Texans and Cowboys players test positive

Cal

4 hours ago, Reneth Gilne said:

In other news a car got in a car accident...no one was hurt....need to cancel driving nationwide.

Also the regular flu caused someone to sneeze, need to cancel all outdoor activities including breathing.

Also someone posted something assinine....need to close the forum for the year. 

Just totally rediculous.   Thanks

Totally...

You should consider stopping at 11 posts.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Nelius said:

This thread is crazy. It's a "novel" coronavirus for a reason, as you can tell by the breadth of responses here. There's still a tremendous amount of questions which is why there will be no normal any time soon. At best I'm hoping for some kind of truncated season in a bubble, and I'm convinced that there's no way any of us will be attending a major sporting event live for at least the rest of 2020.

Genuinely curious if there's any truth to the immunity part? I've heard otherwise but have been taking a bit of a media break lately so may have missed an update. Awesome if true, but if not, then this is exactly the kind of serious confusion that I'm talking about.

I'll once again, generally refer folks to the covid threads in OTW for discussion though we could use a better "Immunity" post.  I'll respond to this over there.

Edit: here ya go, and if you wish to discuss, please respect to use the OTW discussion thread.  If you have questions, ask and I'll revise the post to clarify.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

You share the doomsday theory many others do. There certainly could be truth in your assessment (it’s been 90 some odd years since the last one). Because the NFL is currently going full steam ahead for a full 2000 campaign, that’s the only truth we know today.

Until/unless something changes, onward we go with the best laid plans & precautions.

I assume you mean 2020, not 2000?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I assume you mean 2020, not 2000?

.....or......is the NFL Network just charging ahead with replays of the 2000 season and we are all just supposed to pretend? 

I like our 2020 chances better, assuming, of course, we actually play. In 2000 the Pats* came in last in the AFCE, so that part is fine! 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

So, should the season be cancelled because a few coaches are overweight and older? 

By that logic, 2500 players, i am guessing 5X in coaching in direct administrative roles etc so , plus all the TV personnel, plus all the folks in advertising, plus all the countless 1000s other people affected by a shutdown ...they should all lose their livelihood instead of the high risk people staying home.

The good of the 100's is more important than the good of millions?

People like to keep saying this

What you seem to have skated by (it has been pointed out, up thread), is that

1) the high risk people - the people who have comorbid conditions identified as risk factors for more serious covid-19 disease/hospitalization - may include half of us.  Hypertension, obesity, diabetes, heart disease - the identified risk factors - affect roughly 50% of the American population, and certainly some of these affect NFL staff including coaches.  It probably includes a significant number of players since some of them are known to have diabetes (well controlled I assume), statistically some are likely to have high blood pressure (hopefully well controlled), and DL and OLmen are encouraged to "block a lot of daylight" and thus may be obese in terms of weight and body fat % - fit and amazingly athletic, but obese.

2) how exactly does this "high risk people stay home" thing work?  Obviously they can not attend sporting events as those are optional, but what about the rest of life?  Don't answer here, but please consider answering in the Covid discussion thread on OTW.  How do these high risk people obtain groceries, medical care, money (if they need to work), personal care if they need assistance with "activities of daily living" or even just with driving and cleaning the house?  I think all these things can be addressed and solved, but so far I don't see a plan, just empty instruction "stay home" without how that's made possible.

On 6/15/2020 at 1:29 PM, NewEra said:

What happens when you have 10–15 players on a team with the virus?  What happens when your top 2 QBs get the virus?  At that point it’s not even legit football and the eventual champion is most likely the team that has the least cases.  

It’s gonna be waste of time imo.  I don’t blame them for trying, I just think it’s inevitable that the season is cut short

So it will still be a test as to who is the best.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Dallas woman tests positive for coronavirus again.  Not sure if this was posted and I can’t wade through this marshland of fail to find out

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/health/dallas-woman-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-again/%3famp=true

Gotta love when the headline doesn't match the story

In McKee's case, her doctors believe that the virus simply went dormant after her first bout of illness, a theory backed by Dr. Benjamin Neuman, a virologist and the head of the biology department at Texas A&M University-Texarkana.

Neuman told Healthline that he believes a second positive test is not necessarily a reactivation of the virus but rather a resurgence.

21 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Good idea. It's all panic and hide... and when you don't they'll come out with a story about killer bees coming from another continent to kill us. 

Can't find it right now but Chris Hairston, former Buffalo Bill posted a great tweet the other day about returning to a better time, like when murder hornets were introduced a month or so ago. I think he deleted for whatever reason but I laughed anyway. World is simply crazy right now man, I can't even keep up.

Edited by Nelius