Baker Mayfield will knee

Cal

1 hour ago, Rico said:

If kneeling makes them a tighter team and leads to more wins, then go for it.

Still don't like Tre White dissing a teammate though.

Tre White can piss in noodle arm’s Cheerios every morning and force feed them to him for all I care. I’m taking the all pro over the guy that’s been around for a minute and will be lucky to make the team. 

1 hour ago, Beast said:

The Anthem IS about honoring the flag! That’s why it is called THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER for Cripes sake! You know, oh say does that star spangled, banner yet wave! What do you think the star spangled banner is that Francis Scott Key was referring to? Please tell me you didn’t know.

Let me ask you something....if the flag isn’t directly tied in with the military, how come soldiers graves, every Memorial Day, are adorned with little American flags? 

How come the flag is folded nice and neat by a soldiers head while their body is being displayed in their casket?

Why does the American flag draped over a soldiers casket as they are being flown home for burial?

Why, at Sabres games, do they trot out military people at every game, onto the ice, while the Anthem is being played and the flag is being displayed overhead?

Why, on military bases, do soldiers jump from their seats in a theatre when the National Anthem is being played and the flag displayed on the movie screen?

It's also displayed prominently at football games, so maybe it's also directly tied to football making it very appropriate to kneel.  

As Bill Hicks said (regarding people being offended by individuals burning the flag), the soldiers didn't die for the flag, they died for what the flag represents... which is the right to burn the flag. 

Honestly, I'm always shocked that someone would be so irate at the idea of a player kneeling during the anthem. Imagine if a member of your family was killed and you were refused justice, everyone refused to even listen to you. Then a player hears about it and kneels during the anthem to draw attention to your story. Would you tell them "thanks but no thanks"? 

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS locked this topic