CHAZ Seattle Observations

On 6/22/2020 at 8:01 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

And now the Seattle Mayor is saying she's negotiating with "parties" to end the CHAZ :lol: 

Was the segregating of black folks back to 'the field' a step too far?

Par for course among Democrats.

12 hours ago, Taro T said:

AND the slam poetry unit!?!?!?!

Bringing out the full force of the man?!?!?  That seems disproportionate.  They only killed ONE person; the interpretive dance team should be able to get this done with some help from the social workers.

I don't ***** around.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, B-Man said:

Seattle will move to dismantle 'CHOP' zone after shootings, mayor says

by Louis Casiano

Original Article

Seattle will move to end the police-free zone known as the "Capitol Hill Organized Protest," or "CHOP," after two recent shootings, one of which was deadly, Mayor Jenny Durkan announced Monday -- signaling that a stunning chapter in the city's history could be drawing to a close. The mayor said the violence was distracting from changes sought by thousands of peaceful protesters seeking to address racial inequity and police brutality.

Soooooo........if I have read this right: Capitol Hill Under Mayor and the Police of Seattle, yeah?

Hereafter referred to as 'CHUMPS'.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think this is fascinating. We all got to witness in the span of about two weeks how Human Nature reclaims it’s natural instincts and a little utopian love fest de solves into tribalism, power grabbing, and conflict...just like humans have done for thousands of years. Of course I’m told you can see the same thing every year on CBS’s Big Brother without the leftover cost of clean up being laid at the feet of the taxpayer. This is a truly hilarious and utterly bored generation we’ve raised. Hey kids....why not go help dig fresh water wells in Africa or ANYTHING productive! 

53 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I think this is fascinating. We all got to witness in the span of about two weeks how Human Nature reclaims it’s natural instincts and a little utopian love fest de solves into tribalism, power grabbing, and conflict...just like humans have done for thousands of years. Of course I’m told you can see the same thing every year on CBS’s Big Brother without the leftover cost of clean up being laid at the feet of the taxpayer. This is a truly hilarious and utterly bored generation we’ve raised. Hey kids....why not go help dig fresh water wells in Africa or ANYTHING productive! 

Because today's kids have grown up in the age of entitlement.

Throw in an uncontrollable internet and overexposure to social media and its little wonder they are predominantly lazy, stupid and susceptible to leftist propaganda and hyperbole.

• Like (+1) 4

Local Seattle Times columnist pretty much nails it here IMHO.

But now with three shootings in the past three nights in the immediate vicinity, the CHOP has ended up demonstrating the reverse of its no-cop Utopian goal. It turns out we still need those homicide detectives and the CSI and probably much of whatever else was going on in that boarded-up East Precinct.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/the-irony-of-the-no-cop-chop-it-showed-how-much-we-still-need-the-police-after-all/tweets

In best BMam voice, read the whole thing.

• Thank you (+1) 2

TRUMP’S ROPE-A-DOPE STRATEGY 1,    ANARCHIC COMMUNE 0: 

As They Disband CHOP, Its Leaders Insist Their Anarchy That Enabled Rape And Murder Was Successful.

Kurt Schlichter called it:

But another tactic, familiar to any student of insurgencies, is to provoke an overreaction by those in power in order to undermine its moral authority. They want is to make us (including the president) think this is a kinetic operation, and get our side to make fundamental strategic errors by failing to recognize the true nature of the threat. They hope that such a mismatch between perception and reality will then lead to gravely damaging blunders. One of those would be Trump succumbing to his legit frustration and sending in a bunch of federal troops to crack skulls in Seattle. . . .

Trump can and should let Seattle’s problem be Seattle’s problem. A small-scale riot in a peripheral city known for coffee, drizzle, and droning, garbage music is the very definition of a local problem. Why would Trump interject himself into it and relieve the mayor and governor of the consequences of their failure to keep order? Why would he stop them from showing the electorate exactly what the reeking cesspool they could expect after Gropey Joe defunds the police looks like?

Read the whole thing.

It would have been interesting to see what, if anything, Trump would have done it if didn't implode on its own so quickly (you knew it would happen, but not this fast).  Would he have waited for it to happen, even if it took weeks or months?  I guess we'll never know.

58 minutes ago, Doc said:

It would have been interesting to see what, if anything, Trump would have done it if didn't implode on its own so quickly (you knew it would happen, but not this fast).  Would he have waited for it to happen, even if it took weeks or months?  I guess we'll never know.

What do you mean we'll never know?

First he would have surrounded it with bad military people like me. Then he would have cut off power, water, Starbucks and food being sent in.

Already with no internet due to loss of power, the moment those privileged little twits got hunger pangs, they would have given in... Length of siege? About 4 hours give or take 2 hours.

Edited by Cinga
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

What do you mean we'll never know?

First he would have surrounded it with bad military people like me. Then he would have cut off power, water, Starbucks and food being sent in.

Already with no internet due to loss of power, the moment those privileged little twits got hunger pangs, they would have given in... Length of siege? About 4 hours give or take 2 hours.

I personally think that just cutting off the importation of weed would do it but I wouldn't mind letting the weed get through for awhile, but confiscate all the Doritos. We could plant a trail of Dorito crumbs from their border to the jailhouse. Sorta like this:

See the source image

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Another installment of those that don't study history are doomed to repeat it.

In today's Seattle Times, an editorial titled "Keep Protesting But End CHOP", there was an interesting quote.

Reverend Harriet Walden, a long time Black leader in Seattle's police accountability movement and co-chair of the Community Police Commission notes the East Precinct was first established at the behest of Sam Smith, Seattle's first Black City Council member, because Central District residents were receiving worse service than other areas, with police slower to respond to calls for help.

Response time in the area has tripled since the police station closed.

CHOP wants to turn the police station into a community center. There are 2 community centers within a mile of the police station.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1