Baker Mayfield will knee

Cal

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Don’t know.  If they thought so they’d probably have chosen that earlier.

It’s different now. There’s a message out there I feel everyone feels touches them. The be better, to be the change, less hate, understand each other, make the right choices, more acceptance and respect for one another...

In a simple sentence and action we can have a message. The Players Association and the League could make that effort and do something.

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

Once it hurts the bottom line, you will see it end again just like it did in 2018. This isnt the forum for this. Politics are literally in everything these days. I just want to watch a football game in peace man. 

And again the protest does not stop you from doing so.  The game is played after the anthem.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

How so? It obviously cost the league viewers a couple years ago. I dont see that changing this time around.

On the clock sounds pretty stupid to me, the players are paid for the full week of work,  not just game time. It would be very restrictive if the owners 'looked at the clock' all the time. But mostly it sounds really stupid to me.

13 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

I think the word you’re looking for is “snowflakes.” 

not sure what that means anymore, I'm called a snowflake but I couldn't care less about the anthem being played or not.

10 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

No screw that. Keep them in the locker room. This isnt a democracy, it's a business.

and the business owners are now apparently supporting their employees. So deal with it.

3 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Once it hurts the bottom line, you will see it end again just like it did in 2018. This isnt the forum for this. Politics are literally in everything these days. I just want to watch a football game in peace man. 

in peace? where do you find you have no peace while watching your game? that couple minutes while the anthem plays and some kneeling interferes with your game?

give me a break. the game is four 15 minute quarters that don't take place until AFTER the anthem. I don't think it's about peace at all, I think it's more you just don't like to see them kneeling.

poor fella, can't get any peace for his football game.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Beast said:

You are 100% correct.

You know what else is 100% correct? People are allowed to feel that kneeling during the Anthem is disgusting and a slap in the face to people that have served, and served and died while serving.

It goes both ways. 

I’m one of those people who served, (USMC) and it is not a slap in the face, the flag  does not represent the military, it represents the constitution and the social values of our country, that in turn the military is sworn to protect. Any one who thinks otherwise is willfully ignorant. This I had been a straw man argument/red herring from the very get go. 

Go Bills!!! 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

""If you still think it's about disrespecting the flag or our military, you clearly haven't been listening," Watt tweeted on Saturday."

"Yeah, I'll take a knee -- I'm all for it," O'Brien told the Houston Chronicle. "The players have a right to protest, a right to be heard and a right to be who they are. They're not taking a knee because they're against our flag. They're taking a knee because they haven't been treated equally in this country for over 400 years."

Texans' J.J. Watt says taking a knee isn't about the American flag

I don't really like to call anyone naive or ignorant but apparently those who are crying about no more games for me or want their money back spent on tickets or saying they're done. well, that is exactly what you look like, naive and ignorant.

I was never against the kneeling, it was and is for a good cause and although that 2 or 3 minutes must bug some of you, that's all it is, 2 or 3 minutes. it does not interfere with the game or even the anthem for that matter. a silent protest, nothing more. who actually stands up from their couch or easy chair, removes their hats and places the old right hand over the heart?

I'm sure there are some, a few maybe but those like myself, we're heading to the kitchen to get a cold one and a snack or taking a leak but I'm certainly not all hell bent to catch the anthem before the game. no, I'm not a big "let me catch this anthem before the game" fan.  99.9% of the time I never hear or see it. 

so, you fellas or gals that seem to ignore the reason for the kneeling and want to bail on your team or the nfl as a whole because of it,

bye!

This.

3 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I agree, I think the NFL will lose so much money that they will need to do something different at some point during the season. If they were smart they would try to figure something out now that works for everyone. If ratings get really bad I can see players in the locker room during the anthem. 

6 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

in peace? where do you find you have no peace while watching your game? that couple minutes while the anthem plays and some kneeling interferes with your game?

give me a break. the game is four 15 minute quarters that don't take place until AFTER the anthem. I don't think it's about peace at all, I think it's more you just don't like to see them kneeling.

poor fella, can't get any peace for his football game.

Typical response. People just want to watch the game, and forego the politics and the demonstrations.  Baker Mayfield is simply a d-bag, regardless of what he does anyway. 

1 minute ago, Mailman said:

Typical response. People just want to watch the game, and forego the politics and the demonstrations.  Baker Mayfield is simply a d-bag, regardless of what he does anyway. 

Then watch the game and look at the flag while standing during the anthem.

