Bill O'Brien will kneel...JJ Watt says kneeling is no disrespect to the flag or military

What if McDermott announced he would kneel?  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in support of McDermott kneeling in protest with his players this year?

• Yes, I would support it
    • No, I would not support that

2 hours ago, Rob's House said:

“Hey look everyone! Here’s one specific instance that completely invalidates the dozens of other videos showing police murdering unarmed black people!”

What a ridiculous post.

Now show George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Eric Garner, etc, etc.

• Like (+1) 5

On 6/16/2020 at 9:43 PM, Beast said:

Yeah they do.

LOL

(I had to include that LOL for effect)

The Left is a flat out joke just as Black Lives Matter is a false narrative.

When the little black children or black adults being killed in gang wars by black adults matter,  ONLY THEN will black lives matter.

Until then, it is FAKE.

Maybe I'm reading you wrong. Are you saying blacks don't care about gang killings and because of that, protesting police violence shouldn't be taken seriously?

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

“Hey look everyone! Here’s one specific instance that completely invalidates the dozens of other videos showing police murdering unarmed black people!”

What a ridiculous post.

Now show George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Eric Garner, etc, etc.

Your bias is showing. 

It was posted without comment. You didn't refute my argument, because I didn't make one. All you did was admit who and what you are.

My takeaway from the video was that I certainly didn't see that coming. You were probably cursing them halfway through for using "excessive" force.

When you see what can happen and how fast the tables can turn, it gives you a little more perspective on the real world, split second life & death choices these guys have to make.

I shouldn't have to qualify that, but since we're living in a dumbed down culture that sees only binary choices I will: it doesn't mean you give every cop a pass. It does mean you should consider his situation before you get too high and mighty from the comfort of your keyboard.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Maybe I'm reading you wrong. Are you saying blacks don't care about gang killings and because of that, protesting police violence shouldn't be taken seriously?

I don't want to answer for him, but actually I do, so I will.

It comes off as a little disingenuous when you claim your primary goal is the preservation of black life, but you put nearly all your efforts into reducing one relatively small, but politically advantageous, cause of black deaths while giving nary a thought to things that cause more black deaths by orders of magnitude.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I don't want to answer for him, but actually I do, so I will.

It comes off as a little disingenuous when you claim your primary goal is the preservation of black life, but you put nearly all your efforts into reducing one relatively small, but politically advantageous, cause of black deaths while giving nary a thought to things that cause more black deaths by orders of magnitude.

Is it just "a little disingenuous" or total BS to you? I get the feeling it's the latter. The fact that you think "nary a thought"(cute) is given to black on black killings, by blacks, shows your ignorance. I'm going to guess it's just not a part of your everyday life or you just don't pay attention to those who are grieving. Why would you? I've cried and seen far too many people(including family members ) crying and grieving the deaths of family members to gang violence. I have also seen and attended a few peace rallies after killings. It's on folks' minds more than you know. I left Buffalo due to gang violence back in the day. Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to leave. I'm trying not to take these ignorant comments personally and you have the right to your view, but I do think you should stay in your lane and speak to what you know. Trust me, this isn't it. 

As to the comment made by Beast, it's only Fake to folks who don't care or aren't affected.

Edit: You didn't answer for him. You gave your views.

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Is it just "a little disingenuous" or total BS to you? I get the feeling it's the latter. The fact that you think "nary a thought"(cute) is given to black on black killings, by blacks, shows your ignorance. I'm going to guess it's just not a part of your everyday life or you just don't pay attention to those who are grieving. Why would you? I've cried and seen far too many people(including family members ) crying and grieving the deaths of family members to gang violence. I have also seen and attended a few peace rallies after killings. It's on folks' minds more than you know. I left Buffalo due to gang violence back in the day. Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to leave. I'm trying not to take these ignorant comments personally and you have the right to your view, but I do think you should stay in your lane and speak to what you know. Trust me, this isn't it. 

