Baker Mayfield will knee

Cal

5 minutes ago, Cal said:

I only watch Bills games after the first kneeling stuff. If it continues, I will give up my seasons and stop watching my beloved Bills. I have to do what I feel is right.

Thanks, but why? What is your reasoning for doing that? Why would you stop watching the Bills if players do this?

Edited by Mister Defense

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Then leave.  Honest to God, this gets ridiculous.  When it all started with Keap he went to a decorated Green Beret for advice and was told that would be the honorable way to approach it.  I know some vets who are against it, I know some vets who say that is exactly why they fought, to protect the rights of people. 

I stand for the anthem, I will continue to do so.  But I also get why black players are protesting because the events of the past few weeks have finally opened the eyes of this 64 year old white man that things have got to change. 

You want to leave, go ahead.  If a protest for the 2 minutes for the anthem is going to ruin a football game or team, good for you.  But if you’ve ever been at a game talking to a friend or in the restroom during the anthem you’re a hypocrite.  And if you can’t see that it’s finally time to see that things need to change maybe you’re something else.

Nobody said things don't have to change but there are right and wrong ways to go about it.

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.  Seriously, who freaking cares anymore?   If you want to stand, then stand.  If you want to kneel, then kneel.  How does this impact anyone directly?   Get over it.

You hate your country. We get it.

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

To those saying they’re done if a Bills player takes a knee - see you on opening day! ?

While you are right about some, not all will be there.

I know people that left back when there were a handful of kneeler and never came back.

Edited by Beast

11 minutes ago, Beast said:

No, what you are is intolerant to how other people feel.  Values are not governed. Not by you. Not by me.

I served as well.

Feel? How about the truth of the matter?  American citizens exercising their constitutional rights is not and never has been an insult to we who served. Again, the flag does not and never has represented the military, the flag represents the constitution and the social values of our country, that in turn the military is sworn to and oath bound to protect, end of story. Your or my feelings do not come into play on this.  That  you “feel” otherwise is unfortunate and bears introspection on your behalf. Nothin but luv, and thank you for your service to our great country. 
Semper FI. 

8 minutes ago, Cal said:

Nobody said things don't have to change but there are right and wrong ways to go about it.

You hate your country. We get it.

outlandish stuff like this is why you get very little respect around here. Sort yourself out.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Feel? How about the truth of the matter?  American citizens exercising their constitutional rights is not and never has been an insult to we who served. Again, the flag does not and never has represented the military, the flag represents the constitution and the social values of our country, that in turn the military is sworn to and oath bound to protect, end of story. Your or my feelings do not come into play on this.  That  you “feel” otherwise is unfortunate and bears introspection on your behalf. Nothin but luv, and thank you for your service to our great country. 
Semper FI. 

Does not represent the military? Um, yes it freaking does. Ever been to a military funeral? Ever see the flag folding ceremony and that flag being handed to the family? You know, the same flag that was folded neatly inside of the casket by the soldiers head and then draped over their casket?

ADF36867-3A2B-4C71-826C-C25DD8A69AEE.jpeg

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Does not represent the military? Um, yes it freaking does. Ever been to a military funeral? Ever see the flag folding ceremony and that flag being handed to the family? You know, the same flag that was folded neatly inside of the casket by the soldiers head and then draped over their casket?

I can’t even argue with your stupidity anymore. Take care.

You hit it on the head man. Well said.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

The flag represents the entire country. It's not our military flag, it's our national flag. If kneeling during the anthem is disrespecting the military it also disrespects public schools, national parks, etc. It was never about the military. It was simply a way for Kaepernick and others to express how they feel people like them are treated in America. They don't stand for the anthem because they don't think the country stands for them. If you still don't know the meaning behind the protest you haven't paid any attention.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The flag represents the entire country. It's not our military flag, it's our national flag. If kneeling during the anthem is disrespecting the military it also disrespects public schools, national parks, etc. It was never about the military. It was simply a way for Kaepernick and others to express how they feel people like them are treated in America. They don't stand for the anthem because they don't think the country stands for them. If you still don't know the meaning behind the protest you haven't paid any attention.

I don’t care what it is about. Kneeling during the anthem while the flag is being honored is disrespectful as hell in my eyes. 

Like I said, they have the right to kneel. And I, and others, have the right to find it disrespectful. 

If you don’t see it the way I do, so be it. Don’t really care, either.

BTW, the flag does represent all of us and that includes the military. You don’t think the military and flag are intertwined all I can do is laugh. If a soldier knelt during the anthem and didn’t stand at attention and salute they would be court martialed.....no questions asked.

Edited by Beast

Just now, Beast said:

Kneeling during the anthem while the flag is being honored is disrespectful as hell in my eyes. 

The flag isn't being "honored," it's being displayed. The national anthem honors America. I don't subscribe to flag worship. You can if you want but don't assume an intent to disrespect veterans because that's what you think it symbolizes.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

The flag isn't being "honored," it's being displayed. The national anthem honors America. I don't subscribe to flag worship. You can if you want but don't assume an intent to disrespect veterans because that's what you think it symbolizes.

Um, where do you stand and face while the anthem is playing? The restroom? Hot dog stand? You ever notice that flag that sometimes stretches over the entire football field?

I’m done with your stupidity as well.

Edited by Beast

3 hours ago, Cal said:

Reported on ESPN that Mayfield plans to knee during national anthem. If any Bills player does, I'm done. 

You realize some of the Bills were kneeling during the first round of all this stuff already, right?

1 minute ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

People that get upset about people kneeling during the anthem are racist it's that simple 

That's just stupid. I know plenty of people that are opposed to it and are hardly racist. 

Stop with the b.s. of labeling everything someone says or does that isn't your view as racist.

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

How so? It obviously cost the league viewers a couple years ago. I dont see that changing this time around.

maybe so. But what can the owners do about it? I think if they start to fine, suspend or cut players that kneel they could find themeslves losing even more eyeballs. Especially if marquee players like Mahomes and Watson continue to speak up. I can’t seem them telling Mahomes or Watson to have a seat on the bench.

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Um, where do you stand and face while the anthem is playing? The restroom? Hot dog stand? You ever notice that flag that sometimes stretches over the entire football field?

Yeah because the flag is a symbol of America. I mean are you saying the anthem is literally about honoring the flag? That's nonsense. It's the national anthem, not the anthem of the flag. And it's an even bigger stretch to say it's just about the military. Like most other Americans I said the Pledge of Allegiance from kindergarten through 12th grade, which in retrospect is pretty weird. But I never thought of it as respecting the military. It was about a general loyalty to America. The kneelers are just saying they don't feel that loyalty because they aren't treated the same. I'm not going to try and explain it again, you either get it or you don't.