League Commissioners to discuss sports return 6/15 ESPN

Mr Info

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

If they let the MLS guy in I will get a chuckle out of it.

Chuckle all you want, but millions of Americans play and watch soccer. Its a truly internationally played game, unlike our Americanized rugby, not that our version of rugby isn’t pretty damn cool ?

3 hours ago, Mr Info said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29306665/league-commissioners-appear-espn-sportscenter-special-return-sports-monday

All major US sports but since Goddell will be there putting it here instead of OTW.

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

If they let the MLS guy in I will get a chuckle out of it.

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Chuckle all you want, but millions of Americans play and watch soccer. Its a truly internationally played game, unlike our Americanized rugby, not that our version of rugby isn’t pretty damn cool ?

I'm the commissoner of a Jai Alai league, where's my invite:cry:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Blah blah blah.  Your argument is about soccer while my post was about the lame MLS.  Sherlock's jai alai comment gets it.  Not enough people care about the MLS for its inclusion to be anything other than a veiled ESPN promo.

• Haha (+1) 1

What no golf, tennis, lacrosse, curling, etc.  Sorry, couldn’t help myself.  It’s just a bunch of nothing anyway until they officially per league what they are doing in stone with the cooperation of their respective Unions.

I don’t mind sharing, but could care less what they have to say.  When Goodell has a definitive in writing statement of what will happen, who cares?

Roger going to be in his dungeon again, the same one from the 2020 draft?  ?

Wouldn't it be a hoot to turn on the broadcast, and see all them sitting around a smaller board room table?  "What?  Us worry?"  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Blah blah blah.  Your argument is about soccer while my post was about the lame MLS.  Sherlock's jai alai comment gets it.  Not enough people care about the MLS for its inclusion to be anything other than a veiled ESPN promo.

Have you been to an MLS game? I have, and I was shocked! In the same Mercedes Benz Stadium where Falcons fans sit on their thumbs, the soccer fans rock the joint while never sitting down the entire time. It was so cool that after my first game a friend came to town and I made a point of taking him. He LOVED it, and he’s not a regular soccer fan (nor am I). Granted, not as many fans with the top deck closed off by banners, but FAR louder and more energy. 

It may not be YOUR thing, but it is a REAL thing. Arthur Blank owns the soccer team as well as the Falcons. There is nothing second rate about it. It’s a tough ticket to get, and the place is rocking!  People care, and there were a lot of them.  More people than an average Braves game. Atlanta United averages over 51k fans (MLS average just over 21k) while the Braves average about 32k (many there because of the brand new venue and surrounding attractions). THAT is a significant number of people who care about MLS. 

I’ll certainly go when I get the chance. 

6 hours ago, Augie said:

Have you been to an MLS game? I have, and I was shocked! In the same Mercedes Benz Stadium where Falcons fans sit on their thumbs, the soccer fans rock the joint while never sitting down the entire time. It was so cool that after my first game a friend came to town and I made a point of taking him. He LOVED it, and he’s not a regular soccer fan (nor am I). Granted, not as many fans with the top deck closed off by banners, but FAR louder and more energy. 

It may not be YOUR thing, but it is a REAL thing. Arthur Blank owns the soccer team as well as the Falcons. There is nothing second rate about it. It’s a tough ticket to get, and the place is rocking!  People care, and there were a lot of them.  More people than an average Braves game. Atlanta United averages over 51k fans (MLS average just over 21k) while the Braves average about 32k (many there because of the brand new venue and surrounding attractions). THAT is a significant number of people who care about MLS. 

I’ll certainly go when I get the chance. 

Hell, for the 1st few years of our league existence I thought Jai Alai was just the beer we were chugging...

Come to find out the point of the sport wasn't to each chug a 6'er of Jai Alai as fast as you can and see who was the least belligerent and last person choking on their own vomit by the end of it, but rather it was about...WAIT!! WTF is Jai Alai and who put me in charge?!?!?!:cry:

17 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

There’s always going to be somebody coming around to defend kickball.  You know it, I know it.  They’re cute.