How would you feel about a 6 game NFL season?

9 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

It’s looking like MLB is going to have to cut their season by 60-70%.

If that happens in the NFL how would you feel about it?

Personally I think it’s a major stretch to crown a championship in that format. I would definitely eliminate the wild card and divisional rounds of the playoffs and have every team play extra games with the final four moving on. 

The NFL is going to play a full season. With fans in attendance that is the question in doubt.

10 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

Personally I think it’s a major stretch to crown a championship in that format. I would definitely eliminate the wild card and divisional rounds of the playoffs and have every team play extra games with the final four moving on. 

How do I feel about it ? It’s like having a premature @$&¥£€%? in other words better then nothing but kind of sucks !! 

Edited by Putin

10 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Why does a Jets fan keep posting nonsense on here. 

Because the jets suck, and she/he starting to switch alliances towards the Bills, can’t really blame she/he for showing good sense... ?

• Like (+1) 1

I remember the 1982 season was a strike shortened season. I believe it was 9 games. The Bills started out 2-0 then the strike hit. Finished 4-5 and missed the playoffs. No worries for this season. I expect 16 games and if I can't go to the games then I will watch on TV just like everyone else.

The only way a full season is not played is if too many players get sick. There will be a loss of revenue with fewer fans but NFL makes most of their money from the TV Networks. Guessing viewership will actually increase as many can't wait for live sports. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

Baseball teams probably have anywhere from 4 to 7 times the amount of fans attending over the course of a season. They stand to lose much more than the NFL with a fanless season. NFL won't have a reason to go to 6 games unless there is a major covid spread among the teams. Baseball owners will lose a lot every game played without fans, that's why they want a short season or probably no season at all.

5 hours ago, Buftex said:

The 1982 season was only 9 games. At the time I remember thinking it was silly to have a season...but if the Bills had won the Super Bowl that year (instead of the Redskins) I am sure I would have enjoyed the hell out of it...

I was a season ticket holder that year.  I got a lot of money back on the games not played.  The first game back against Miami was so bad, I wished I didn't have seasons.  One week of practice, and the game was sloppy like little league, penalities were many on both teams.  they were not ready to play, and the money was to important to keep the NFL from fleecing the fans with a sub par product.  I still feel cheated today.

• Like (+1) 1

I wouldn't be thrilled with it -- I much prefer a full season (even if it is without fans in the seats).

However, if the Bills finish 6-0 & win the Super Bowl & the Jets finish 0-6 -- then I could be OK with that!

all or nothing.  I don't want to settle for anything less than 16 games.  some teams start off hot and then cool off during the rest of the season.  On the flip side, some teams start off cold and then they catch fire to finish a season strong to either make the playoffs or even make a deep run into the playoffs.  This is what makes an entire season interesting and worth watching.  If a season can not be played in it's entirety, then just cancel it.

What ever this season brings i will more than likely only watch maybe 6 games if that only due to the fact that i liked watching football (for a few hours) to just watch football and forget about all the other crap going on in the world even if only for a little while .

This year the crap that i watched football to forget about will be a huge part of the commentary through out most of the game given what has happened this yr but time will tell . 

1 of 2 things will happen for me i either won't watch football at all and take up another hobby or a game could be on with the volume down, not out of any disrespect to any one or thing but just to watch football and not politics ! 

The NFL and certain other sports in general what ever it is i watch is my Calgon on the week ends you could say but this season i have a feeling will be more of a platform come game day so the escape route will be blocked and filled with all the things i try to leave behind for a few hrs on Sunday. After all Sunday is suppose to be a day of rest ?? !  

So instead i will have to find another way to escape the noise of every day life, maybe i will go fishing or hunting or do what Richard Proenneke did ? which will make a lot of posters here happy !!