How would you feel about a 6 game NFL season?

It’s looking like MLB is going to have to cut their season by 60-70%.

If that happens in the NFL how would you feel about it?

Personally I think it’s a major stretch to crown a championship in that format. I would definitely eliminate the wild card and divisional rounds of the playoffs and have every team play extra games with the final four moving on. 

• Sad 2

They played only 9 games in 1982, the strike shortened season. Ratings were still sky high and there is no asterisk next to the Redskins for winning the world championship that year. Id rather there were more than 6 games. I doubt it would ever be that short but who knows? It would only be for one year anyways. Not the end of the world. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

Personally I think it’s a major stretch to crown a championship in that format. I would definitely eliminate the wild card and divisional rounds of the playoffs and have every team play extra games with the final four moving on. 

How would you feel about trolling another team?

Now ask Us this question.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Get back to us after 1,000 Jets fans share their opinions. 

I’d watch, but six games isn’t nearly enough to call a “season”.  Playing 70% would be about 11 games, closer to being meaningful in terms of evaluating what you have with each team.  Playing only 6 games would be 37.5% of a “real season”. Not enough to be meaningful. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

Who the hell watches / cares about baseball? 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Why does a Jets fan keep posting nonsense on here. 

Per guidelines: "We welcome fans from any team that come here in the spirit of good sportsmanship and with the intent to exchange good dialog with Bills fans. However, inappropriate trash talk and other inappropriate methods of disruption are grounds for message removal and possible restricted board access to violators. TBD does not allow mischievous activity from disruptive posters that would result in decreased readership or a devaluation of the product."

I don't see anything disruptive or trash talking about this post.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I'd take it. Over no season? Why not?

6 games. All divisional. That'd be pretty cool, if you ask me. Especially this year with our roster and the rest of the division?? Let's do it. Bills are in prime position to succeed in that kind of situation, like the post lockout Sabres run in the 00s 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

i feel like that would be a colossal waste of time. Just time out and start up next year at that point. 

Also, you can’t really just take the raw % of games and prorate them equally. Baseball plays 162 games and the NFL plays 16.

3 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Why does a Jets fan keep posting nonsense on here. 

honestly he’s mostly asking just general football questions. I don’t see the harm in it. Granted these questions are a little weak but whatever. He got kicked off the jets forums apparently.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

I mean Baseball should of started at the end of March and goes till the end of October. So that's like a 5 month difference from when they start, so I'd be more worried if baseball doesn't ever manage to start not as much if their season is cut in half.

17 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean Baseball should of started at the end of March and goes till the end of October. So that's like a 5 month difference from when they start, so I'd be more worried if baseball doesn't ever manage to start not as much if their season is cut in half.

I feel like as much as the NFL wants to play these games its still no lock. What happens if players start getting sick? These guys are around each other all the time. Are we going to quarantine teams?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

6 sucks, at least 10, please. 

The 1982 season was only 9 games. At the time I remember thinking it was silly to have a season...but if the Bills had won the Super Bowl that year (instead of the Redskins) I am sure I would have enjoyed the hell out of it...

There is too much $ to be lost so they won’t shorten to 6 games.  I’ve been listening to their medical personnel and they are working out contingencies like regular rapid testing, but also temperature checks which is simple each time they enter the facilities.  I can see players getting two week quarantined, but not whole teams.  We might lose a couple of games, but not 10.

At this point the NFL is planning to play 100% of its games.   MLB is different given they play 161 games to begin with.   One of the reasons I love the NFL is because the games ALL matter.  In baseball that is not really the case.  There are times a race comes down to one game but when you are at game 53 no one know or can predict if that one really matters in the end.  Taking 60% away from MLB is easy, for the NFL it is now.   I could see a 10 game season or something maybe.