Grade each unit of our roster.

GreggTX

This is to predict the performance of each unit in 2020 based on the current roster.The DL and QB units were particularly tough to predict and could end up much better.

QB: C

RB: B

TE: C-

WR: A

OL:C-

CB: B- (After White, the rest is just average)

S: A

LB: C+ (Not as good as advertised, but not bad either)

DL: C (Tough to predict how Oliver, Phillips and Epenesa will perform)

ST: C+

QB - C+
RB - B

WR - B+

TE - C

OL - C

CB - B

S - A

LB - B-

DL - B-

ST - C

With the talent infusion, continuity and experience I’d expect at least a half letter grade jump for each Offensive Unit once we’ve finished this upcoming year  

I have WR listed at B+ because we don’t have that physically dominating big bodied #1 or #2.   Diggs is a stud and if Allen levels up his deep ball, Brown will beast, and this unit easily becomes an A 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

QB: B

RB: B+

WR: B

OL: C+

(Daboll being better at his job would improve the QB and RB ratings)

CB: A-

LB: B

DL: B-

ST: B-

I hope continuity gets the OLine up to a solid B, and TE makes the biggest leap as Knox learns to focus on the ball and the other guys stay healthy and contribute. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

QB: B

WR: B

OL: C+

(Daboll being better at his job would improve the QB and RB ratings)

CB: A-

LB: B

ST: B-

Close to where I’m at. I’m higher on the DL and lower on the ST

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

QB  B-

RB  B+

TE   C+

WR  B+

OL   C+

CB  A-

S    A-

LB   B

DL  B-

SpT  C

I'll go a step further with the HC and coordinators

HC   B

OC   C-

DC   B

StC  C

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

This is to predict the performance of each unit in 2020 based on the current roster.The DL and QB units were particularly tough to predict and could end up much better.

I think you are dead on... I give the D-Line a B-B+... I think with a suspended oliver, epenesa potential, and Quinton Jefferson talent... and Harrison Phillip's coming back as a 4th option at interior rusher... I think the DLine as a whole is really strong and deep and will live up to a B to B+ grade.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

GreggTX ability to grade units: D

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• QB: B-: I just don't have the emotional capital to rate them any lower... 
  • RB :C+: I love Singletary, but he's not elite. I have reservations about Moss. I'm a huge Wade fan, but realistically, his transition to the NFL is far from a given. Yeldon is a damp sack of wheat.
  • TE: C-: I believe that Knox could develop into a true playmaker. He showed flashes last season that are undeniable. But, he also had some egregious drops, which don't particularly concern me. Kroft is dry, white toast. I love Lee Smith, just as a fan. But, color commentators refer to him as "blocking tight end Lee Smith" when he is on the field. And, too many flags! But, the problem with all them is that none of these guys are complete tight ends. 
  • WR: A: I think it's safe to make a judgement on Diggs, before he takes a snap as a Bill, and say that he is elite. I've watched every snap of his NFL career, at this point, and I think that he may be the most versatile WR in the league. After him, we have the exact same cast, just bumped down a notch. Smoke as a #2, Beasley as a slot, and the supporting cast below them, all of whom belong on an NFL team, and all of whom offer a range of skills. IMO, this group could elevate Allen into the A range, all by themselves. The most exciting unit on the team.
  • OL: B-: This grade might be high. But, I suspect that they have not reached their ceiling as a unit, and the continuity they have from last season is going to be a distinct asset. My biggest concern is Ford. But, we still have Nsekhe, and we shouldn't sleep on offseason acquisition Daryl Williams.

• CB: B-: Of course Tre is elite. But, Wallace was a bit of a disappointment, last season. It was a mistake, IMO, to let Kevin Johnson walk. I get the money thing, but I think, in hindsight, we may have been better off giving him the #2 spot over Wallace. In the end, I think he was the better CB. He just never got the snaps to prove it. Gaines, and Norman? Top shelf backups, to be sure. But I don't think they are going to light the world up. And, I'm a fan of Taron Johnson, to be sure. His effort is 110%, and he always seems to have one great play per game. Kind of like Trent Murphy...
  • S: A: It's been said over, and over again-- Hyde/Poyer are the best safety tandem in the NFL. And Neal ain't no scrub.
  • LB: B-: I suspect that the loss of Lorax is bigger than many of us suspect. I'm happy with the moves Beane made to address the position, but I don't think his contributions to the LB room can be overstated. I'm a huge fan of Milano. He's a workhorse. And, there is little doubt in my mind that Edmunds will be elite-- maybe this year? 
  • DL: B-: I hate to say it, but this may be too high. The biggest question marks, are on the DL. Between Oliver's legal woes, and the new acquisitions, it's the unit with the least amount of continuity on the team. But, some serious talent, here.

• ST C : I wish there were some more ST plays that would get me up out of my seat...

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

My kid is in college. They no longer give anyone an "F" because of political sensitivity to the word "failure." So the new "F" is an "E". No joke. No more F's. 

What does 'E' stand for...Egnant?  I never got an F in college, though the people who did either a) deserved it (you have to try to get an F), or b) should be fortunate they did since that would direct them toward an area of study that is more suited toward their innate skills.  Not being cruel, but failure in college is better than failure in the real world.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I take it you are the Russian judge. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Happy said:

What does 'E' stand for...Egnant?  I never got an F in college, though the people who did either a) deserved it (you have to try to get an F), or b) should be fortunate they did since that would direct them toward an area of study that is more suited toward their innate skills.  Not being cruel, but failure in college is better than failure in the real world.

E doesn't stand for anything but the old "F". So dumb. His first semester I saw it on the bottom of his report card thing (a legend explaining all the codes and grades). I told him if he gets an E we're calling it a failure in our house. 

QB: C+

TE: C

OL: C

CB: B+

LB: C+

ST: C-

I think Allen will get up into the B's this year. Knox could get better and become a viable starting TE. He is certainly athletic and showed some flashes, but needs to really work on catching.

Running backs are going to be stellar, I feel, but they have to prove it. I think they'll be an A next year without even making changes.

Oline is as average as average can be. It's fine, but can improve at most positions.

I think the Dline will be good, but they also need to prove it. Excited about Oliver in year two and Epenesa.