Baker Mayfield will knee

Cal

10 minutes ago, Beast said:

I don’t care what it is about. Kneeling during the anthem while the flag is being honored is disrespectful as hell in my eyes. 

Like I said, they have the right to kneel. And I, and others, have the right to find it disrespectful. 

If you don’t see it the way I do, so be it. Don’t really care, either.

BTW, the flag does represent all of us and that includes the military. You don’t think the military and flag are intertwined all I can do is laugh. If a soldier knelt during the anthem and didn’t stand at attention and salute they would be court martialed.....no questions asked.

Have you been to a game? Not just Bills, any large game or gathering. Look around next time the anthem is being played and you will see countless people talking, have their hats on, and doing everything but standing silently. But yet, people lose their sh.t when someone kneels.

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I agree, I think the NFL will lose so much money that they will need to do something different at some point during the season. If they were smart they would try to figure something out now that works for everyone. If ratings get really bad I can see players in the locker room during the anthem. 

But remember how Steeler fans went bezerk after the Steelers did that? The NFL will do away with the anthem all together before trying that again.

With so many players, coaches and owners now openly supporting the right to kneel it seems the NFL could stand to lose more money if they attempt to find ways to circumvent players from kneeling. 

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah because the flag is a symbol of America. I mean are you saying the anthem is literally about honoring the flag? That's nonsense. It's the national anthem, not the anthem of the flag. And it's an even bigger stretch to say it's just about the military. Like most other Americans I said the Pledge of Allegiance from kindergarten through 12th grade, which in retrospect is pretty weird. But I never thought of it as respecting the military. It was about a general loyalty to America. The kneelers are just saying they don't feel that loyalty because they aren't treated the same. I'm not going to try and explain it again, you either get it or you don't.

The Anthem IS about honoring the flag! That’s why it is called THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER for Cripes sake! You know, oh say does that star spangled, banner yet wave! What do you think the star spangled banner is that Francis Scott Key was referring to? Please tell me you didn’t know.

Let me ask you something....if the flag isn’t directly tied in with the military, how come soldiers graves, every Memorial Day, are adorned with little American flags? 

How come the flag is folded nice and neat by a soldiers head while their body is being displayed in their casket?

Why does the American flag draped over a soldiers casket as they are being flown home for burial?

Why, at Sabres games, do they trot out military people at every game, onto the ice, while the Anthem is being played and the flag is being displayed overhead?

Why, on military bases, do soldiers jump from their seats in a theatre when the National Anthem is being played and the flag displayed on the movie screen?

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Have you been to a game? Not just Bills, any large game or gathering. Look around next time the anthem is being played and you will see countless people talking, have their hats on, and doing everything but standing silently. But yet, people lose their sh.t when someone kneels.

Are you saying that there are people that don’t find those people talking disrespectful?

What should I do? Start yelling at them or go slap them upside their head?

Edited by Beast

I wish we could stop playing the national anthem at the beginning of every single sporting event.  Pros, college, badminton tournaments, T-ball.  Just stop it.  Same with plastering the flag everywhere, which by the way is technically illegal.  It debases what it symbolizes. 

10 minutes ago, Beast said:

Are you saying that there are people that don’t find those people talking disrespectful?

What I am saying is that this is behavior that has gone on forever. Where was the outrage about the disrespect? With how many have complained about the kneeling, I would guess a vast majority of those are the same people talking to their buddies, buying a beer, walking around the concourse, etc...

Regardless the NFL is going to lose a boat load of money. I personally think the Owners/Players have the money and connections to get awareness out in so many other ways. There is a reason that the announcement goes out to please stand before the anthem is played. I believe in equality for everyone, everyone should be treated with respect. Throughout my life through various jobs I have never discriminated against anyone. If I could help someone out by making a repair and saving a customer 1,000's of dollars from having a plumber roll out I did it regardless if they were rich, poor, white,black,blue or red.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

What I am saying is that this is behavior that has gone on forever. Where was the outrage about the disrespect? With how many have complained about the kneeling, I would guess a vast majority of those are the same people talking to their buddies, buying a beer, walking around the concourse, etc...

It shouldn't bother people.

I'll probably get the thread shut down, but why don't a lot of the same people who got so outraged about the kneeling not care a bit about a national leader saying that he only liked the guys who weren't captured?

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Success said:

It shouldn't bother people.

I'll probably get the thread shut down, but why don't a lot of the same people who got so outraged about the kneeling not care a bit about a national leader saying that he only liked the guys who weren't captured?

I'm calling people out for their hypocrisy if you didn't notice.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Beast said:

I remember going to a Bears game with my Dad (Marine) and my Grandpa (Navy). I was 12 and my younger brother was 10. I forgot to take my hat off and heard my full name being yelled. I looked to my right to see my dad and grandpa looking at me telling me to take my hat off. If a look could make you ***** in your pants then I crapped mine twice that day.

33 minutes ago, Beast said:

Serious question: do you get upset about the massive one they display pregame on the field being held horizontally against code?

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

""If you still think it's about disrespecting the flag or our military, you clearly haven't been listening," Watt tweeted on Saturday."

"Yeah, I'll take a knee -- I'm all for it," O'Brien told the Houston Chronicle. "The players have a right to protest, a right to be heard and a right to be who they are. They're not taking a knee because they're against our flag. They're taking a knee because they haven't been treated equally in this country for over 400 years."

Texans' J.J. Watt says taking a knee isn't about the American flag

Interesting.  I don’t recall JJ Watt (or BOB) speaking out on Kaepernick’s behalf before now.  Smells like disingenuous opportunism to me...

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, mannc said:

Interesting.  I don’t recall JJ Watt (or BOB) speaking out on Kaepernick’s behalf before now.  Smells like disingenuous opportunism to me...

while J.J. Watt is taking a knee, he will be mic’d up, saying, “knee! Oh, yeah! Oh yeah! Let’s go!” And his brother TJ will be tweeting, “kneeeeeeeee!!!!!” 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

not opportunism... it's you either agree with everything going on or you risk being alienated and labeled a racist

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Herc11 said:

not opportunism... it's you either agree with everything going on or you risk being alienated and labeled a racist

Oh, I get it.  The people who left Kaepernick out to dry for three years are in a tough position right now...doesn’t mean I can’t laugh at them.