Grade each unit of our roster.

GreggTX

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

This is called being a fan. You see your player differently than others. You make excuses and justifications for your guy. It is ok for Allen not to be a finished product after two years. He can still be a megastar in this league. He has ways to go. But it is extremely naive to claim that he was one of the best QB's in the league last year.

To set the record straight again. I do not disregard his running. Without it I would not want him starting at QB at this point in his career. His running makes up for weaknesses in his game and will always have value. Someday it will not be his saving grace but just an added bonus. 

Where did I claim he was one of the best quarterbacks in the league last year?  I said his stats were amongst the best with his TD to INT ratio after he admittedly had to change after the week 4 NE game.  Over his next 11 games he accounted for 21 TD's and just 3 turnovers, which is pretty good and considering he had to deal with 9 new starters around him, an incomplete WR group, Bills leading the league in drops, etc etc.  

I said to grade him as a C was not a fair assessment is how this all started.  You chimed in with his passing totals only to dispute the 21 TD total I stated between weeks 5 and 16.  So not sure how you think you didn't ignore running performance when you literally responded to me saying how could he have 21 during that period if he only had 20 on the season.  I mean its pretty obvious I am including his running TD's when I say he had 21 TDs from week 5 to week 16 given he had just 20 through the air total on the season.  

And you also attributed a loss to him that wasn't on him...then doubled down on that flawed logic after pointing that out to you.  Which was also puzzling to me as well

Edited by Alphadawg7

On 6/14/2020 at 7:36 PM, GreggTX said:

This is to predict the performance of each unit in 2020 based on the current roster.The DL and QB units were particularly tough to predict and could end up much better.

QB: C

RB: B

TE: C-

WR: A

OL:C-

CB: B- (After White, the rest is just average)

S: A

LB: C+ (Not as good as advertised, but not bad either)

DL: C (Tough to predict how Oliver, Phillips and Epenesa will perform)

ST: C+

With these grades, the Bills look like they'll struggle to  be 8and 8. D-line grade c? CB b-, O-line, c-? LB c+? These grades indicate a vested  interest in the Bills crapping  out. Obviously some anti-Bills bias from GreggTX.

20 hours ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

With these grades, the Bills look like they'll struggle to  be 8and 8. D-line grade c? CB b-, O-line, c-? LB c+? These grades indicate a vested  interest in the Bills crapping  out. Obviously some anti-Bills bias from GreggTX.

Not if the rest of the AFCE grades out worse. 

MIA

QB: C-

RB: C+

WR: C+

OL:C+

CB: C+

S: C+

LB: B- 

DL: B-

ST: B

NE

RB: C+

TE: D+

WR: B-

OL: B+

CB: B+

S: B+

LB: C+ 

DL: C 

ST: C

NYJ

QB: C+

WR: C

OL: C-

CB: C- 

S: B

LB: C

Do you  agree with the grades?  If so, the Bills take a step back in your view. The AFC east will probably put one team in the playoffs. With the QB and O-line getting c- grades and the D line and lbs getting the same,  where does that stack up with KC, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Tenn, and Indy. Bills fans should expect better. 

Not going to go through all the units but I’m higher on the linebackers than a lot of you it seems. Going off the assumption that the bills are in 2LB nickel most of the time, i think edmunds/milano are B+ maybe A-.

On 6/14/2020 at 7:45 PM, GunnerBill said:

QB: B-

RB: B-

TE: D+

WR: B

OL: C+

CB: A-

LB: B

Totally like it Gunner.  Slight tweaks, but, without change is very similar to my thoughts....

TE: C

OL: B

DL: B+

8 minutes ago, Manther said:

Totally like it Gunner.  Slight tweaks, but, without change is very similar to my thoughts....

TE: C

OL: B

DL: B+

I’m hoping Knox makes a real jump and almost singlehandedly pushes the position grade up. It may not come to be, but it is certainly possible. It’s easy to love his potential. Or.....rip your hair out in frustration. 

On 6/15/2020 at 2:36 AM, GreggTX said:

This is to predict the performance of each unit in 2020 based on the current roster.The DL and QB units were particularly tough to predict and could end up much better.

WR: A

OL:C-

CB: B- (After White, the rest is just average)

LB: C+ (Not as good as advertised, but not bad either)

DL: C (Tough to predict how Oliver, Phillips and Epenesa will perform)

ST: C+

LBers are a A at least. 

Corners  A also can't deny the depth 

QB - B+
RB - A+
FB - C

WR - A

TE - C

OL - C+
DL - B+
LB - B+
CB - B+
S - A

I would likely give the roster as a whole a B to a B+ although that is subject to change so long as Josh Allen steps his game up. Could see Knox taking a huge leap as well and it would not be far fetched to see that TE group bump up a few spots as a result. Should be a playoff team with a chance of being a contender if Allen plays lights out.

Edited by Victory Formation