Baker Mayfield will knee

Cal

Pretty silly to allow yourself to be so affected by a player kneeling. Why should it come between you and enjoying football?

And I guarantee Bills players will be kneeling. Tre White in particular. So you might as well plan on not watching football from now on.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I stand for the anthem, I will continue to do so.  But I also get why black players are protesting because the events of the past few weeks have finally opened the eyes of this 64 year old white man that things have got to change. 

May I ask what specifically in the last few weeks has changed your perspective on that?

42 minutes ago, mead107 said:

I want money back on my tickets. If the Bills take a knee. I don’t want to pay to watch a protest.  
I don’t care what the reason.  

Close your eyes.  Or just don't enter the stadium until after the anthem. 

50 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Then leave.  Honest to God, this gets ridiculous.  When it all started with Keap he went to a decorated Green Beret for advice and was told that would be the honorable way to approach it.  I know some vets who are against it, I know some vets who say that is exactly why they fought, to protect the rights of people. 

I stand for the anthem, I will continue to do so.  But I also get why black players are protesting because the events of the past few weeks have finally opened the eyes of this 64 year old white man that things have got to change. 

You want to leave, go ahead.  If a protest for the 2 minutes for the anthem is going to ruin a football game or team, good for you.  But if you’ve ever been at a game talking to a friend or in the restroom during the anthem you’re a hypocrite.  And if you can’t see that it’s finally time to see that things need to change maybe you’re something else.

My whole thing is.... I’m all for the recognition, bringing light to the issue  all that. 

The anthem and the flag will always cause a controversy. Doesn’t mean either side is wrong.

I just ask, is there anything that can be done before a game that 100% of us can get on board? Something everyone can appreciate and get behind that still serves the purpose of highlighting our society needs to focus on equality?

Im not picking sides, just saying something could be done where 100% agree and 100% share the same message.

Even all that happened over the past 3 weeks the message and coming together is all over the place. Fingers are pointed in 50 different directions and some think they have no role in the change needed. F that!!!! What’s the message? What can we all get behind and WE ALL need to be better!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

May I ask what specifically in the last few weeks has changed your perspective on that?

Kneeling on the guy’s neck.  When you have a guy down and he doesn’t have a pulse and you keep kneeling on him was a Whoa! Moment.  So I started talking to folks I know that are black, and my kids’ friends.  And they all tell me of how they have had moments when they are treated differently or pulled over for no reason.  All stuff I probably knew but never really thought about.

And I guess the final one involved my one daughter who is adopted from China.  Her best friend was adopted the same day, went into a grocery store, and was told we don’t wait on your kind.  Different ethnicity, same kind of prejudice.

It has to stop.  It seriously has to stop.  So I’ll stand.  But I’ll support folks protesting.  And I’ll keep supporting the police who have an impossible job but get screwed by the few who abuse their authority.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

Honestly, my problem with it was they are on the job. I don’t care what they do off the job, within reason of course. If the NFL doesn’t care, I don’t care. The NFL seems to have changed their tune on being “pro-player”. I don’t love it, but I can’t hate it. Change needs to come. 

Riot or loot, you belong in jail. Peaceful protest to your heart’s delight. 

If you see it as an issue between the employer and the employees, then you should have no problem.  Here's what the Pegulas had to say when Bills players kneeled:

"Our players have the freedom to express themselves in a respectful and thoughtful manner and we all agreed that our sole message is to provide and to promote an environment that is focused on love and equality."

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/2017/09/24/buffalo-bills-donald-trump-remarks-nfl-reaction/697856001/

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Kneeling on the guy’s neck.  When you have a guy down and he doesn’t have a pulse and you keep kneeling on him was a Whoa! Moment.  So I started talking to folks I know that are black, and my kids’ friends.  And they all tell me of how they have had moments when they are treated differently or pulled over for no reason.  All stuff I probably knew but never really thought about.

And I guess the final one involved my one daughter who is adopted from China.  Her best friend was adopted the same day, went into a grocery store, and was told we don’t wait on your kind.  Different ethnicity, same kind of prejudice.

It has to stop.  It seriously has to stop.  So I’ll stand.  But I’ll support folks protesting.  And I’ll keep supporting the police who have an impossible job but get screwed by the few who abuse their authority.

Great, thanks for the insight!

4 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

My whole thing is.... I’m all for the recognition, bringing light to the issue  all that. 

The anthem and the flag will always cause a controversy. Doesn’t mean either side is wrong.

I just ask, is there anything that can be done before a game that 100% of us can get on board? Something everyone can appreciate and get behind that still serves the purpose of highlighting our society needs to focus on equality?

Im not picking sides, just saying something could be done where 100% agree and 100% share the same message.

Even all that happened over the past 3 weeks the message and coming together is all over the place. Fingers are pointed in 50 different directions and some think they have no role in the change needed. F that!!!! What’s the message? What can we all get behind and WE ALL need to be better!!!!

I would support 5 minutes before the game.  Statements, silent reflection.  Something like that.  But I don’t think that will make a loud enough statement.  

1 hour ago, Cal said:

Reported on ESPN that Mayfield plans to knee during national anthem. If any Bills player does, I'm done. 

I could care less who 'kneels'!  Just let us watch football and the hell with players personal views.  What they do on the field interests me much more.

2 minutes ago, LB48 said:

I could care less who 'kneels'!  Just let us watch football and the hell with players personal views.  What they do on the field interests me much more.

Their kneeling does not stop anyone from watching football.

I have a strong feeling about this!  I am entitled to my opinion no matter what anyone else says.  Please don’t push so-called “facts” on me.  The other side doesn’t care about facts - they’re brainwashed by a corrupted and partial media.  I have every right to my opinion and nothing anyone could say will ever make me change it.  The Constitution says so!

Edited by Coach Tuesday

21 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Just keep them in the locker room then for the anthem. You're on the clock gents.

this 'on the clock' argument has been and continues to be one of the most pathetic ones around. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

How would that be a protest? A protest, by definition, has to be something that is disruptive. It has to be abnormal and socially unacceptable to get recognition.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I have a strong feeling about this!  I am entitled to my opinion no matter what anyone else says.  Please don’t push so-called “facts” on me.  The other side doesn’t care about facts - they’re brainwashed by a corrupted and partial media.  I have every right to my opinion and nothing anyone could say will ever make me change it.  The Constitution says so!

Same thing can be said about both sides...but hey... go ahead and keep your us vs them mentality.  It seems to really be working for America right now.

Edited by Lagoon Blues
  • Like (+1) 1

It used to annoy me when players kneeled during the game or after a TD,  Tebow used to drive me nuts because it seemed like he said the whole rosary before he got back up and the networks always showed it. But so what, I had to deal with it and I came aware unharmed.  Who really pays attention to the Anthem while watching on TV anyway, most of the time the networks don't even show it, unless some superstar does the singing.  And if your so god damned patriotic while at the game, put your hand on your heart and look towards the flag, you won't even notice any of the players.

• Like (+1) 1