Understanding "Black on Black crime"

7 minutes ago, Wacka said:

How about Polish lives!?

Isn't it weird.... if we were talking about Polish crime, we probably wouldn't be bringing up Brazilian crime?

If we were talking about a heroic White cop saving a beautiful blonde girl  by shooting her drug addict mother in the eyeballs, and saying what a good cop, but then I was like "here's an example of a Black cop rescuing a blonde girl from a burning building" that would be race baiting. 

It's interesting how it is always acceptable to talk over black people, from the white perspective. And if a black perspective enters a white space, that's offensive, revolutionary, protest, unruly .

Edited by GregPersons

25 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Indeed. That's why I originally donated to an amazing organization in Buffalo, PUSH, were I have volunteered hundreds of hours over the last six years. But then you said you would not donate to a charity in Buffalo - which is pretty ***** for a guy who spends his time on a Buffalo Bills forum.

Sorry you don't agree with my charitable intent and giving.  Which is strange seeing you have NO idea what my charitable giving is.  You and Greg are real good at assuming things about people you know nothing about.  It's a horrible trait. 

Anyway back to the topic at hand which you have refused to address.  What gimme question are we shying away from?  

14 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

I'll be blunt but kind.

You are underestimating racism. Right? Don't you think? Like, which is more likely — that racism is exaggerated, OR, maybe possibly we have all been masssssssssively underestimating racism, because, if we're white, we don't have to think of race? If we're white, we don't really think of ourselves as white. We're whatever else, our ethnicity, we're our interests, we're this or that. We don't think there's a real "white identity" and the only "white culture" seems to be the crazy hillbillies. If we're white, we don't HAVE to think about race. It is an optional, theoretical debate. 

It really is, like... Step 1 is admitting there is a problem. There's a lot of reasons, if you stop to ponder and read and look into it, a lot of reasons why we would not want to admit there is a problem. A whole hornets nest of reasons why we are better off to maintain our comfort and maintain the illusions provided the consequences do not impact us personally. 

I want to educate you on why "peaceful protests" is a form of racism but I know I would for sure lose you if I haven't already. But, I will say. Have you ever heard of / read the book "Revolt of the Black Athlete"? Harry Edwards, from the 70s.  

I can't imagine what kind of life you have when all you see is racism. That's very sad.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GregPersons said:

I'm just asking a question, curious to know how my fellow Bills fans think. Do black lives matter?

All lives matter. You are such a racist. Trying viewing the world beyond skin color. I don't think you are capable of it.

3 hours ago, GregPersons said:

I'm just asking a question, curious to know how my fellow Bills fans think. Do black lives matter?

questions:
What makes you think they don’t?

Are you asking if they matter to non-blacks?

do you think they matter to blacks?

THE ENFORCEMENT OF IDEOLOGICAL PURITY: how the topic of black-on-black crime is handled by the left.

[Lee Fang of The Intercept], of course, had a choice. He didn’t have to apologize. If he didn’t apologize, he wasn’t going to be executed or even sent to an actual Gulag – just a social one. He would have become persona non grata at every liberal media outlet in the US, and apparently he was not willing to do that. A conservative outlet might have hired him, but he wasn’t ready to cast his lot with a group he probably still considers The Enemy. So he apologized and kept his job.

But maybe, if he’s a true person of the left, his apology wasn’t just pragmatic. It may have been sincere. Like Winston Smith at the end of Nineteen Eighty-Four, and in Fang’s case without even the need for torture and major re-education, perhaps he was ready to sincerely admit the error of his ways. If that was the case, to me it’s even more frightening than if Fang had just sucked it up in order to keep his job. But if he was sincere, it’s a demonstration of how leftists manage to absorb new information and to integrate it into their pre-existing mental map of what’s acceptable and unacceptable. Depending on how far left Fang is, he might just decide that if all the other leftists say he’s guilty of thoughtcrime here, it must therefore be so.

Read the whole thing.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

I'll be blunt but kind.

You are underestimating racism. Right? Don't you think? Like, which is more likely — that racism is exaggerated, OR, maybe possibly we have all been masssssssssively underestimating racism, because, if we're white, we don't have to think of race? If we're white, we don't really think of ourselves as white. We're whatever else, our ethnicity, we're our interests, we're this or that. We don't think there's a real "white identity" and the only "white culture" seems to be the crazy hillbillies. If we're white, we don't HAVE to think about race. It is an optional, theoretical debate. 

It really is, like... Step 1 is admitting there is a problem. There's a lot of reasons, if you stop to ponder and read and look into it, a lot of reasons why we would not want to admit there is a problem. A whole hornets nest of reasons why we are better off to maintain our comfort and maintain the illusions provided the consequences do not impact us personally. 

I want to educate you on why "peaceful protests" is a form of racism but I know I would for sure lose you if I haven't already. But, I will say. Have you ever heard of / read the book "Revolt of the Black Athlete"? Harry Edwards, from the 70s.  

Again, I'm a 1st generation Indian American.  I see, but haven't experienced, both sides.  I have no dog in this fight and want everyone to do well.  "Keeping the black (or any other ethnicity) man down" has no appeal or advantage for me.  

I am not underestimating racism.  It's there and probably always will be.  What I'm saying is that not everything bad that happens to someone is racism.  If all you do is look for it, you'll find it whether it's there or not.  And violence tends to entrench people more in their biased viewpoints versus using love and peaceful demonstrations.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1