As to the comment made by Beast, it's only Fake to folks who don't care or aren't affected.

Edit: You didn't answer for him. You gave your views.

Total strawman.

I didn't say a damn thing about what blacks talk about. I'm talking about the BLM movement, which is the topic of this thread, and something I do know quite a bit about, so I'll drive in any lane I damn well please. This movement doesn't give a ***** about black on black crime or anything else that affects the lives, health, and well-being of the black community. In fact, it's considered "racist" to even bring it up. 

This movement is narrowly focused because it's not about you. I know you and most of the people supporting and participating in it think it is, but it's really not. 

This didn't happen organically. It's organized and it's been orchestrated by people who have a completely different set of goals from yours and who are exploiting your perceived grievances to achieve those goals. The same people who have been trying to stir up racial tensions for a good long while now.

Think about it. This isn't doing anything to help black people. It's caused, and will cause, both directly and indirectly, more hardship, suffering, and death of black people than racist cops could ever dream of doing. It's completely counterproductive.

Murder rates will skyrocket in the coming months (they already have in some areas), communities and livelihoods have been destroyed, and there's growing animosity between you and people that don't have any problem with you.

It's certainly not going to improve policing. Everyone says they want better cops, but how does this achieve that end? Do you think making law enforcement the least desirable job in America is going to improve the applicant pool?

And no offense, but I'm a little tired of being preached to by people who think they've got a monopoly on the truth, and that the rest of us should just shut up and accept the opinion we're told to have. 

Edited by Rob's House
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Her actual last name Dayn-Ryan came from "one of her father's multiple identities". What in the world. I've never even read this one but her upbringing is insane to say the least. She reminds me of a Bladerunner replicant for some reason. It's like some 22 year old Trump admin interns are cobbling together her history in real time.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

Heard there’s a pretty bad case of flu running through Atlanta PD the past day or so. 

Yeah, they supposedly had more call-ins than usual last night. Not nearly as dramatic as what was being reported on Fox News, of officers "throwing their keys on desks and staging a walk out" like in the movies.

I live in the Zone that was allegedly the epicenter of this mini Blue Flu, it was a quiet night with no issues. The protests are still going on downtown completely peacefully.

Boo hoo, they dont want to be held accountable when beating/tasing innocent people or shooting people in the back. They're welcome to quit, or better yet, fire them and strip their benefits so the taxpayers arent burdened anymore. Tear the whole thing down and re-build. Like they did in Camden, NJ and like they're doing in Minn.

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, they supposedly had more call-ins than usual last night. Not nearly as dramatic as what was being reported on Fox News, of officers "throwing their keys on desks and staging a walk out" like in the movies.

I live in the Zone that was allegedly the epicenter of this mini Blue Flu, it was a quiet night with no issues. The protests are still going on downtown completely peacefully.

Boo hoo, they dont want to be held accountable when beating/tasing innocent people or shooting people in the back. They're welcome to quit, or better yet, fire them and strip their benefits so the taxpayers arent burdened anymore. Tear the whole thing down and re-build. Like they did in Camden, NJ and like they're doing in Minn.

Innocent people? Did I miss something (with regard to the recent Wendy’s shooting  I mean)?

Edited by thebandit27

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

The first case, where they tased and ripped those college kids out of a car after giving them unclear instructions.

I had to clarify that I was asking about the Wendy’s shooting. I have not heard about this one. Looking into that now...

Just now, thebandit27 said:

I had to clarify that I was asking about the Wendy’s shooting. I have not heard about this one. Looking into that now...

It was from the first night of protests, which I understand feel like a lifetime ago but was actually only a week or so.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/crime/2-more-atlanta-police-officers-fired-after-college-student-tasing-incident-caught-on-camera/85-6b4bfb17-88f2-4dc1-89d0-db3c92caf785

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

lmao sure bruh.  I hope they all quit.  They deserve better.

• Like (+1) 2