Devin Singletary interview

4 hours ago, Dirtyd415 said:

I love the kid and think he’s going to continue to grow and improve and possably be the best we’ve had since #34.  However he comes across a bit full of himself/over-confident.  Saying he learned “everything” from Gore in one year is a little hard to understand.  No one learns everything about anything in a year.  If he’s going to be infront of the camera more regularly as our stud RB he needs to choose his words with a bit more finesse.

Yeah, wring choice of words. He was trying to make the point that he is ready to be the leader of the running backs.  That's a good, positive point.  

Especially because he was talking about a Hall of Fame back, his words needed to be more respectful.  

13 minutes ago, njbuff said:

About freaking time football talk is football talk and not all the other useless junk.

I've missed talking football, too,  but the whole country is waking up to the fact that talking racism is not useless junk.  It's about the future of our country.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yeah, wring choice of words. He was trying to make the point that he is ready to be the leader of the running backs.  That's a good, positive point.  

Especially because he was talking about a Hall of Fame back, his words needed to be more respectful.  

I've missed talking football, too,  but the whole country is waking up to the fact that talking racism is not useless junk.  It's about the future of our country.  

Being lied to.

But DS is a quality kid and I hope he and Moss will be able to take some pressure off Allen.

Same Hondo.  I see Allen being good, maybe even top 10 especially when we consider someday, Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Rivers (not that he’s in that league, but he is solid), and in time Rodgers retires.  Once these stars leave, Allen has a chance in two years to be at least top 10.  This year will make a big statement.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Same Hondo.  I see Allen being good, maybe even top 10 especially when we consider someday, Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Rivers (not that he’s in that league, but he is solid), and in time Rodgers retires.  Once these stars leave, Allen has a chance in two years to be at least top 10.  This year will make a big statement.

Allen can well compliment what defenses will be worried about and studying for with Bills. Allen has so many weapons to make use of when the ball is snapped now. And unlike most of the QBs in the top ten. he is a very real threat to wreak havoc with his feet and or playmaking ability.

Singletary and Moss will be the Beastie Boys for the Bills.

beating the snockers out defensive secondaries who come up on them.
Boom shak a lak a

Boom Boom

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Yeah, wrong choice of words. He was trying to make the point that he is ready to be the leader of the running backs.  That's a good, positive point.  

It’s becoming a theme! 

I think early season will be spent making sure Moss can keep Josh off his back and in one piece. Blitz pickup has to be solid. At least we know he’s NOT afraid of contact! 

Edited by Augie

Love the comments from Motor. I agree that he should have said something like, "I learned a lot about leadership from Frank," but I don't think he was intentionally disrespectful by saying he learned "everything he needed." 

I'm curious as to why people who are tired of politics brought up politics in a thread that previously had nothing to do with politics. (No need to answer - it's a rhetorical curiosity.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Allen can well compliment what defenses will be worried about and studying for with Bills. Allen has so many weapons to make use of when the ball is snapped now. And unlike most of the QBs in the top ten. he is a very real threat to wreak havoc with his feet and or playmaking ability.

Singletary and Moss will be the Beastie Boys for the Bills.

beating the snockers out defensive secondaries who come up on them.
Boom shak a lak a

Boom Boom

Boom Shaka lake Boom.  Love it my friend.  Have a great rest of the weekend.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Love the comments from Motor. I agree that he should have said something like, "I learned a lot about leadership from Frank," but I don't think he was intentionally disrespectful by saying he learned "everything he needed." 

I'm curious as to why people who are tired of politics brought up politics in a thread that previously had nothing to do with politics. (No need to answer - it's a rhetorical curiosity.)

Did anyone actually listen, and not just read the cliff notes? ?

He actually gave Frank a big compliment and said "he" taught me everything I needed to learn.   A bit of a misquote from the interviewer, imo.  

Either way, not sure how anyone thinks he didn't speak highly of Frank or his appreciation of things frank taught him.  Everyone should go listen and not try to overanalyze

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

He actually gave Frank a big compliment and said "he" taught me everything I needed to learn.   A bit of a misquote from the interviewer, imo.  

Either way, not sure how anyone thinks he didn't speak highly of Frank or his appreciation of things frank taught him.  Everyone should go listen and not try to overanalyze

OK, I'm guilty of just reading the thread, but even with the reporter misquote, I acknowledged that Motor wasn't being disrespectful. It was obvious last year how well the two of them got along - mutually respectful of each other - so I can't imaging him downplaying Gore's influence at all.

And on the flip side, I've always had huge respect for Gore, and that was amplified when a reporter came up to him after a game and he quickly answered one question and then told the reporter, "Go talk to him," pointing to Singletary, who just had a great game. There's no doubt that Motor will remember that gesture for the rest of his life.

13 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Indeed, why draft a back in the 3rd round when you already have an up-and-coming young back? 

I like Josh a lot but I don't know if he's ever going to be  a Brees-Brady type QB who can move an offense down the field almost single-handedly.   But he can play an effective role in a balanced offensive attack.   

That sucked last year when Singletary hurt his hamstring in week 2 at the Giants and wound up missing the next few games.  I feel like we could've beaten the Paytoilets in week 4 if he had played in that game.  Anyways, what was your question?

17 hours ago, Augie said:

I think early season will be spent making sure Moss can keep Josh off his back and in one piece. Blitz pickup has to be solid. At least we know he’s NOT afraid of contact! 

This is true for pretty much every rookie running back, but you're right, it is the key.  He's not a lot more than a gadget player until he can handle the blitz, because until he can handle the blitz, his presence in the lineup reduces the playbook by 30-40%.  

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure Doc, but if he’s smart, a 3rd pick in Moss should prolong his career, not competition as they are different types of RB’s.  He gets to share the load and barring freakish accidents, he’ll last longer.  Besides players are smarter for not commenting on new draft picks at their position, other than to welcome him, and we’ll learn from each other.  The typical player speak vs. the Rodgers answer when they drafted a QB this year.  It’s like the Corlione family motto, “Santino, never tell anyone outside the family what you’re thinking”.  Love that movie.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

And even followed up saying Gore is just a phone call away.