Bill O'Brien will kneel...JJ Watt says kneeling is no disrespect to the flag or military

What if McDermott announced he would kneel?  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in support of McDermott kneeling in protest with his players this year?

• Yes, I would support it
    • No, I would not support that

3 hours ago, TheProcess said:

This sensitive subject gives whitey an upset tummy. Shocking as it may be, people still don’t get it. 

Well, there is the racism we are looking for. You dont know if im Hispanic, black, Asian, white... yet let's see how you react to me pointing out exactly how racist stupid comments like yours are.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Feel free to stand and stare at the flag if it makes you feel better. Don't tell others how they're supposed to act during the national anthem.

I saw how much support Brees has gotten from the NFL for exercising his right to stand for the ?? Anthem !!!  I’m pretty sure he’s NOT the only one who feels that way , 

but nobody wants to be called a racist so everybody will KNEEL !!! 

Edited by Putin
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Why not kneel when the ball is placed on the tee for the opening kickoff? People watching at home usually don't see the national anthem,  but everyone watching will see the opening kick. It takes the whole flag/anthem issue out of the picture and more people will see the message being sent. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Putin said:

I saw how much support Brees has gotten from the NFL for exercising his right to stand for the ?? Anthem !!! 

Then you completely misunderstood why people were mad at him. If he had said "I'm personally going to stand for the anthem, it's how I was raised, but I understand why some of my teammates won't" he wouldn't have gotten any flak. But his exact words were "I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country." It isn't enough to say he is going to stand, he also has to call the protestors disrespectful. And then he tried to make a lazy point that they should stand for civil rights activists who sacrificed their lives which is arguably worse than his first statement. He showed a total lack of understanding for what the protestors are trying to do. Oh by the way he is the de facto leader of a team of mostly black men in a city with a 60% black population. In that context especially you can't describe his comments as anything but ignorant. It's not about what he plans to do during the anthem. No one is saying that people who don't kneel are ignorant. Just make a basic effort to understand why some people are kneeling.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

So, in turn one has more privilege than the other?

So, again, what am I refusing to see?

That one has an audience and one doesn’t. One has more privilege in the workplace because they are harder to replace. They are bigger earners. Not everyone has the same responsibility. By that logic how is the president different from a fry cook?

2 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

Why not kneel when the ball is placed on the tee for the opening kickoff? People watching at home usually don't see the national anthem,  but everyone watching will see the opening kick. It takes the whole flag/anthem issue out of the picture and more people will see the message being sent. 

Because it’s not about the ?? ?

3 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

At this point, how is there 20 votes for no? 

simple reason for a no vote:  I pay to see the football game.  I pay to be entertained.  I do not pay to be lectured to about any political belief of any brand.  So, I am being expected to adopt a specific view based on kneeling players and coaches beliefs?  I do not value their view in the stadium forum, they are entitled to have to views and express them on their time.  but, as Billy Joel says in the song..."NOT ON MY TIME"  Do your politicking when not in uniform and when I am not forced to be there because I like to watch football.  I am not saying there are not problems these movements should impact.....I am saying, I don't like  being subjected in an entertainment venue.  TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Then you completely misunderstood why people were mad at him. If he had said "I'm personally going to stand for the anthem, it's how I was raised, but I understand why some of my teammates won't" he wouldn't have gotten any flak. But his exact words were "I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country." It isn't enough to say he is going to stand, he also has to call the protestors disrespectful. And then he tried to make a lazy point that they should stand for civil rights activists who sacrificed their lives which is arguably worse than his first statement. He showed a total lack of understanding for what the protestors are trying to do. Oh by the way he is the de facto leader of a team of mostly black men in a city with a 60% black population. In that context especially you can't describe his comments as anything but ignorant. It's not about what he plans to do during the anthem. No one is saying that people who don't kneel are ignorant. Just make a basic effort to understand why some people are kneeling.

I agree with you 100% !!! And I did say it earlier that he sounded a little one sided , 

but at the same time he was called every name in the book even by his teammates , 
Why can’t people also understand where he’s coming from and try and educate him ? Isn’t it’s exactly the same thing that you are asking of him ? 

The "Star Spangled Banner" National Anthem has 4 stanza's of which we only hear the 1st played.

A savvy entertainer should skip the 1st stanza and sing the 4th.  I mentioned this to friends during the Kaep protests.

O thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation.
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the Heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: 'In God is our trust.'
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

......or if some singer truly wants to make a point, sing the 5th stanza that was used during the Civil War!

When our land is illumined with Liberty's smile,
If a foe from within strike a blow at her glory,
Down, down with the traitor that dares to defile
The flag of her stars and the page of her story!
By the millions unchained, who our birthright have gained,
We will keep her bright blazon forever unstained!
And the Star-Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave
While the land of the free is the home of the brave.

Maybe singing the "Civil War" stanza could bring some citizens together.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That one has an audience and one doesn’t. One has more privilege in the workplace because they are harder to replace. They are bigger earners. Not everyone has the same responsibility. By that logic how is the president different from a fry cook?

They are entertainers. As far as I'm concerned, my car still needs oil to function. I don't need sports to function. 

The president to a fry cook is an absolutely awful comparison.

Edited by BillsFan17

3 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Not much of a  difference between his dad's basement and your mom's attic, is there?

Maybe it’s time for another doobie and climb back under your rock 

Edited by Putin
  • Haha (+1) 1

Growing up, you could always count on Americans to stand for the national anthem and to put a hand on their heart. That tradition has always been a unifying symbol to every American regardless of color. Americans stand because we do not kneel to anyone who would try to divide us, subjugate us or attack us.  The very reasons people stand for the flag and the anthem are uniquely American reasons. And the people that kneel at that very moment know it is divisive. You can argue all you want that we have the freedom to kneel during anthem and while we fly the red, white and blue, but the truth is that this does not help to unite us.  It angers me to see Americans intentionally putting barriers up that divide. Pretending to say that it is for a just cause is utter BS.  There are millions of other ways to fight for a cause.  This way is not how you win people over and it will never will be.

It's no wonder we have riots in the streets. BTW, believing that black lives matter does not mean that you have to support the movement called Black Lives Matter(Which sends all it's donations to democrat candidates). Just as believing what happened to George Floyd was horrible doesn't mean you have to support de-funding the police. The very problems we are facing in America right now are because there is no middle ground.  There is no place where everyone can unite.  You are either on my side or you are the enemy, so to speak.  We can't even come together under something that once brought us all together.

Sorry, I kneel for God. No one else deserves that privilege.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

100% agree with the sentiment of your post, but this is not a constitutional matter, and I think it just gets in the way to argue that. These players are on the clock, and getting paid for their time (very handsomely). Obviously if the NFL is cool with it then it's a non-issue, but the 1st amendment doesn't really play here.

I mean, sure they "have the right" to do it, but the NFL "has the right" to sanction, penalize, or fire them for it. Obviously they won't do that though. It was easy when it was just kaep, now it's half the league or more. So now, even though this isn't a constitutional matter, I think it's more closely likened to a strike. The league can't really live without all the star players, so they have to deal with it.

Thank you for your service!

I Appreciate your sentiments, and I thank you,  it was a privilege to serve my country.

The owners of our country, yes us citizens, in effect have no constitutional rights if government or business entities can thwart them when ever they feel inclined. The playing field is not level. 

Capitalism brings many rewards, and is mostly a good thing,  but greed and power (capitalism’s twin evils) need to be properly regulated for the common good of everyone. Presently the greed and power aspects are out of hand, and those two things are the root cause of our current social unrest. 

• Like (+1) 1