Texans and Cowboys players test positive

Cal

36 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Pardon my French, but to Hell with your opinion. 

Simply put, Players ARE going to get the virus. Most likely some of us too. They’re young & in great physical condition while being afforded the very best medical capabilities. The vast majority of people who’ve contracted the disease are not only fine within a month, they’re then immune.

”PLAY BALL!”!

I'm coming around to this thought process. I still take this VERY seriously, and don't go anywhere much. I wear a mask indoors. But we have to keep living our lives, safely.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It is inevitable that players will test positive. The college kids have as well as they return for workouts at school. They are quarantining anyone who tests positive. Not cancelling the season. 

The problem is: how do they handle quarantining players who test positive during the season, without severely handicapping the team if those are key players (like Zeke for the Cowboys)

15 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Can Ed Oliver be quarantined 14 days and serve a two game suspension at the same time? Sentences to run concurrent.

I Like The Way You Think

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The problem is: how do they handle quarantining players who test positive during the season, without severely handicapping the team if those are key players (like Zeke for the Cowboys)

Quarantine the whole league for two weeks and sanitize everything. ?

43 minutes ago, Logic said:

I remain pessimistic about a full season happening.

I stick with my position that the season will be started, but will not get the chance to finish.

Very likely, unless these young millionaires self quarantine, use masks when out in public etc, etc their is little chance the season even starts let alone finishes. A serious outbreak in only one team will very likely end the season. Its sucks for sure, and the damn virus is already spiking again in at least a dozen states, and that’s not counting the rest of the world.  This sh-t ain’t over by a long shot. 

Positive thoughts friends, with huge amount of responsible behavior and a giant portion of good luck we will see some football.  ? 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Pardon my French, but to Hell with your opinion. 

Simply put, Players ARE going to get the virus. Most likely some of us too. They’re young & in great physical condition while being afforded the very best medical capabilities. The vast majority of people who’ve contracted the disease are not only fine within a month, they’re then immune.

”PLAY BALL!”!

What happens when you have 10–15 players on a team with the virus?  What happens when your top 2 QBs get the virus?  At that point it’s not even legit football and the eventual champion is most likely the team that has the least cases.  

It’s gonna be waste of time imo.  I don’t blame them for trying, I just think it’s inevitable that the season is cut short

Edited by NewEra

7 minutes ago, dneveu said:

They should be able to afford said daily testing too.

It's not a question of "afford" per se.  Supplies of swabs, PPE, and test reagents are still limiting.

How many people are on an NFL team?  Not the team itself, all the trainers, coaches, staff, food service employees, cleaners, etc? 

1000?  500?

If it's 500 people x 32 teams, you're using 16,000 tests per day.  That's 3% of the tests per day in the country if we're doing 500,000 tests/day.

I'm OK with that as long as we're testing to support our vulnerable populations - seniors, aides and other caregivers - and people with a lot of exposure like first responders and HCW, as much as they want.  I'm not OK with that if there are still aides and long-term-care facilities that can't get adequate testing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Season over.

Just get to November 3rd, allow what everyone wants in the media and NWO to happen, so we can all move on with our lives.

That is what is virus is all about.  It's not a coordinated "conspiracy". but just people taking advantage of a bad situation to get what they want.

I want this NFL season to go off as normal because the Bills will be peaking, but I have to protect myself from this crap.  So I have been planning for no season in 2020, and if it goes off then bonus.

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

What happens when you have 10–15 players on a team with the virus?  What happens when your top 2 QBs get the virus?  At that point it’s not even legit football and the eventual champion is most likely the team that has the least cases.  

It’s gonna be waste of time imo.  I don’t blame them for trying, I just think it’s inevitable that the season is cut short

Oh the panic, absolute panic.

SO THEY HAVE IT?  They are world class athletes with world class medical facilities, the NFL wont have any shortage of tests for it, most of them will get the virus and barely feel any symptoms.  Now they have to have at least an 85 IQ not to to visit the in firmed,  old folks and nursing homes while during infectious stages.