Baker Mayfield will knee

Cal

Good on him, I truly hope the entire league kneels every game, 

Semper FI America, exercise your constitutional rights every damn day! 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Cal said:

Reported on ESPN that Mayfield plans to knee during national anthem. If any Bills player does, I'm done. 

Then leave.  Honest to God, this gets ridiculous.  When it all started with Keap he went to a decorated Green Beret for advice and was told that would be the honorable way to approach it.  I know some vets who are against it, I know some vets who say that is exactly why they fought, to protect the rights of people. 

I stand for the anthem, I will continue to do so.  But I also get why black players are protesting because the events of the past few weeks have finally opened the eyes of this 64 year old white man that things have got to change. 

You want to leave, go ahead.  If a protest for the 2 minutes for the anthem is going to ruin a football game or team, good for you.  But if you’ve ever been at a game talking to a friend or in the restroom during the anthem you’re a hypocrite.  And if you can’t see that it’s finally time to see that things need to change maybe you’re something else.

• Like (+1) 25
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yea unfortunately I will have to watch the games at the bar. I usually go to my mom and dads to watch football and they buy the Sunday ticket. My Dad is a Vietnam Vet and completely shut down football at the house with the Kaepernick kneeling. I’m sure he will do the same this time too. 

I was hoping the NFL would just give the players commercial time to spread awareness. The kneeling is going to hit the NFL in the pocket books big time.

• Like (+1) 1

The social justice fight will live on, but I predict the kneeling thing will be forgotten by the time the 2021 season begins. Regardless of how you feel about the kneeling business, I think people should just be happy to see a 2020 season. This season is in greater jeopardy than most realize. The kneeling is the least of my concerns. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 3

Just turn the 1pm games on at 1:02pm, the 4:25pm games at 4:27pm, the 4:05 games at 4:07 and we won't have to worry about who is kneeling and who is not.

And if you are at the games, just do what you do and not pay attention to others during the anthem.

Problem solved.

• Like (+1) 7

46 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Good on him, I truly hope the entire league kneels every game, 

Semper FI America, exercise your constitutional rights every damn day! 

Go Bills!!!

You are 100% correct.

You know what else is 100% correct? People are allowed to feel that kneeling during the Anthem is disgusting and a slap in the face to people that have served, and served and died while serving.

It goes both ways. 

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The Browns been taking a knee for 50 years

They actually had a darn good team from 85-89 and they were fun to watch.

Otherwise, you are correct.

Remember when both the Bills and the Browns played like they were taking a knee in the 6-3 classic in 2009.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.  Seriously, who freaking cares anymore?   If you want to stand, then stand.  If you want to kneel, then kneel.  How does this impact anyone directly?   Get over it.

Honestly, my problem with it was they are on the job. I don’t care what they do off the job, within reason of course. If the NFL doesn’t care, I don’t care. The NFL seems to have changed their tune on being “pro-player”. I don’t love it, but I can’t hate it. Change needs to come. 

Riot or loot, you belong in jail. Peaceful protest to your heart’s delight. 

• Like (+1) 5