How would you feel about a 6 game NFL season?

On 6/14/2020 at 9:47 PM, JetsFan20 said:

It’s looking like MLB is going to have to cut their season by 60-70%.

If that happens in the NFL how would you feel about it?

Personally I think it’s a major stretch to crown a championship in that format. I would definitely eliminate the wild card and divisional rounds of the playoffs and have every team play extra games with the final four moving on. 

You sound like @Jimmy Spagnola's alley dumpster roommate?

so anything less then 9-10 im not for.  

at that point mine a well the all the #1 best teams in each division, let the players association choose 2 teams from each afc nfc have 2 preseason games in december then in january duke it out....  or something like this cause i feel by the time december comes around we will be in a much better place.. then run lotery for bottom teams that didnt make it.

or some variations of this...

next yea much closer to normal for all sports

It’s better than no season IMO. I could get behind it if they have a play in round for every second place team in each division. 

So 4 teams from each Conference makes the playoff. 4 team play in round. Top 2 teams get a bye. Or a double bye if you count the play in round. 10 weeks instead of 19. All high stakes. 

Edited by Mango

On 6/19/2020 at 11:19 PM, Paulus said:

Just do playoffs... 2 loss eliminations, and then brackets when only 8 teams remain.

I could get behind this. But I think you’d have to change the schedule to make it fair. Imagine being a good team that opens against KC and Baltimore. You don’t even have a chance basically. 

Maybe run the through the division first. Then AFC divisional counterparts. Then NFC. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mango said:

I could get behind this. But I think you’d have to change the schedule to make it fair. Imagine being a good team that opens against KC and Baltimore. You don’t even have a chance basically. 

Maybe run the through the division first. Then AFC divisional counterparts. Then NFC. 

I would do it Word Cup style. Have four friendly games where results don’t matter aside from seeding. Then the last two you play your division tourney style. The winner goes to the playoffs.