Bill O'Brien will kneel...JJ Watt says kneeling is no disrespect to the flag or military

What if McDermott announced he would kneel?  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in support of McDermott kneeling in protest with his players this year?

• Yes, I would support it
    • No, I would not support that

4 minutes ago, Spielman said:

The NFL has lost me as a fan.  To disrespect the flag means you hate this country.  If you don’t like it, Americans are free to leave and see if some other country will pay you millions to run around in tights on a 100 yard piece of grass.  

I will support and enjoy my country to the fullest with other hobbies than wasting time watching foosball. 

and that is MY right . 

It is certainly your right to go crawl under any rock you want. But, what makes you think you can speak for those who are (respectfully, imo) protesting during the anthem? Do you not see that protest is a vital form of patriotism?

11 minutes ago, Spielman said:

The NFL has lost me as a fan.  To disrespect the flag means you hate this country.  If you don’t like it, Americans are free to leave and see if some other country will pay you millions to run around in tights on a 100 yard piece of grass.  

I will support and enjoy my country to the fullest with other hobbies than wasting time watching foosball. 

and that is MY right . 

Yes it is.  And their right as well to protest.  It is clear you don't want to hear what is being said by all the players, that they respect the flag and the military but are protesting treatment of blacks.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Spielman said:

and that is MY right . 

While I don’t agree with you or your position, I do respect the fact that you have the right to feel that way and the right to express yourself freely...

I am starting to think there is a silent majority out there of football fans and casual viewers that feel the same as you.... The 2020 season is going to be chaotic , that’s for sure. 

GO BILLS! 

15 minutes ago, Spielman said:

and that is MY right . 

tenor.gif?itemid=15040142

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, wppete said:

While I don’t agree with you or your position, I do respect the fact that you have the right to feel that way and the right to express yourself freely...

I am starting to think there is a silent majority out there of football fans and casual viewers that feel the same as you.... The 2020 season is going to be chaotic , that’s for sure. 

GO BILLS! 

I think the silent majority is annoyed but not too concerned with kneeling during the national anthem; too many other things have their full attention.

38 minutes ago, Spielman said:

and that is MY right . 

I picture this playing in the background as you typed that:

Thoughts and prayers ??????!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Spielman said:

and that is MY right . 

So what are you doing here?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rico said:

I think the silent majority is annoyed but not too concerned with kneeling during the national anthem; too many other things have their full attention.

Time will tell. We are just a few months away. 

28 minutes ago, wppete said:

GO BILLS! 

I'm not sure there's a silent majority that feel so strongly. I'd wager the majority see the protest, recognize it isnt against the flag, but dont know what else they can do about the main issue, so move on and just go on with their day like normal people. Hence being silent.

26 minutes ago, wppete said:

GO BILLS! 

This same "silent majority" that went berzerk in 2017 and abandoned the sport when Kaepernick started the protest.  Its the same "silent majority" that posted raving videos of themselves burning all their NFL gear to "boycott" the NFL.  Its the same group who left the sport in 2009 when Vick was reinstated.  

This silent majority is extremely loud and hasn't made good on any of their previous promises to stop watching.  I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

This same "silent majority" that went berzerk in 2017 and abandoned the sport when Kaepernick started the protest.  Its the same "silent majority" that posted raving videos of themselves burning all their NFL gear to "boycott" the NFL.  Its the same group who left the sport in 2009 when Vick was reinstated.  

This silent majority is extremely loud and hasn't made good on any of their previous promises to stop watching.  I'll believe it when I see it.

This time they’re serious though

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dopey said:

To your last paragraph,  "defeat or humiliate the opponent",  the fact that you see kneeling this way says enough to me. I hope the Bills kneel. You will not be missed.

Can I buy your tickets from you. I'll kneel in the stands with them.

It should say enough to you, it's a power grab by a hostile power forcing subjugation and the power of the mob against unsuspecting people. 

Wear a OAN shirt apologize or be fired, kneel before the flag and say how much you hate the police you're a hero.

And as far as buying tickets go steal them, it's how you take power.

Edited by BigBillsFan

1 hour ago, Spielman said:

and that is MY right . 

