Texans and Cowboys players test positive

Cal

Per NFL.com

Need to call off the 2020 season imo. You can't socially distance in a team sport like football. Its inevitable that players will continue to test positive.

• Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Cal said:

Need to call off the 2020 season imo. You can't socially distance in a team sport like football. Its inevitable that players will continue to test positive.

"None of the players are believed to have been in their team facilities and the Cowboys and Texans teams followed proper health protocols, Rapoport added." - https://www.nfl.com/news/multiple-cowboys-texans-players-have-tested-positive-for-covid-19

Not sure how this is related to the league. People across many different vocations have tested positive. 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 1

Pardon my French, but to Hell with your opinion. 

Simply put, Players ARE going to get the virus. Most likely some of us too. They’re young & in great physical condition while being afforded the very best medical capabilities. The vast majority of people who’ve contracted the disease are not only fine within a month, they’re then immune.

”PLAY BALL!”!

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It is inevitable that players will test positive. The college kids have as well as they return for workouts at school. They are quarantining anyone who tests positive. Not cancelling the season. 

If a player tests positive before a game as an example. Will they be able to play?

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I remain pessimistic about a full season happening.

I stick with my position that the season will be started, but will not get the chance to finish.

Prolly will be called just as our kicker lines up for a redemptive 47 yard game winner with time expiring in the SB...?

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Simply put, Players ARE going to get the virus. Most likely some of us too. They’re young & in great physical condition while being afforded the very best medical capabilities. The vast majority of people who’ve contracted the disease are not only fine within a month, they’re then immune.

”PLAY BALL!”!

lol my favorite is that Zeke is like "I feel fine bro" and the first response is CANCEL THE SEASON.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Cal said:

If a player tests positive before a game as an example. Will they be able to play?

No, they are out 2 weeks, which has been my stance all along that the season is not starting till a vaccine is here.  Let's hope those Sept estimates that are out there for vaccines are doable.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

”PLAY BALL!”!

Love your positive attitude, but the fact that people are required to be quarantined when they test positive, makes it hard for me to believe there will be a season. It’s not a matter of these guys being young and healthy, it’s the point that every positive test results in a huge process that needs to be followed. I’m seeing this at my workplace right now with asymptomatic test results every week. It’s creating a major headache, and I don’t see how the NFL season can carry on when players will inevitably test positive all season. The fact that you believe most of these guys will be fine, and many of us have it (you are correct) doesn’t change the fact people who come into contact get quarantined. The NFL season makes no sense, unless the virus disappears or society changes how we will deal with it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think these protocols have been established yet. But common sense says no. 

Then it is blind luck, take away from the integrity of the game. If a star or star players test positive it can flip that weeks game in a second.

1 minute ago, Cal said:

Then it is blind luck, take away from the integrity of the game. If a star or star players test positive it can flip that weeks game in a second.

Yes that has been discussed a lot. It will not be a normal season. But they will still play because TV money. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

”PLAY BALL!”!

Fake News, never been proven

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

To hell with this bogus virus.  For anyone feeling sick, they're gonna test positive for Corona Virus.  What people are failing to acknowledge and make public is that Corona Virus has been around for decades, commonly known as the "common cold."  The issue is that there is a certain strain of the virus that is in fact dangerous.  But the problem is, the COVID testing is just a general catch-all test.  It doesn't break down the type of strain that people have.  Medical professionals haven't figured that part out yet to differentiate the type of strain people are testing positive for.  That's why you see people who've tested positive that "feel fine" or have "no symptoms."  Stop living in fear and let's get back to normalcy.

finally someone with a phD dropping knowledge in here ?

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Cal said:

Per NFL.com

Does this make you want to knee?

• Haha (+1) 3