You might also want to stop and think about what they are kneeling for.

• Like (+1) 2

If these players/ political activists really want to show how “dedicated” they are to the cause. Then take a knee for the first series. Oh wait that would really make a statement!! They might even get fined and get even more attention! But no! We are just going to protest during the anthem.

19 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I’m one of those people who served, (USMC) and it is not a slap in the face, the flag  does not represent the military, it represents the constitution and the social values of our country, that in turn the military is sworn to protect. Any one who thinks otherwise is willfully ignorant. This I had been a straw man argument/red herring from the very get go. 

Go Bills!!! 

No, what you are is intolerant to how other people feel.  Values are not governed. Not by you. Not by me.

I served as well.

Edited by Beast

Worst part about this whole thing is that they are going to start broadcasting the National Anthem again, which they only do when its week 1, the super bowl, or controversial....they only broadcast it to exploit it in some way. All in all, it simply means one thing, another commercial break ?‍♂️

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I agree, I think the NFL will lose so much money that they will need to do something different at some point during the season. If they were smart they would try to figure something out now that works for everyone. If ratings get really bad I can see players in the locker room during the anthem. 

Boycotts usually don't last very long.  They'll see an initial hit and then it will fizzle over time.  The NFL should've taken the position of letting players kneel who wanted to from the beginning without any repercussions.

The United States flag is not a symbol of the military, but a symbol of the entire country, as a whole. The same goes for the National Anthem. That is literally a fact. It always has been. Until Kaepernick took a knee, it had never been suggested otherwise. Grenada, Lichtenstein, and Samoa also have flags, and anthems, and they don't even have armed forces. 

I cannot take the opinion that Kaepernick's silent protest during the national anthem disrespects the military, because it disrespects the flag, or the anthem any more seriously than if people were saying that his protest disrespects Denny's, or Micheal Phelps.

And, honestly, I can't shake the suspicion that the vast majority of people who are so stubbornly clinging onto the "kneeling disrespects out vets" narrative truly want this protest to be disrespecting vets. Because it is a much safer position to be against disrespecting vets than it is to be against protesting systemic racism.

But, as I mentioned in another thread, if you have a problem with players kneeling during the anthem, you best get over it. There's going to be a lot of kneeling going on this season.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Close your eyes.  Or just don't enter the stadium until after the anthem. 

You can always turn your back to the field too.

Me, I don't really care if they kneel or don't kneel, they are only football players, and I cheer for the uniform, not them.

Edited by Rico

50 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I'm sure all the ***** flexing, super patriots out there will be thrilled that the league cancels the National Anthem.

I don't think the league has a choice at this point.  If I was an owner, I would rather the "super patriots" be upset that the NA is not being played than give a stage to players making a social statement and p.o. more people who will stop attending the games and/or watching on tv.

• Like (+1) 1

Can you clarify, please? What exactly do you mean by "done"?

With what??   Life?  

The Bills?   

Football?

And then, why are  you done with life, the Bills, football, or whatever it is you are done with?

Please respond!  It is a very cryptic and vague post, so fill things in for us.

Edited by Mister Defense

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Yea unfortunately I will have to watch the games at the bar. I usually go to my mom and dads to watch football and they buy the Sunday ticket. My Dad is a Vietnam Vet and completely shut down football at the house with the Kaepernick kneeling. I’m sure he will do the same this time too. 

I was hoping the NFL would just give the players commercial time to spread awareness. The kneeling is going to hit the NFL in the pocket books big time.

Yep. Taking a knee is disrespectful to the military. Some veterans are ok with it but most I know are not. Why would you even want to disrespect any soldier? There were other ways for them to protest.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Boycotts usually don't last very long.  They'll see an initial hit and then it will fizzle over time.  The NFL should've taken the position of letting players kneel who wanted to from the beginning without any repercussions.

And if it doesn't fizzle? 

What number do you see the NFL make changes at.

1. 50 mil

2. 100 mil

3  500 mil

4. 1 B

5. 2 B

10 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Can you clarify, please? What exactly do you mean by "done"?

With what??   Life?  

The Bills?   

Football?

And then, why are  you done with life, the Bills, football, or whatever it is you are done with?

Please respond!  It is a very cryptic and vague post, so fill things in for us.

I only watch Bills games after the first kneeling stuff. If it continues, I will give up my seasons and stop watching my beloved Bills. I have to do what I feel is right.