So just to be clear - you're cool with Tyreek Hill in the NFL, the NFL covering up a major concussion problem for years, etc. But the straw that broke your back was the national anthem? Yeah, that is your right. That doesn't make it smart or moral. But you can do what you want. Boycotts in general are really dumb in my opinion. There are 1000 reasons to boycott any major company in America if you look closely. Choosing one that happens to offend you doesn't give you the high ground. If someone wanted to boycott the NFL because they allow someone that punched a pregnant woman in the stomach to play, I would respect that. Your reasoning is paper thin.

• Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So just to be clear - you're cool with Tyreek Hill in the NFL, the NFL covering up a major concussion problem for years, etc. But the straw that broke your back was the national anthem? Yeah, that is your right. That doesn't make it smart or moral. But you can do what you want. Boycotts in general are really dumb in my opinion. There are 1000 reasons to boycott any major company in America if you look closely. Choosing one that happens to offend you doesn't give you the high ground. If someone wanted to boycott the NFL because they allow someone that punched a pregnant woman in the stomach to play, I would respect that. Your reasoning is paper thin.

Well said my friend well said!!!! I believe there are more people out there that share his opinion and are being silent and that is concerning to the NFL. 

Edited by wppete

1 hour ago, Spielman said:

and that is MY right . 

Good for you. I'm holding out to see if the Bills take a knee. If they do I'm gone too. I'm glad you wrote what you did.

1 hour ago, wppete said:

GO BILLS! 

I think it is more the 'silent middle' and not the silent majority.

I think the majority of the nation is split between the 2 sides..and they certainly are not silent.  Those in favor of kneeling let you know their point of view..and those who don't favor it let you know also.  

The 'silent' portion of the nation is the middle..those that won't take a firm stand either way, because they either don't care at all, or they see both sides of view.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Go study the Post Hoc fallacy; this is the quintessential version of it.

The actions of individuals are not the same thing as league policy as a political statement over our country to give us our freedoms.

What an individual does is not a reflection of the whole, but if the whole makes a decision that some individuals don't do you can make a summary decision. His reasoning is very sound.

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

I think it is more the 'silent middle' and not the silent majority.

I think the majority of the nation is split between the 2 sides..and they certainly are not silent.  Those in favor of kneeling let you know their point of view..and those who don't favor it let you know also.  

The 'silent' portion of the nation is the middle..those that won't take a firm stand either way, because they either don't care at all, or they see both sides of view.

They did a recent poll of this and more Americans agree with the players kneeling at this point.  If the NFL is looking to the long term health of the game they'd be wise to support players kneeling given its support among young people.

The poll asked the question, “Is it OK for NFL players to kneel during the national anthem to protest police killings of African Americans?” The results were interesting:

• Both male and female respondents agreed that it was, by a margin of 52 percent to 37 percent (male) and 52 percent to 34 percent (female)

• Younger respondents tended to be more favorable to the idea, with 68 percent of those 18-29 agreeing that it was. That number steadily declined to 36 percent of respondents over 65

• Self-described Democrats strongly favored the right to protest, at 77 percent, while only 20 percent of Republicans, and 20 percent of self-described Trump voters, answered in the affirmative

• Along racial lines, 77 percent of blacks, 57 percent of Hispanics, and 47 percent of whites answered positively

• Among respondents with incomes of more than $100,000, 63 percent agreed with the right to protest, while 49 percent of respondents with incomes of less than $50,000 agreed

8 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

The actions of individuals are not the same thing as league policy as a political statement over our country to give us our freedoms.

What an individual does is not a reflection of the whole, but if the whole makes a decision that some individuals don't do you can make a summary decision. His reasoning is very sound.

The policy of the NFL is that if you punch a pregnant woman in the stomach you can still play as long as you're a top player. Hill also has another strike on his record within the last 2 years. And he's just one example. I won't accept anyone who tells me that players kneeling for the anthem offends them while some of this other stuff goes on. You're allowed to feel offended. I sometimes feel disgusted when I think about some of the scumbags in the NFL, thankfully none on the Bills. I still watch the games because frankly every major organization has blemishes like that.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2