Baker Mayfield will knee

Cal

52 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Just turn the 1pm games on at 1:02pm, the 4:25pm games at 4:27pm, the 4:05 games at 4:07 and we won't have to worry about who is kneeling and who is not.

And if you are at the games, just do what you do and not pay attention to others during the anthem.

Problem solved.

The television networks don't have to air it either.

There is no benefit to seeing the protest. So why air it? Just get to the game.

2 minutes ago, Happy said:

Just don't play the NA before the game is what I would push for if I were the owners.  Takes that stage away from those that want to kneel.

I'm sure all the ***** flexing, super patriots out there will be thrilled that the league cancels the National Anthem.

11 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I would support 5 minutes before the game.  Statements, silent reflection.  Something like that.  But I don’t think that will make a loud enough statement.  

Statement or wouldn’t stir the pot?

kneeling is a statement in itself. Actually having a message that’s 100% understood and approved by all is a much bigger statement! This is bigger than BLM. This is a upbringing and whole societal issue.... this is more than, them, that group, the Dems GOP, male female, it’s everyone! What’s the message? How about we all support the message that affects everyone and everyone kneels? 

That’s a statement of equality, solidarity (you know, the fist) and unity!  Otherwise it’s all a “what are we doing today?” “Who we gonna piss off now?” If we can’t determine what’s what... what’s the point of playing games. Other than “We want things our way”..... which is where it’s going.

12 minutes ago, klos63 said:

this 'on the clock' argument has been and continues to be one of the most pathetic ones around. 

How so? It obviously cost the league viewers a couple years ago. I dont see that changing this time around.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

I'm sure all the ***** flexing, super patriots out there will be thrilled that the league cancels the National Anthem.

I think the word you’re looking for is “snowflakes.” 

Just now, CEN-CAL17 said:

Statement or wouldn’t stir the pot?

kneeling is a statement in itself. Actually having a message that’s 100% understood and approved by all is a much bigger statement! This is bigger than BLM. This is a upbringing and whole societal issue.... this is more than, them, that group, the Dems GOP, male female, it’s everyone! What’s the message? How about we all support the message that affects everyone and everyone kneels? 

That’s a statement of equality, solidarity (you know, the fist) and unity!  Otherwise it’s all a “what are we doing today?” “Who we gonna piss off now?” If we can’t determine what’s what... what’s the point of playing games. Other than “We want things our way”..... which is where it’s going.

The point folks are making is no one is listening.  So while I see your point something before a game is likely not to be seen or heard.

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

How would that be a protest? A protest, by definition, has to be something that is disruptive. It has to be abnormal and socially unacceptable to get recognition.

The question is, what’s wanted from the protest? .... equality, solidarity and unity. To be treated fairly and we all deserve to be treated as such. So having 80-100k people sharing that same message at the same time is serving the same purpose as a team kneeling during the anthem. Stronger if you ask me!

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

No screw that. Keep them in the locker room. This isnt a democracy, it's a business.

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The point folks are making is no one is listening.  So while I see your point something before a game is likely not to be seen or heard.

You’re telling me, if the league and it’s players don’t come what a message or a statement that is echoed before a game .... the message wouldn’t be heard? It would be louder if you asked me. 2 sidelines vs the whole stadium...

Edited by CEN-CAL17

1 minute ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

You’re telling me, if the league and it’s players don’t come what a message or a statement that is echoed before a game .... the message wouldn’t be heard? It would be louder if you asked me. 2 sidelines vs the whole stadium...

Don’t know.  If they thought so they’d probably have chosen that earlier.

""If you still think it's about disrespecting the flag or our military, you clearly haven't been listening," Watt tweeted on Saturday."

"Yeah, I'll take a knee -- I'm all for it," O'Brien told the Houston Chronicle. "The players have a right to protest, a right to be heard and a right to be who they are. They're not taking a knee because they're against our flag. They're taking a knee because they haven't been treated equally in this country for over 400 years."

Texans' J.J. Watt says taking a knee isn't about the American flag

I don't really like to call anyone naive or ignorant but apparently those who are crying about no more games for me or want their money back spent on tickets or saying they're done. well, that is exactly what you look like, naive and ignorant.

I was never against the kneeling, it was and is for a good cause and although that 2 or 3 minutes must bug some of you, that's all it is, 2 or 3 minutes. it does not interfere with the game or even the anthem for that matter. a silent protest, nothing more. who actually stands up from their couch or easy chair, removes their hats and places the old right hand over the heart?

I'm sure there are some, a few maybe but those like myself, we're heading to the kitchen to get a cold one and a snack or taking a leak but I'm certainly not all hell bent to catch the anthem before the game. no, I'm not a big "let me catch this anthem before the game" fan.  99.9% of the time I never hear or see it. 

so, you fellas or gals that seem to ignore the reason for the kneeling and want to bail on your team or the nfl as a whole because of it,

bye!

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Capco said:

This issue is bigger than the NFL.  

Once it hurts the bottom line, you will see it end again just like it did in 2018. This isnt the forum for this. Politics are literally in everything these days. I just want to watch a football game in peace man.