. So as is usually the case with the NFL it will become a monetary based decision as to what will allow them suffer the least risk of financial loss due to factors on both sides. That's what I think anyway. They cannot possibly agree to let non quarantined players whom have tested positive on the field. Can they? Would they?

It is going to make placing bets on games interesting......what if the day of a game you have no idea who will be allowed to play and not?  Not to mention how much stress this will cause those filling out their fantasy lineups a couple days in advance.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

No, they are out 2 weeks, which has been my stance all along that the season is not starting till a vaccine is here.  Let's hope those Sept estimates that are out there for vaccines are doable.

Oh yes those September vaccines are definitely on their way. I hear that delivery will be by unicorns travelling over rainbows

Rainbows and Unicorns - Unicorns Rule!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cal said:

Per NFL.com

Need to call off the 2020 season imo. You can't socially distance in a team sport like football. Its inevitable that players will continue to test positive.

Then you might as well call off football til there’s a cure...could be next year, or 5-10 years from now...can’t take the chance...

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Pardon my French, but to Hell with your opinion. 

Simply put, Players ARE going to get the virus. Most likely some of us too. They’re young & in great physical condition while being afforded the very best medical capabilities. The vast majority of people who’ve contracted the disease are not only fine within a month, they’re then immune.

”PLAY BALL!”!

There is no specific treatment for this virus, so the medical facilities will provide supportive care, just like for anyone else. 

There is no agreement yet on immunity after having had the virus or being antibody positive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

It is going to make placing bets on games interesting......what if the day of a game you have no idea who will be allowed to play and not?  Not to mention how much stress this will cause those filling out their fantasy lineups a couple days in advance.

haha yep there is definitely that variable too. I honestly am not sure how the NFL will react to these players being covid-19 positive. I would think to safeguard themselves there would need to be a vaccine or players test anti-body positive. But are even the antibody tests reliable?  what a debacle