How would you feel about a 6 game NFL season?

Would I watch? Yes, Would I like it? No.

I think the minimum you could do would be 8 games..and then you would have to change other things.

8 game season.  Top 8 teams in the playoffs.  Next 16 teams play a 'play in' game vs each other to fill out the remaining 8 spots.  Bottom 8 teams eliminated.

The less games you play, the larger the playoffs would have to be...but you still have to make the regular season worth something by giving a bye to the top teams.

14 hours ago, HOUSE said:

At this point, I will be happy with 3

I never figured you for a pre-season only kinda guy. :devil:

10 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

Why not just ask how would we feel about a 3 game season?

I think @HOUSE already answered that question for you.

FWIW, I don't think there is any chance they only play six games. They'll play most or all of the season or not at all, IMO.

So we’re roughly 80+ days away from nfl opener. With #’s increasing nationally, do you really think we have a full season?? College is even closer than that (50+ days) and I’m not seeing them playing at all. 6 to 8 games may indeed be the reality for nfl. Case in point, some prominent nfl players came down with this virus today. Imagine if that were during season

1 hour ago, major said:

So we’re roughly 80+ days away from nfl opener. With #’s increasing nationally, do you really think we have a full season?? College is even closer than that (50+ days) and I’m not seeing them playing at all. 6 to 8 games may indeed be the reality for nfl. Case in point, some prominent nfl players came down with this virus today. Imagine if that were during season

Yeah but they haven't been sequestering themselves.  The NFL needs to test these guys, quarantine those who test positive and sequester the rest.

16 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

I was a season ticket holder that year.  I got a lot of money back on the games not played.  The first game back against Miami was so bad, I wished I didn't have seasons.  One week of practice, and the game was sloppy like little league, penalities were many on both teams.  they were not ready to play, and the money was to important to keep the NFL from fleecing the fans with a sub par product.  I still feel cheated today.

I had season tickets from 1980 to 1987.  My timing has always sucked!  :)

10 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

They’ll play a full season or close to it... even if they have to push the start date all the way back to January, the league would take a heavy delay before losing out on a years worth of revenue.

Agreed. The NFL is king.

The owners used replacement players during the strike of '87, and the players came crawling back in a month (and there's been labor peace ever since).

Rules change every year without a second thought. They could make it a 60 player roster for this year only, to account for losses of players to the virus.

If there's reduced or no fans in the stands, they'll probably force the networks to renegotiate their broadcast contracts, since viewership will probably be 20-30% higher than ever before. The TV people are already terrified that King NFL will go to an all-streaming platform any day now, anyway.

One way or another, there'll be a full season. And the owners won't be taking a pay cut.

2 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Agreed. The NFL is king.

The owners used replacement players during the strike of '87, and the players came crawling back in a month (and there's been labor peace ever since).

Rules change every year without a second thought. They could make it a 60 player roster for this year only, to account for losses of players to the virus.

If there's reduced or no fans in the stands, they'll probably force the networks to renegotiate their broadcast contracts, since viewership will probably be 20-30% higher than ever before. The TV people are already terrified that King NFL will go to an all-streaming platform any day now, anyway.

One way or another, there'll be a full season. And the owners won't be taking a pay cut.

This is out of the NFLs control. The virus is going to dictate things. 

On 6/14/2020 at 8:47 PM, JetsFan20 said:

It’s looking like MLB is going to have to cut their season by 60-70%.

If that happens in the NFL how would you feel about it?

Personally I think it’s a major stretch to crown a championship in that format. I would definitely eliminate the wild card and divisional rounds of the playoffs and have every team play extra games with the final four moving on. 

60% to 70% of 16 has got to be higher than 6 right?

I'd be cool with just the divisional games if two teams from each division made the playoffs.  Superbowl winner would probably be 9-1 or 10-0.  Seems like a legitimate run.

With the tie breakers coming off points it would make for some really interesting games as you run up the score on your division rivals.

On 6/15/2020 at 12:33 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Per guidelines: "We welcome fans from any team that come here in the spirit of good sportsmanship and with the intent to exchange good dialog with Bills fans. However, inappropriate trash talk and other inappropriate methods of disruption are grounds for message removal and possible restricted board access to violators. TBD does not allow mischievous activity from disruptive posters that would result in decreased readership or a devaluation of the product."

I don't see anything disruptive or trash talking about this post.

I can't see anything wrong with this subject, either.

How would I FEEL about a 6 game season. I'd hate it. It would suck,

Would I watch it and be excited for each game? Damn right.   If the Bills were to win the SB, then there should be no asterisk!  If the Pats* win, there definately should be. Any other team? Don't care.